Everything posted by Marco Vito Oddo
-
Spider-Man: Brand New Day vs. Beyond the Spider-Verse
Beyond for me. I loved both previous movies, and I don't need to be concerned about an overarching narrative.
-
Daredevil: Born Again season 2 episode 4 thoughts ðŸ’
I agree! The action in previous episodes was lacking... Too much editing and an unclear choreography. This episode slaps!
-
Avatar 4 & 5 Update: Sequels Could Be Cheaper & Shorter? But Is That What We Want?
Shorter? For sure! I feel like Fire and Ash could have 40 minutes cut from it without anything being missed. Cheaper? Nope! The main appeal of these movies is the visual spectacle, so taking that away will just draw more attention to the script (which, let's be honest, is not the franchise's strongest suit).
-
It’s New Comic Book Day again. What did everyone grab this week?
Something Is Killing the Children and Bleeding Hearts are also in my pull list! With Hello Darkness and The Nice House By the Sea added on top. When you read Estuary, could you let me know what you think?
-
Is anyone going to see Super Mario Galaxy in theaters?
You definitely should! It's one of those movies that's made for a theatrical event.
-
The Defenders Are Back??!
It was okay... But such an obvious downgrade from Jessica Jones and Daredevil, and on the heels of Iron Fist, so its flaws became more apparent. Sigourney Weaver as an immortal ninja made absolutely no sense. Plus, The Hand (which looked like a major threat in Daredevil and even Iron Fist) turned out to be impressive. Finally, they locked a bunch of great supporting cast into a police station instead of giving them something useful to do.
-
Avengers: Doomsday Will Perform Well No Matter What
Yeah, when you put 500+ million into a movie development, suddenly crossing the 1 billion mark doesn't look like a major achievement. It's weird because this era of blockbuster filmmaking has completely eschewed public perception of box office success. People now think 200/300 million at the box office is automatically awful, when it's actually a massive win for most movies.
-
What did you think of the new Spider-Man trailer?
I 100% agree! Which is why I'm worried they'll use this movie to push a backdoor pilot of The X-Men. I want this to be classic Spidey, something we still didn't have in the MCU.
-
The Defenders Are Back??!
Same here. Luke Cage was ok, despite the actor being great. The first season crashed after Cottonmouth's death, and the second season was stretched too thin across 13 episodes, although I LOVE Bushmaster. Iron Fist's first season is genuinely awful. The second season is a lot better, but still not great. The best part of Iron Fist Season 2 was Coleen becoming the Iron Fist, which apparently will change. So, yeah, I'm not super excited. I hope the writing will be better and things will make sense, but given the time jump from the Defenders era to Born Again, AND the MANY cliffhangers of Luke Cage and Iron Fist, I'm afraid things might get rushed. Matt, Jessica, and Frank returned to work because their individual series had an ending of sorts. Luke Cage and Iron Fist just got interrupted.
-
Jumanji vs. Dunesday
This. They are fun, but they are not the priority for a theatrical experience.
-
Avengers: Doomsday Will Perform Well No Matter What
I think it will make money, but I'm still unsure if it will make enough. These movies cost 400+ million dollars to make, which means anything short of 1.2 BILLION will not be a good return on investment. Even great movies like Thunderbolts* struggled at the box office, despite the insanely good word-of-mouth. While the Avengers will have an easier time scoring a massive opening weekend, I'm still unsure whether they'll surpass 1.5 billion (which is what they need for it to be a success). The fact that Avatar 3 underperformed puts me on the fence for Doomsday.
-
Post apocalyptic comics, suggestions?
Sweet Tooth is great! Also, since it's finished already, you can read it in one go. Nocterra from Scott Snyder is not as good, imo, but it's a fun ride and has a unique post-apocalyptic concept (the sun has dimmed).
-
Is anyone going to see Super Mario Galaxy in theaters?
The online subscription for the Switch gives you access to a vast catalogue of NES and SNES games (including every Mario). If you like retro gaming, the subscription is definitely worth it.
-
Is anyone going to see Super Mario Galaxy in theaters?
I did love it! Yes, the script is shallow. Yes, things happen for no reason. But it's a nostalgia blast, it's beautiful to look at, and it's casual fun that lands the thrills. Honestly, there's nothing wrong with that.
-
Are you planning to watch Masters of the Universe?
If it turns out like Honor Among Thieves, it will be great. But I'm not holding my breath, to be honest. When was the last time any movie with Leto was decent?
-
Is anyone going to see Super Mario Galaxy in theaters?
I'm going tomorrow! I actually liked the first one; it's the movie equivalent of a sugar rush.
-
What April 2026 Comics Are You Looking Forward To Most?
For me, Something Is Killing the Children and Event Horizon. But I'm also curious about Red Roots.
-
Thoughts on the new Supergirl trailer?
This is the most welcoming surprise. It seems he'll take the role of Comet in the movie, which is a change I can totally support. Comet demands a bit too much backstory to make sense, while Lobo is a bounty hunter, something everyone can recognize. Also, I was surprised they are compressing the story into 3 days. Makes a lot more sense for a movie than a months-long story, but I'm curious about how they'll handle it.
-
Absolute Superman #18 Spoiler Thread
I felt the second half of the issue was a bit rushed, throwing too many things at the reader at once for the sake of putting an Absolute spin on more characters. That said, Steel's design is amazing, and I would topple entire kingdoms to protect Pet Parasite. So, while pacing could still improve (it's been hit or miss in Absolute Superman), I'm excited about the new story.
-
What's on your pull list this week?
There's Absolute Superman and Fraction's Batman coming tomorrow, which I imagine are the two biggest issues people will get. What else? Anyone excited about the new Daredevil? Is Killroy Is Here becoming another massive hit for Image?
-
Super Smash Bros. Movie
Basically, yeah. Officially, the games happen within a children's room where Nintendo toys get animated by the giant hand. So Toy Story + Mortal Kombat. The Mario movie doesn't have a deep story, and it works as it is, so I'd be up for a Smash Bros. event (even more if we do get other movies from key characters before that).
-
Now that we're past the halfway mark, what do you think of Scrubs Season 10?
Not that the bar was too high 😆
-
Favorite one man/woman vs. army movie?
Sisu is my pick. What an amazing movie!
-
What movie would you most want to see with a live orchestra performing the music?
I'm yet to see any Lord of the Rings with a live orchestra. These events are quite rare here in France, and they usually sell out really fast.
-
Now that we're past the halfway mark, what do you think of Scrubs Season 10?
That's the perfect definition! Especially after Season 9