Everything posted by Allison Schonter
-
What are you hoping to read, watch, or play later today?
I'm currently in the middle of a The 100 rewatch, so I'll probably squeeze in an episode or two of that later tonight. Also hoping to fit in a bit of time to play Sims 4.
-
What are you watching on streaming this week?
This is a great one! I may also need to fit in a rewatch of the show!
-
What are you watching on streaming this week?
Lots of great things on streaming this week, so what are you all hoping to watch? I missed it last night, but I’m planning to watch the premiere episode of A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms at some point today, and I’m also wanting to rewatch Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire once it hits Hulu Thursday.
-
What movie or show announcement actually got you excited lately?
I've been a major fan of Flanagan's work ever since Hush, and he hasn't disappointed me yet, so I'm extremely hopeful for his take on The Exorcist.
-
What Recent Action Figure or Collectible Purchase Are You Most Hyped About?
I'm usually a "take out of the box" type of person. There are a handful of things that I'll keep in the box, but for the most part, I like to be able to fully see whatever collectible it is that I have.
-
What movie or show announcement actually got you excited lately?
Release date and casting announcements for Mike Flanagan's The Exorcist. Really looking forward to that one!
-
What Game of Thrones spinoffs do you want to see next?
I'm adding another vote to an Arya spinoff. She's a great character who I really think could easily hold her own show.
-
What movie or show has been sitting on your watchlist way too long?
Oh man, I'm embarrassed to say that there are way too many. Off the top of my head: Black Mirror (I've seen a handful of episodes but haven't watched the entire show), Mad Men, Interstellar, Elemental...there's simply too many, lol.
-
What Recent Action Figure or Collectible Purchase Are You Most Hyped About?
they're really all so cute! And as someone who played with Polly Pockets as a kid and whose first actual horror movie was Halloween, the Myers House is just literally so perfect for me!!!
-
What Recent Action Figure or Collectible Purchase Are You Most Hyped About?
Trick or Treat Studios is releasing a Polly Pocket-inspired playset of Michael Myers' house as part of the new Micro Maniacs toy line later this year, and I am so stoked! I won't be able to resist buying it as soon as it's out, and I'm really excited to see what else comes from the Micro Maniacs line!!
-
Which 2020s movies are YOU rewatching the Most?
I've seen Barbie too many times to count! It's such a great movie!
-
First movie you’ve seen/plan to see in 2026?
I'm so excited to see this one, but I unfortunately don't think I'll be able to get to theaters in time. Cannot wait for it to hit digital!
-
Lee Cronin's The Mummy teaser trailer – What did you think?
Yeah, I think that's where I fall. Definitely won't be heading to theaters for it, but I will be setting aside sometime to watch it once it hits streaming.
-
What’s something fandom-related you’re looking forward to this week?
All of The Hunger Games movies are moving to Peacock on Wednesday, so I'm using that as an excuse to start a rewatch of them!
-
Favorite Video Game Genre(s)?
Haha, the pandemic is when I got into cozy gaming, and I just haven't turned back.
-
Lee Cronin's The Mummy teaser trailer – What did you think?
The first teaser trailer for Lee Cronin's The Mummy dropped today (you can watch it here), and I have to say I'm pretty stoked for this one! Definitely giving pretty creepy vibes, which I'm really excited about!
-
First movie you’ve seen/plan to see in 2026?
SpongeBob is always a solid choice!
-
First movie you’ve seen/plan to see in 2026?
We're still pretty early into January, but was just curious to see if you've made it to the movies yet. If not, what do you plan to be your first movie outing of the year? I probably won't be heading to the movie theater until Scream 7 next month!
-
How do you decide when to stick with a series or drop it?
I like to give things a decent shot. Sometimes it can take shows or books or movies a bit of time to really find their footing and hit the ground running, so sticking around can be worth it, but generally if there isn't anything that hooks me within those first few episodes I just gotta stop.
-
Anyone Planning to Hit a Comic Con This Year?
I always have so much fun at conventions, but I've been so busy lately that I haven't been able to get to one in awhile. There's a horror-centered convention in my town annually, so I'm hoping I make it to it this year.
-
What’s your go-to comfort watch when you don’t want to think too hard?
Criminal Minds. It's such an easy show to watch and I've seen it so many times at this point that I don't have to put much into it at all to follow along.
-
Movies You Wish Were Getting More Awards Love
Also adding my vote to Sinners. It was an all around great movie and definitely deserves a lot more awards love.
-
Favorite Video Game Genre(s)?
I'm definitely a cozy gamer!
-
What comic, movie, or show did you enjoy this week?
I finally got around to watching Guillermo del Toro's Frankenstein (way late to the game), and absolutely loved it!
-
What New Games Are You Playing This January?
I'm also hopping back on the Animal Crossing train! I abandoned it awhile back when Sims 4 took over my interests, lol, but have been wanting to get back into it.