Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nicole Drum

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Nicole Drum

  1. I know I had to do a triple take to make sure we weren't still being April Fool's pranked, but it looks like we really are getting the Defenders back (check out the story here). How do we all feel about this? It's pretty exciting. Wild this is how we found out about it, but I know a lot of folks are excited for this to happen.
  2. Counting the whole trilogy as one movie is the only real correct way to do it.
  3. Let's have a little fun for a moment. Someone appears in your world who has been in a coma for the past 26 years or is somehow otherwise culturally unaware of things that have happened during that time. What are the three movies you suggest to them that best represent the time they're missing?
  4. We just got our first look at Brian Michael Bendis' story in the upcoming Spider-Man/Superman crossover (you can check it out here). It's just one of the stories in the issue, but it seems pretty cool. Which of the stories in the issue are you most looking forward to?
  5. Honestly? Probably yes, I'll just have to plan for it. We haven't bought a new console in ages and played the crap out of the ones we have had. Since we're not the sort of people who go out and buy the new thing each time it comes out, our systems are more like investments anyway so I'd probably be willing to go around $800 if I knew we were going to utilize it for as long as we typically do.
  6. April is pretty much here (and may well be here depending on when you're reading this) and I'm already starting to see a lot of people talking about horror binge watches and things like that. As someone who loves all things spooky, I say you can never have enough but it makes me wonder: is it ever too soon for spooky time when it comes to movies?
  7. I have event started watching this. I think I'm just reluctant to do so after Scrubs (admittedly watched in syndication) was such a big part of my ritual when I worked overnights so it's sort of a time capsule for me. I might check it out eventually but I don't know.
  8. Books are always the win for me and I'm not even upset about it. Give me a book any day and I am a very happy human being.
  9. Now THIS is how you make a nerd shrine.
  10. You forgot regular books/novels... which would be my choice because there are worlds upon worlds upon worlds in books. ;)
  11. My phone, unless I can pry the Switch away from the kid.
  12. I think it looks really good. The kids seem well cast. Unfortunately, my issues with JKR put a pretty dark cloud over this one for me.
  13. I think Colbert's love of the material might just be the thing that makes it worthwhile. If anyone else were doing it, I would be arching an eyebrow so sharply but Colbert is practically scholarly about things so I have great hope.
  14. So, WB just announced that there's going to be another new LOTR movie -- and Stephen Colbert is writing it. How do y'all feel about that? I'm actually pretty excited -- Colbert's love of LOTR makes this feel like a perfect choice.
  15. Project Hail Mary. It's a perfect movie. It wrecked me.
  16. I never watched Buffy so I don't have a lot of opinions generally, but it seems to me like there was a lot of behind the scenes mess here and maybe the cancellation was a good thing.
  17. I want Wonder Woman's invisible jet.
  18. They'd arrest him because he's doing more for crime than the actual authorities.
  19. So the Spider-Man trailer is being broken up into pieces and distributed in that weird way. There was the weird way Doomsday stuff was rolled out. We're getting Dune 3 on TikTok. What is going on with all that? I fully understand that the classic put a trailer on TV thing is less effective because we all cut the cord and live on devices now, but this -- specifically the chopping things up like a low budget scavenger hunt seems weird and honestly, doesn't make me excited about the movie. Am I alone in this? Have I just gotten That Old?
  20. This might save my sanity.
  21. Well, it finally happened. My child is into Pokemon. I found cards in his backpack -- I guess some of his friends have been giving them to him. Help me figure out how to support this -- how does one get into Pokemon?
  22. I have to be honest: I never got into Firefly so I genuinely do not understand the hype. THAT SAID, I am going to be deeply annoyed if they just decide to do a rewatch podcast. I doubt we're getting a reboot or a sequel or a revival and I fear whatever they are coming up with will probably disappoint, but even as someone who never got into Firefly, I am begging, no podcast.
  23. Nicole Drum replied to Owls4u's topic in Comics
    If you are very diligent on eBay you can find them from time to time!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.