Everything posted by Marco Vito Oddo
-
HORROR MOVIES - The Official NEW BLOCKBUSTERS?!
I saw the title and went to grab the "always has been" gif... But James already perfectly put it. Horror has always had massive ROI in Hollywood because budgets are small and marketing is way more organic. I would even dare to say before this decade. I started to write about horror professionally around 2014. Since then, every single year, without exception, there has been some kind of discussion framed around "Is horror back?" Horror has been big since the slasher era of 1970/1980, and while the kind of horror that blows is different, I see it as incredibly stable when we take into account the budgets and box office.
-
Mando and Grogu Box Office - What Happened?
I just hope Disney doesn't learn the wrong lesson here. I can already picture executives running wild and screaming, "Resurrect Luke! Bring Palpatine back!"
-
The return of Savage (and Grey?) Hulk in Spider-Man: Brand New Day
So, in comics, the Hulk has always been an expression of Bruce's trauma because his father was an abusive piece of shit... I have no idea why the MCU has avoided Bruce's past at all costs, from the very first movie. Ang Lee's Hulk is flawed in many ways (many being a keyword). However, it's still the only Hulk movie that even tried to understand this relationship that should be central to the character. Immortal Hulk kind of cemented how each Hulk is a byproduct of a different strategy Banner uses to protect himself. Savage is his childish anger, while Grey is a slick survivor molded after mobster movies.
-
The Onslaught trailer is amazing!
I don't think it's a sequel because Dan Stevens is being credited as "German scientist." However, it would be cool if the movies shared a universe.
-
The Onslaught trailer is amazing!
Ok, so, A24 is releasing a new horror action movie from the team behind You're Next... headlined by Adria Arjona... And featuring Rebecca Hall... The trailer looks amazing, so this is now my most-expected movie of the year. What did you think of it?
-
Lex Luthor Is Finally Getting His Coolest Upgrade in Man of Tomorrow!
YES! That suit looks amazing! The fact that it's an actual suit instead of a CGI model baffles me. Of course, CGI will be heavily involved in action scenes, but being able to shoot Lex inside the suit is amazing!
-
The return of Savage (and Grey?) Hulk in Spider-Man: Brand New Day
I really wish this is the beginning of MCU dealing with all the Hulks. Immortal Hulk is amazing for many reasons, but the way it streamlined personalities and their conflicting systems is PERFECT.
-
Are you excited for Zack Snyder's Escape from New York remake?
Not really... Snyder hasn't done anything good in a while, so I will only allow myself to be excited when the writer gets announced. If Snyder writes it himself, then I don't see it being any good.
-
MCU Movies and TV Shows
VisionQuest!
-
Daredevil seasons
100% agree with this! Daredevil Season 2 feels like two seasons in a trenchcoat
-
Is the Punisher a serial killer?
Oh, yeah, definitely! And the comics are better when the writer is aware of that, which is why MAX is so good.
-
What's the best superhero TV show ending?
That's a nice one!
-
Does Lanterns really need to be "green"?
I think the color grading should be linked to the tone and style of the show... It makes no sense to ask for more "green" to be used in a vacuum, and I'm tired of people complaining about this show for the most stupid reasons.
-
What superhero movie are you actually most excited for right now?
This is my pick unless we're allowed to sneak in Clayface.
-
What's the best superhero TV show ending?
No one has brought Legion to the discussion yet. That show was bonkers, but so well written!
-
Stargate.. next series.
I totally agree with you! The series should be its own thing, just using the same mythology. I'm fine with cameos and hearing about previous characters, but it would be better if they took us to a different corner of the universe.
-
How do you fel about Odin #1?
It's a strong start, and I love the concept, but I felt the first half was better. I think the infiltration angle might be better than the potentially supernatural aspects of the story. I'm still curious about it, and I'll definitely keep pulling it, but I hope it keeps deconstructing the Nordic-loving neonazi movements.
-
Deathstroke & Bane movie - What is this?!
Yeah, I agree. Gun is chronically online, so he knows people want diversity in the DCU. The fact that Supergirl has similarities with Guardians, even though Gunn is neither the writer nor the director, already raised concerns for some fans. He needs more projects like Clayface and Lanterns, things that will feel different.
-
Who's your favorite member of the Fellowship in Lord of the Rings?
I like this discussion because, regardless of what people say, I'll never feel that's a wrong choice. They are all phenomenal actors in pitch-perfect roles. Seriously, I still don't understand how these movies got made! The same team didn't manage to make The Hobbit as satisfying, so The Lord of the Rings feels like a miracle sometimes.
-
Who's Excited for VisionQuest?
I'm totally up for it!
-
Are you planning to watch Lanterns?
Didn't even watch the latest trailer. I was sold the moment they announced it!
-
Ahsoka Season 2 has been delayed to 2027
I would prefer that, but I think the delay indicates the opposite. Filoni is now in charge, so they are waiting for Mando & Grogu box office to make the Thrawn stuff a huge deal across multiple projects.
-
Which Daredevil villain should come to Born Again Season 3?
I understand the Kingpin being big, but I love how Season 2 of the original series handled him. He appears in a single episode, just to let you know he's still a threat. That's it. I hope they do something similar in Born Again Season 3. I would prefer no Kingpin at all, but D'Onofrio is already shooting, so make it a guest role, please!
-
Do You Like to Use Motion Contols for Gaming?
This right here. For party games is fine, for fitness games it's great even. For regular games? I prefer to be on the couch with my limbs in angles that defy human anatomy, without worrying about putting the controller in a specific position for a movement to compute.
-
Who's Excited for VisionQuest?
One more for the hype train! I think the whole TV branch is pretty much hit or miss. But when it hits, it hits HARD. WandaVision, Loki, and Wonder Man are phenomenal! Agatha All Along is also strong, and I will die defending She-Hulk.