Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nicole Drum

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Nicole Drum

  1. SOME CONTEXT BEFORE I GET ROASTED LIKE A ROTISSERIE CHICKEN: I used to be really into video games. Halo was my LIFE back in the day. I camped in a rural small-town Walmart and almost got into a fist fight with a guy over consoles. I am a delight. That said, it has been a thousand years since I've bought a console or a game because life, you know? I also haven't kept up on things but now I'm a parent with a kid who is into stuff and I see all the discourse about GTA6 and... I don't get it? I am in no way minimizing that $100 is a lot of money. It absolutely is. But is it really too much for a game? What is the criteria for "too much"? I mean, Halo 2 set me back around $50 in 2004 money and that's approximately $95 or so in today's shells. Someone please make their case one way or the other for me on this.
  2. It's still not Gunn's movie.
  3. Nicole Drum replied to KOutlaw's topic in Movies
    THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSS
  4. As I told someone today "The Men are Menning again."
  5. Having read the book this is based on, this movie looks waaaaaaay too happy and cheerful and superficial. The book is gut wrenching (and incredible) and I honestly do not know that there is a way to even slant it bright and happy for marketing without entirely missing the mark.
  6. Honestly, not really. I frequently buy comics on vibes as insane as that sounds.
  7. I feel like anything is better than the original series at this point. I lost IQ points watching that.
  8. I'm still excited for it even with the reviews. I honestly sort of expected the reviews and as I mentioned on social media today, the criticisms of the movie, to me, sound like the movie is a pretty close to literal adaptation of the comic. And, frankly, I think the comic is mid at best and people somehow convinced themselves it was great. If Supergirl is nothing more than a good adaptation of mid comic, I'm happy. What I am not happy about is that it seems to be the same old song and dance of a certain pocket of dudes big annoyed that the girls get a superhero movie so they're trying to be hateful in the discourse. That I am not excited about. I'm tired.
  9. It may also just not have been especially popular.
  10. I wouldn't have cancelled the last show.
  11. I feel like this one is for us olds and even we aren't especially interested.
  12. What I really just want is for people to stop treating television as a movie they can break into episodes. That sort of storytelling only works in very, very specific circumstances (and I'm not even talking about shows designed to binge -- there is a difference). You can't just make one big story and chop it into sections effectively without a plan and it feels more often than not that a lot of tv shows are trying to do that even in a binge model.
  13. I mean, this literally just confirms for me that I think JRJR isn't all that as an artist which is a take I've been roasted for having but I do not even care.
  14. Oh man, his passing still hurts. He was just so good.
  15. I remain emotionally destroyed by Pixar.
  16. Bro, what the hell is up with Spidey's shoulders? Looks like he shoplifted a couple of hams.
  17. It always has something to do with it having a female lead. You see this cycle repeat with every single female-led superhero movie. I recognize the pattern. Also, I don't understand why everyone keeps wanting to credit James Gunn with things for this movie. Craig Gillespie is the director and it kind of crushes my soul a little every time I see people (in general, not you) act like this is Gunn's movie.
  18. We're getting close to the Season 4 finale of From (you can check out a clip from this week's episode here). So much is still up in the air. Have you been watching? What do you think will happen?
  19. I can't explain it but this feels like a metaphor for life.
  20. I feel like if they make something now it will just be somehow poorly executed and unfunny. Those movies were a very specific moment in time that we don't live in anymore. Or maybe my frontal lobe has just developed.
  21. I always worry that when hollywood leans into book trends things get lopsided so fast, but this so far has seemed pretty fun and honestly, if there ends up being a situation where more people read after watching tv, it's all good.
  22. This is precisely what I expected from you.
  23. I did not expect you to be down for hockey romance, Ben.
  24. Nicole Drum replied to Mekhi's topic in Movies
    I am honestly exhausted by Wolverine in general and would be completely fine with him being utilized less in movies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.