Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marco Vito Oddo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Marco Vito Oddo

  1. Marco Vito Oddo replied to G.Jones's topic in Comics
    It's well worth it. It has some issues, as the big rooster that @saperry mentioned, but overall it is a great show.
  2. Funny, this appeared in the forum after I cancelled my Netflix subscription last weekend. I realized I had not opened the app in two months.
  3. I'm a massive Souls-like and Metroidvania fan, so I played most of the games people put in hard games lists... Yet, my pick is Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy. It took me 10-15 hours to finish a game that can be finished in 3 minutes.
  4. I love doing 100%, but I also value my time. For instance, I did all the missions in Donkey Kong Bananza. I did NOT grab the maximum amount of bananas possible because the last few dozen are just farming currency to buy more bananas... That's dumb. I don't want to spend hours farming for something that doesn't give me anything in return beyond a bigger number.
  5. I think the main issue is that sometimes it feels we know more about survivors than pre-Order 66 Jedi. Yes, we know there were thousands of Jedi around, but that era was barely explored, while the survivors get a lot of attention on TV. As long as the stories are good, I don't see a problem, but I think this would also be easy to solve with a few great stories that could show the depth and the reach of the Jedi organization before the Clone Wars.
  6. This! "Let's add 5 minutes of new footage to change a beloved movie just to make a few extra bucks" is the dumbest way to try to get people excited about the MCU again
  7. Yes, I do the same with comics! I read almost everything digital, but I grab the physicals I really like. Like the Hellboy library editions, or that wonderful Absolute Batman annual.
  8. Among the big franchises, Clayface is the movie I'm most excited to see this year. The trailer looks great, the team behind it is solid, they are truly embracing horror, AND it can teach Hollywood that smaller budgets are a viable solution for theatrical challenges.
  9. Better Call Saul is better than Breaking Bad, and I will die on that hill! I, sadly, didn't like Welcome to Derry... To add another one to the discussion, The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles is a great prequel to the movies. Also, it's harder to discuss prequels when we have expansive franchises, but Andor is the best thing Star Wars has ever made.
  10. I agree! Having fewer episodes allowed them to really focus on what mattered, which makes a great first impression. That said, I hope a potential Season 2 gets more episodes.
  11. Digital for what I want to keep forever, physical for things I might be inclined to sell. All my Mario and Zelda is digital because I keep replaying these games.
  12. But if I were to write that in a fictional story, people would tell me the message is too much on the nose...
  13. Adding to that, the "Project: Batman" file that has a nod to the zoo makes me wonder if Bruce is the product of a social experiment by the Joker.
  14. Great issue! I wasn't a fan of the Ivy story finale, but this new introduction was incredibly strong! I wonder what exactly Scarecrow's powers are, as it seems he can access memories of other people in addition to inducing fear.
  15. There are no arcades near my current home in France... But when I was still in Brazil, I used to go to a few. I miss it
  16. All of this. He could deliver the performance of the century, but no one is excited about this movie, and no one really has any expectations that it'll be ok at best.
  17. With DC taking over Marvel on comics, and DC Studios managing a healthier production pipeline (that values creators), it was the worst time possible for Disney to do this... There's only so much good faith you can burn before things implode.
  18. That's indeed a hot take! I think Mario 64 is a great game that didn't age that well... but considering how unprecedented it was, a lot is forgiven. I would love a remake, though. Use the Odyssey engine to polish the experience, and I'll be happy forever.
  19. Hear, hear! It doesn't maske much sense considering how social media is essential for marketing nowadays
  20. My pull list includes Ice Cream Man, Smile for the Camera, and Absolute Batman.
  21. I also think this is healthier for the industry as a whole. Also, DC Studios seems to have understood that quite well, as the budget for DC movies is below the blockbuster average (while Marvel Studios is still insisting on inflated budgets). I think the most important "superhero" movie of the year is actually Clayface, because it can usher in a new era for the Big Two in terms of production philosophy.
  22. I'm partial to Super Mario Odyssey. I think they did a fantastic job with that one. However, Super Mario World is also a strong contender, especially when looking for a classic 2D Mario adventure.
  23. I think they'll do both. A Switch 2 upgrade for 2026/2027, and a new game by 2028.
  24. I still have to play Requiem, but I'm a fan of the franchise, and I think being an original story is the way to go. Adapting any game storyline is going to be a miss because there's only so much lore you can squeeze into two hours. I wish the original story still featured some main characters (like how Resident Evil: Revelations added a whole new story for Jillin between mainline titles). But Cregger's bought enough good faith that I trust he can do justice to the games with a new character.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.