Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marco Vito Oddo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Marco Vito Oddo

  1. While objectively Sinners deserves a top spot, Thunderbolts* got to me on a more personal level.
  2. I started my Pokémon journey with Pokémon Gold! Now I'm just playing Pocket TCG (and since everyone seems to be playing it too, here's my friend ID: 9765275463982803)
  3. I began watching horror movies when I was around 6 or 7 years old. I even learned to read faster because horror movies were only available on subtitled VHS tapes (damn, I'm getting old...). Parental negligence aside, I was usually chill watching horror movies. The first time I got traumatized was watching Castle Freak. The scene where the creature chews off a woman's breasts was too much for me, and that image got scarred in my mind for years. I rewatched the movie when I was older, and it's not even that scary. But for some reason, that scene was one of the most terrifying movie experiences I ever had.
  4. That's a nice collection! I went full digital a couple of years ago, after moving between countries (and continents) four times in less than five years... I'm always tempted to start collecting in paper again, but I still get PTSD from being forced to leave so many books behind.
  5. This was actually my favorite episode! I absolutely loved how it refuses to diminish Blue Dragon to a mere "Nazi" and how tragic (and surprising) his death was. This season has been a bit predictable, which is not bad per se, since the writing is good. But, damn, I was not expecting that level of carnage! Also, I was expecting the season to end in the alternate dimension, not for everyone to escape so fast. Overall, I really liked it.
  6. Mister Miracle is not officially scheduled for 2026... Can I cheat and choose it?
  7. Underrated game! I gotta be honest, the main story is a bit lacking in terms of mechanics, so after you laughed at all the jokes, there was not a huge incentive to play through again (which was important when I was a kid with few games... I must have finished Ocarina of Time at least 50 times!). But Conker's multiplayer mode was honestly the most fun I had with friends during the N64 era. There were so many game modes, and they all were so fun to play!
  8. Unfortunately, I jumped off the boat with this price hike. I don't have enough time for gaming to justify the new subscription price. While price adjustments are expected, a 50% rise is huge.
  9. Time to die on a hill: Majora's Mask Diddy Kong Racing Banjo-Kazooie
  10. I'm quite certain the all-white extras in the alternate dimension must have a reason. It's something too big to be a coincidence. However, I'm not sure if it's going to be Nazis, white supremacists, just modern fascists, or even something like the Butterflies took over in this dimension and killed all races but one just to stop racism in the most ludicrous way ever. On a different note, I love the season so far, but I hope Vij has something to do in the next episodes. It feels bad that he didn't even get a name mention in the farewell letter.
  11. Cristin Milioti and Tramell Tillman got awards, so I'm happy! I would love to see more of Cristin's Sofia, too, but I feel a Season 2 of The Penguin is unlikely. But she can always spearhead a spinoff in Arkham Asylum, or co-lead a Catwoman-focused TV show. I just hope it doesn't take five years for Reeves to bring her back.
  12. I think he wants to be 100% certain they will never be together before deciding to abandon everything in favor of the alternate dimension. Her betrayal is going to sting...
  13. Stopping by to drop some love to Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow. I absolutely love the character, and I think she did an incredible job portraying Natasha. Of course, the MCU has the same issue as Marvel Comics, forcing her to be more of a support to others than her own character.
  14. I really hope we'll get a 3D Mario game announcement. I love Mario Wonder and Bowser's Fury addition to Super Mario 3D World. However, it's been eight years since Mario Odyssey... I need a new Mario 3D game to play once I'm done with Donkey Kong Bananza.
  15. Absolutely loved it! Economos is a powerhouse this season, and I'm loving how the series keeps pushing him to choose between his job and his found family. I'm also curious to see where HArcourt's loyalty really lies. I'm not fully convinced she will betray Chris. Now, the fact Red St. Wild has actual magical powers is insane! I was not expecting that!
  16. I think if we were not all chronically online, the twist would hit way more people. Yeah, it's "obvious," but the fact that the series wants Chris to think it's a perfect universe also leads the audience to buy this lie, at least at first. James Gunn is far from perfect, and he has some writing vices I dislike (please, hold the exposition, my dude!). Still, he remains one of my favorite storytellers because you can see how he leaves nothing to chance and wants to actively decide what each minor element of his scripts means.
  17. I actually have a different complaint. I love Shang-Chi, and I love that it works as a standalone story! However, that ending with the Avengers crossover and the Rings nature tease creates a storytelling obligation that Marvel Studios simply didn't follow through on. That taints the movie, IMO, because it sets the expectation that Shang-CHi must be a piece on a larger puzzle, instead of just a good movie in itself. I think that's the biggest issue with the current MCU. It doesn't commit to interconnectivity, but also doesn't allow each story to stand on its own. Imagine if Thunderbolts* ended with THAT post-credits scene, but there was no FF movie on the way? That would send the wrong message about what that movie is. Marvel Studios' pathological need to keep teasing the next project, without a solid plan, is harming the universe.
  18. I've watched the last few episodes through screeners, and then I rewatch each episode weekly with my girlfriend. Last Friday, we watched Episode 3, and I was actually looking at her all the time to see if she picked up something strange. It's subtle enough for people to miss, and obvious enough to serve as foreshadowing. I absolutely love it!
  19. I'm picking Talk to Me, The Night House, and Nosferatu... But there are so many great horror movies out there. I guess the lower budgets really allow people to be more creative and take bigger risks, so when horror gets things right, it's amazing.
  20. I still mourn the loss of 1899... It's particularly disappointing that the creators came to Netflix with a three-season plan, got the first season approved, and then Netflix just didn't care about closure at all.
  21. With Creature Commandos, Superman, and Peacemaker being a blast (and I would even put The Suicide Squad in this list), I trust Gunn wholeheartedly to do whatever he wants. That said, I would guess that Man of Tomorrow could feature a big intergalactic threat, like Brainiac or Mongul, that would force Lex to fight by the side of Superman (because DCU Lex does seem to care about humanity, in his own twisted way). That could be used for Lex to sell a "good guy" image he needs for us to get a President Lex Luthor down the line.
  22. That's it! While I think The Dark Knight Rises is the weakest of the trilogy, I still like it. There are no bad movies in this trilogy.
  23. Ok, I have a sad story to share. Here, where I live, I pay a monthly subscription that gives me unlimited access to movie theaters of a specific chain, and I can always take someone with me. That means I sometimes go to the theaters because my plus one really wants to watch a movie. I saw The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It earlier, as a journalist, and I hated it. It's so bland as to be offensive. Then, when it hit theaters, a friend of mine really wanted to watch it, so I watched it again. Then, my girlfriend decided she also wanted to watch it... I watched that movie three times on the big screen, and I despised every second of it. I know the franchise is not ending, but I hope it does. The cinematic universe has more misses than hits, and they obviously dried out the creative well.
  24. I've been following the MCU from the beginning, and I used to be excited to go to theaters on day one. Honestly, nowadays I take some time to watch a few things if I don't intend to write about them. I still haven't started What IF...? Season 3. Regardless of the Avengers doing well, I want those solid solo stories Ben wished for. Given Thunderbolts*, they do have the ability to make those, if they just get out of their own way.
  25. Is it too soon to say Hollow Knight: Silksong? Jokes apart, Donkey Kong Banaza for the win, so far.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.