Everything posted by Allison Schonter
-
What are your nerdy New Year’s resolutions?
Finally read The Walking Dead comics. Huge fan of the show and have been wanting to read them for years, but have just never gotten around to it. Hoping that 2026 will be the year that finally changes.
-
What’s a TV Show or Mini-Series That You Love But Are Still Embarrassed to Recommend
Oh man, there’s really too many. Pretty Little Liars, The Vampire Diaries, Teen Wolf, Scream Queens, MTV's Scream. The list is endless. Maybe not necessarily embarrassed to recommend, but all have their faults (many many faults if we’re being honest). But they are my go-to guilty pleasures that I’ve rewatched too many times to count.
-
What new TV shows are you most looking forward to in 2026?
I'm admittedly not much of a superhero person, but my nephew has been begging me to watch Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, so I may have to finally give it a try in 2026! Great pick!!
-
What new TV shows are you most looking forward to in 2026?
2026 is shaping up to be a great year for TV, especially when it comes to new series. There are so many new shows I’m excited to watch next year, but I think I’m most excited for The Testaments. I was a big fan of The Handmaid’s Tale, and so I’m excited to see that story continue. Also very much looking forward to A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms and the Carrie TV show…I love everything Mike Flanagan touches, and so I’m extremely hopeful that his adaptation will be great.
-
What nerdy things did you get for Christmas?
I got a few nerdy things this year, but my favorite is probably my Minecraft forest biome PDP REALMz wireless controller, which I will now be solely using whenever I play Minecraft! Also got an awesome Twilight shirt that I’m super excited to wear.
-
Which January 2026 movie are you most excited to see?
Haha, I literally ask my parents for a movie theater gift card every Christmas!
-
Favorite Nerdy Movie of 2025?
I had a blast seeing A Minecraft Movie in theaters! Definitely looking forward to the sequel.
-
IT: Welcome to Derry Season 1 Is Over... Thoughts?
Skarsgard is absolutely brilliant as Pennywise. I definitely have some issues with the show as a whole, but anytime he was on the screen I was hooked.
-
Welcome to Derry
Finally got around to watching the finale, and as much as I love the show, I have to agree. The finale was a perfect conclusion to the story and the perfect connection to the films. I don't really think it's necessary to go further down the rabbit hole (but I'll definitely still watch if they do).
-
What nerdy item did you miss out on as a kid but still want today?
Stretch Screamers. I always wanted one as a kid, but never got around to adding it to my Christmas list or saving up my money to buy it for myself. I would still love one today.
-
Final Predictions Before Stranger Things Season 5, Volume 2?
What a tease! Haha. But super excited for the new episodes and to see what we've gotten right (and wrong, lol).
-
Your FAV Xmas Counterprogramming Movie - GO!
I'm also the type of person to watch horror movies around Christmas and really all year long. I'll probably be squeezing in a rewatch of Halloween (78) or maybe one of this year's releases that I haven't seen just yet.
-
What's been your favorite part of Stranger Things Season 5 so far?
I'll die right there with you! I love them so much!!
-
Which January 2026 movie are you most excited to see?
Definitely The Bone Temple. I loved 28 Years Later, and am just generally a big fan of horror releases, so I'm really looking forward to this one.
-
Giveaway: What nerdy thing are you hoping to get for Christmas?
A bit of a recent and last minute addition to my wish list, but a physical copy of The 100 Season 7. Not necessarily a fan of the season, but I own the first six on DVD and with the show now absent from streaming, it'd be nice to have physical copies of every season.
-
What's been your favorite part of Stranger Things Season 5 so far?
With Stranger Things Part 2 just a few days away now, I've been thinking about all of my favorite moments from Part 1. I've loved so much about it. Other than the big reveal with Will, I've also really surprisingly enjoyed Holly's bigger involvement this season. I was admittedly a bit skeptical, but I'm really loving her storyline and character and am excited to see what happens next.
-
Christmas Who
Oh man, what a blast of nostalgia! Completely forgot about this episode until now, but it's a great one and I may need to rewatch it this year! I love the decorated coral tree!
-
What single TV episode do you wish you could watch again for the first time?
For me, it would be The Haunting of Hill House Episode 5, “The Bent-Neck Lady.” It’s by far my favorite episode of any TV show ever, and it’s the only episode where I’ve had to pause the show and really sit in silence with it for a bit before I could continue. The reveal was just incredibly well done and absolutely heartbreaking, and no episode of TV has ever affected me like that again.
-
Favorite Rob Reiner Movie?
This is such a difficult one, because they're all just so good. But I'd probably say it's a tie between Misery and Stand By Me. Both are just really good adaptations and really solid film.
-
Final Predictions Before Stranger Things Season 5, Volume 2?
I honestly could see that happening. Mike is generally looked at as one of the safer characters, so it'd shock a lot of people if they killed him off.
-
What's Your Favorite Game for When You Want to Relax?
This is a tough one, but either The Sims or Minecraft depending on my moon.
-
Other Than Die Hard, What is Your Favorite Non-Christmas Movie Christmas Movie?
This is an annual Christmastime viewing necessity in my house!
-
Final Predictions Before Stranger Things Season 5, Volume 2?
I've long believed that Steve wouldn't make it until the end, and the trailer solidified that belief. I definitely think he'll die saving one of the kids.
-
Which Games Do You Want To Finish Before 2026?
I just got Stray after hearing such good things about it, and I have a few out of office days coming up, so I'm planning to give it a try and completely play through it if it hooks me!
-
What Popular TV Show Or Movie Have You Never Watched (Even If Everyone Else Has Tried to Make You Do It?)
The West Wing is another one for me, too. It actually just came to Netflix, so I may finally give it a shot.