Everything posted by Allison Schonter
-
Still love Lexx (forgotten sci fi shows)
Haven't heard of this one before, but just looked it up and my interest is piqued! Definitely adding it to my watchlist!
-
If you had to choose one post-apocalypse hellscape to live in, which one would you choose?
Definitely TWD! Like you said, the walkers aren't much of a threat unless you encounter horde. Out of all of the post-apocalyptic scenarios, it definitely seems like the most probable to survive.
-
It’s President’s Day in the US, so who’s your favorite fictional president or leader in TV/movies?
I would have to say Michael Keaton's portrayal of President MacKenzie in the cinematic masterpiece that is First Daughter, but also some honorable mentions for Scary Movie's President Baxter Harris (Leslie Nielsen) and literally any of the presidents Morgan Freeman has played.
-
What Is a Franchise or IP That You Feel Like You Should Have Gotten Into But Didn't?
I haven't. I've only actually ever caught bits and pieces of the movies, so I've admittedly never actually sat down and given them an honorable try. Maybe I'll make that one of my goals for 2026!
-
One Piece Season 2's New Trailer
I'm so excited for this! I never watched the animated series (I want to jump into it so bad, but I feel like I'd never be able to catch up, lol), but I absolutely loved the live-action show's debut season.
-
What movie do you think you've rewatched the most amount of times?
These are both such great options! I typically watch Halloween a few times every year (it's by far my favorite movie), but I did recently just get done doing a full Jurassic Park franchise rewatch. The original holds up so well!
-
Which of Mike Flanagan’s upcoming projects are you most excited for?
Mike Flanagan has a few projects in the works currently and just added another to that list with a new adaptation of Stephen King's The Mist. So which of his upcoming TV shows/movies are you most looking forward to? I'm excited for all of his upcoming projects, but think I'm most looking forward to Carrie!
-
What are you watching this week?
So many good TV shows and movies happening right now. So, what's at the top of your watchlist? I was browsing through this week's streaming arrivals and am looking forward to finally watching The Good Place now that it's on Hulu. I've been wanting to check it out for awhile now but haven't gotten around to it. Also pretty exicted to watch the live-action How to Train Your Dragon once it drops on Netflix Tuesday!
-
What Is a Franchise or IP That You Feel Like You Should Have Gotten Into But Didn't?
Oh my gosh! Yes! I've also never gotten into Lord of the Rings. Theoretically, it has all of the elements of something that I'd love, but I've just never gotten into it.
-
What Filmmaker Do You Think Is Overrated?
I'd so agree with this. I've seen quite a few of his films, and I'm just not much of a fan of most of them. He definitely has a great and distinctive style, but I do think he's pretty overrated.
-
Are YouTuber movies the future?
I wasn't aware Talk to Me was made by YouTubers! That's such a great movie!
-
What movie do you think you've rewatched the most amount of times?
It'd probably be a close tie between Hocus Pocus and Halloween for me. They're some of the only movies I can rewatch over and over again without growing bored.
-
The Mandalorian and Grogu trailers
It was definitely one of the stranger trailers I can remember airing during Super Bowl. It didn't really feel like a trailer at all, and it didn't really do much to spark my interest in the movie.
-
The Mandalorian and Grogu trailer was weird, right?
Yeah, definitely a very weird move that I don't think landed quite how they were intending. It failed to generate much excitement at all for me.
-
What was your favorite Super Bowl 2026 trailer?
Scream 7 simply because we're getting so close to its release and the anticipation is building!
-
Stop releasing Super Bowl spots early!
I agree! I was one of those people who would watch the Super Bowl for the trailer and commercials, but this current trend of releasing those early means I have no benefit to sit through a football game.
-
Who is the most famous superhero from your state?
Haha, also from Ohio and couldn't find anything.
-
What’s your Scream movie ranking?
Scream really is such a solid franchise. Halloween is by far my favorite horror franchise, but when it comes to consistently good quality I have to admit that Scream takes the crown.
-
Knight of the Seven Kingdoms BIG TWIST!!!! How we feeling about it???
I knew it was coming, but I love how they handled it! It definitely has me excited for the rest of the season!
-
What Is a Franchise or IP That You Feel Like You Should Have Gotten Into But Didn't?
I like GoT, but it was one of those shows that I was very late to get into.
-
Who is the most famous villain from your state?
Not a superhero/villain-type villain, but I'm from Ohio, where A Nightmare on Elm Street takes place. So Freddy Kruger.
-
What’s your Scream movie ranking?
This was actually pretty difficult for me to do, because I think they’re all pretty solid movies, and I feel like my ranking changes with every rewatch. But currently, this is mine: 1) Scream (1996) 2) Scream 2 3) Scream 4 4) Scream (2022) 5) Scream 3 6) Scream VI And, while not a movie, I have to give an honorable shout out to the Scream TV show.
-
What Is a Franchise or IP That You Feel Like You Should Have Gotten Into But Didn't?
Oooo, great question! I'd have to say Star Trek and Doctor Who. I'm pretty confident that I'd love both of them, but for whatever reason I've just never gotten around to them. At this point, there's so much to both of them that it feels like it'd be an impossible task to catch up.
-
What Games Are You Excited to Play in February?
I've been on a Sims 4 binge for a few months now, and I fear that the upcoming Royalty & Legacy EP is going to keep me hooked for a bit longer! I am trying to broaden my gaming a bit, as I mainly stick to Sims 4 and Minecraft, and I recently got Assassin's Creed to try something new, so maybe I'll give that a go.
-
January had some very fun movies!
I haven't been able to get to the theater yet this year, but I cannot wait until Bone Temple's digital release! 28 Years Later was one of my favorite horror movies of 2025, so I've been really excited to see Bone Temple.