Everything posted by KOutlaw
-
The Boys Season 5, Episodes 1 & 2 - What Did You Think?
It's alright, but I think it's good we're wrapping this up, b/c it feels like it's kinda, sorta, running on fumes. Kimiko's talking is something I'm glad we're only getting for one season. Sheeesh. Still, Jensen Ackles is a treasure. Not a bad start.
-
What Is The Most Influential Sci-Fi Franchise (But With a Caveat)
I think DOCTOR WHO has more incluence on Timey-Wimey Sci-fi than we give it credit for.
-
Daredevil: Born Again season 2 episode 4 thoughts 💭
One of the best of Both the Netflix and Disney+ series. Maybe the best overall action episode we've seen yet: Bullseye's opening diner kills, him and Matt in the apartment, Fisk's Boxing match, then the three-way brawl rematch. In many ways, I felt this episode was the true sequel to the Season 3 Finale of the Netflix show. Went to sleep HAUNTED by the reveal shot of Vanessa. SHEEESH...
-
The Defenders Are Back??!
There has been a LOT of Defenders slander in the last week. I LIKED that crossover. It was like Marvel's version of a CW Arrowverse event. Sure, I want bigger and better from the MCU, but I had prayed for times like that! (But seriously: Sigourney Weaver as a "villain" was Weird)
-
Thoughts on the new Supergirl trailer?
I'm already exhausted by all the people who never read Woman of Tomorrow but saw GotGv3. Sigh.
-
Do You Want a Project Hail Mary Sequel?
This movie was a pretty good distillation of a novel – few films balance the character and narrative depth of a book while still being succinct enough, with enough spectacle, to entertain as a movie. So, until Andy Weir writes a second book, and it, too, is a bestseller, we don't need a sequel film. See: Doctor Sleep
-
What do you think of the Harry Potter trailer?
The way I sprinted to this forum to see the commentary! [With my lawn chair, beer, and bucket of popcorn] I won't lie: a tear may have escaped my eye.
-
Thoughts on Lanterns Trailer?
It was a W E I R D vibe-setter. That said: the cast is excellent and I feel like underneath the True Detective vibes there will be some dope fantastical DC/GL lore that gets explored. So I’m still hopeful.
-
What was the first fandom you really got into?
Transformers / GI JOE G1 If I behaved at school/home I got a new action figure every other week. I became a very good boy.
-
Mid-month check in: What’s your favorite nerdy thing that you’ve watched/done/bought so far this February?
That America's Next Top Model Netflix Doc. Tyra is a 😈👹
-
Damage Control in the MCU
It seems like Damage Control will be the tactical means of enforcing the anti-mutant agenda of key political factions and/or figures. Wouldn't be surprised if we find names like Senator Robert Kelly attached to the organization. Could be great to have Damage Control partner with organizations like A.I.M. in creating the Sentinel system – it just fits with the MCU X-Men lore to have a group scarred by alien attacks and enhanced people going AWOL want to control the mutant population.
-
Absolute Batman enjoyers, how did you like Poison Ivy's design?
As someone who is casually interested in modern science concerning gene-splicing, recombinant DNA, and naturalistic cures and treatments, this was delicious nightmare fuel. Also, making Poison Ivy into John Carpenter's The Thing - by whatever means - is a wild twist. I loved it. Can wait for the full boss battle. Also: How do we not make mention of Chainsaw (Bat)man?
-
Who do you guys wanna see next in Marvel Rivals?
I'm surprised no one else said it, but I need Thanos as a Vanguard character! Dual blade weapon, lot of wrestler-style techniques and charges; Infinifty Guantlet steadily builds up stones until Elite Ultimate Attack (The Snap) wipes out the whole opposition squad (who aren't in the base).
-
Who do you guys wanna see next in Marvel Rivals?
Would love it if you BAMF'd into that dark dimension and could run through stuff and end up in strategic places.
-
It’s President’s Day in the US, so who’s your favorite fictional president or leader in TV/movies?
-
Ranking the PREDATOR Franchise After BADLANDS
Ok, I had the weekend to rewatch this on Hulu. I gotta re-rank the franchise like this: Predator (1987) Predator: Badlands Prey Predators Predator 2 The Predator ALSO: Curious if Badlands changes your perception of at least the Predator arc in AvP? Like, does that Predator's story arc with Sanaa Lathan's character seem better now that we understand the Yautja better?
-
Should Cloak & Dagger return to the MCU?
Bring them back in full comic-accurate mode (or some Marvel Rivals modern update). Their chemistry was great and they made those characters more interesting than the page ever did (for me).
-
Wild how Wonder Man is a good MCU show
I've said it before and will say it again: If Marvel Studios put the bulk of the TV budget behind these "Spotlight" events like Wonder Man or Werewolf By Night, I think we'd all be better for it.
-
What Iconic TV Show Do You Think Is Overrated?
I came her to say this, but the comments held me down!
-
What Is a Franchise or IP That You Feel Like You Should Have Gotten Into But Didn't?
I played a lot of tabletop knockoffs in the 1990s and 2000s, but I wish I had really formed a squad and done real official D&D campaigns. I had all the infrastructure for it (local comic shop I hung around all the time, college campus home, complete with students that played...) but it was just "my older brother's thing." Sigh.
-
Knight of the Seven Kingdoms BIG TWIST!!!! How we feeling about it???
I read all the major lore George R.R. Martin wrote, and I still enjoyed how, when, and where this twist was revealed. Even knowing beforehand, I'm still locked in tight to see the rest of the series.
-
If deadpool isnt in doomsday we boycott
#InTheLeaksITrust - I think we'll find out why Thor was crying. But you didn't hear that from me 😜
-
Who had the better final form in Dragon Ball Z?
Perfect Cell. And Gohan SSJ2 was the most epic hero transformation. All around DBZ's best fight.
-
What’s your Scream movie ranking?
Scream (1996) Scream VI Scream 2 Scream (2022) Scream IV Scream 3
-
Do you still want to see Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4?
I want to see the original Spider-Man universe integrated into new projects, but I don’t need any continuing adventures there