Everything posted by Allison Schonter
-
What Iconic TV Show Do You Think Is Overrated?
I was adamantly opposed to The Office for really no good reason at all, and then when I finally sat down and watched it I absolutely loved it!
-
If you could bring one show back, what would it be?
Oh my gosh!!! I don't know how I forgot about Mindhunter! That show is an absolute gem and deserved so many more seasons that it got.
-
Should there be more horror film versions of classic kids stuff?
I'm generally not much of a fan of them, but I would be first in line for a horror Candyland!
-
What do you think of the Stranger Things: Tales from '85 trailer?
I'm actually pretty excited for it! I was ready to be done with Stranger Things with the end of the main series, but this trailer piqued my interest enough that I'll definitely be checking it out.
-
What is the worst movie or TV show recast?
For me it's gotta be Bryce Dallas Howard taking over as Victoria in the Twilight movies. Don't get me wrong, I love Bryce and she's a great actress, but she just couldn’t match Rachelle Lefevre's portrayal of Victoria. Rachelle was absolutely perfect in the role.
-
Greetings!
Welcome to the CB Forum, DarienH4404! Happy to have you here!!!
-
The Last of Us Casting
While I love Pedro Pascal as Joel, I won't deny that Hugh Jackman could have made an equally as great Joel!!
-
Introduction
Welcome to the CB forum!!!!
-
Anyone named there children after there favorite characters?
I don't have human kids, but I do have fur kids, lol. We named them Winifred after Winifred Sanderson from Hocus Pocus and Wilhelmina as an homage to the Dracula character! If I do ever have any actual kids, I do have a few character-based names that would be at the top of my list, though.
-
What movie are you most excited to see this February?
It's crazy that we're almost through January already, and 2026 is already a pretty great year for movies. So, what are you most excited to see next month? For me, it's gotta be Scream 7!
-
What Iconic TV Show Do You Think Is Overrated?
Friends. I won't deny just how influential it was, but I really do think it's an extremely overrated show. I haven't actually watched the series but have caught a few episodes here and there as my fiancee rewatches it, and it just seems really overhyped and at times even problematic.
-
What trailers are you hoping to see during this year’s Super Bowl?
I'm hoping we'll get another Scream 7 trailer, and am also hoping for Toy Story 5 and The Mandalorian and Grogu trailers!
-
When Should PS6 Come Out?
I'm hoping it's not for a bit yet. I've been eyeing finally getting a PS5, as my only other consoles are my Switch and Wii (I can't let go of Guitar Hero and Wii Sports, lol), but I've been wanting to try out so many games that I can't play on those. I don't want to buy a PS5 only for it to immediately become outdated by a PS6, haha!
-
What are you watching this week?
Awesome choice! I just very recently did a full franchise rewatch myself!!
-
What are you watching this week?
What are we all watching this week? I just started a joint live-action and animated rewatch of Avatar: The Last Airbender!
-
What Oscar Movies Do You Want/Need to Catch Up On?
Pretty much all of them. I slacked big time on movies in 2025...I really need to get watching them!
-
What did you think of Guillermo del Toro’s Frankenstein?
I honestly think it was one of my top 3 horror movies of 2025! I'm a big fan of the book, and this felt like such a love letter to the novel. Del Toro really handled this adaptation so well, which really isn't at all surprising.
-
What Nerdy Thing Are You During the Snowpocalypse?
We thankfully lucked out and didn't get hit with the brunt of the storm, but I still used it as an excuse to fit in some Sims 4!
-
If you could bring one show back, what would it be?
I forgot about 1899! Also another really really good Netflix show that ended way too soon!
-
Best Superhero/Star Wars/nerdy name for a cat?
Gotta put my vote behind this. It is adorable! Not Star Wars or superhero nerdy but horror nerdy, we went with Winifred (nod to Hocus Pocus) and Wilhelmina (from Dracula) for our cat and dog. Nerdy names are fun for pets!
-
If you could bring one show back, what would it be?
I've actually never seen that one – I'll have to add it to my watchlist!!!
-
What Are You Playing? (January 20th, 2026)
Just recently got back into Animal Crossing!
-
If you could bring one show back, what would it be?
So many shows have either been cancelled far too early or simply had enough story to warrant more seasons than what they got. So, if you could bring any show back, what would it be? Without a doubt mine would be The OA. I’m still so sad that the show didn’t get to complete its intended five-season story.
-
Is January still a dump month?
I think an argument could definitely be made that January is shifting away from its "dump month" status, though I'm not sure if it will ever be able to fully drop that. It will be interesting to see if other successful releases arrive in January in the coming years.
-
What are you hoping to read, watch, or play later today?
Ooof, that's a tough one to answer, lol. It starts off really really strong, especially once you get a few episodes into the first season, and Season 2 is exceptionally good. But the show sort of loses itself along the way and kind of becomes something unrecognizable from what it started as.