Everything posted by Marco Vito Oddo
-
How much Marvel are we really expecting in Spider-Noir?
Given that Spider-Man is Marvel's biggest money maker, I could see Marvel Studios trying to strike a deal to help the MCU stay afloat... But I don't know if the production timeline would allow that, given that Marvel Studios is still cleaning house.
-
Predicting the Biggest Film of 2026
I'm also curious about Master of the Universe... But if we think "biggest" in terms of box office, it will either be The Odyssey or Spider-Man. I hope Avengers: Doomsday fares well and the MCU gets back on track, but I'm not holding my breath.
-
What's the Best Stephen King Adaptation?
It shouldn't be a hot take! That movie is great! I wish the third arc were shorter, but overall I loved it too!
-
Name one movie theater experience you wish you could relive
A Quiet Place. In Brazil, people are usually loud in theaters (which has led me more than once to argue with moviegoers). However, A Quiet Place is so... quiet that even chewing a single popcorn would echo in the room. As a result, everyone was embarrassed to make noises. I never experienced a commercial screening so silent as that one when I was in Brazil. Hereditary, The Witch, and The Lighthouse were also wonderful experiences going in blind.
-
Movies You Rewatch Every Holiday Season
Anna and the Apocalypse... Yes, I know I'm weird
-
After The Running Man, What Stephen King Reboot Should Be Next?
I'm so excited about the new The Dark Tower TV show... That movie was offensive
-
What's the Best Stephen King Adaptation?
Doctor Sleep and The Long Walk are up there to me... But for the sake of Variety, Gerald's Game is criminally underrated.
-
How Are You feeling About the God of War TV Show Skipping the Greek Saga?
I spent too many late nights beating all those games on hard mode. I didn't even own a PlayStation 2. I just packed a backpack and visited a friend who had the console so we could play all night long.
-
Is Avengers: Doomsday Going to Save the MCU?
In addition to this, they are making one of the most expensive movies ever, again, one that will only be a success if hauls over 1.2 or 1.5 BILLION dollars... That's the receipt for failure.
-
Thinking About Getting a Meta Quest. Is It Worth It?
I would wait next year for Valve's VR option... It looks way better than Meta and will probably be priced the same or cheaper.
-
What horror movie do you think you could actually survive?
Honestly, It Follows. Move to Australia, let the stalker spend years crossing the ocean, then move back to Europe.
-
Should Stranger Things have released weekly or do you prefer the batched model?
When LOST was airing, I was still in Brazil. I was the only one in my high school class with the cable where it aired. I remember recording the episode on a VHS that would move from classmate to classmate all over the week, and we would always discuss the clues and Easter eggs. As seasons went by, episodes became more broadly available, but since they arrived with a week's delay in Brazil, those of us who knew English would work on subtitles in the middle of the night to distribute to other people... I still dislike the final seasons of LOST, but I'll never have another TV experience like that.
-
How Are You feeling About the God of War TV Show Skipping the Greek Saga?
I gottta be honest, that's my biggest concern for the show... Sure, many new players jumped aboard the franchise with 2018's God of War. Still, the game has dozens of hours to tease Kratos' past and explain his complicated relationship with violence and revenge. Plus, the game was always sold as a sequel, from the start, so people who felt lost could get back to previous games. The series is aimed at a broader audience that doesn't play games. So it's a massive gamble to skip years of story. They might need some heavy-handed flashbacks, a lot of exposition, or, worse of all, change Kratos' origins. What do you think about it?
-
End of year movie release: What are you looking forward to?
That reminds me, I still need to watch the first FNAF movie...
-
If you had an influence over a movie executive ?
These are some great choices! I vouch for those!
-
If you had an influence over a movie executive ?
Do you mean Pacific Rim 2? (No, that sequel is not real...)
-
What's Your PERSONAL Game of the Year?
I see you're a man of taste!
-
What's Better About Absolute Batman Than The O.G. Batman?
I don't have a favorite. I guess it all depends on the storyline. What Absolute Batman does better, imo, is aura farming. Plenty of times, the story makes little sense, but, damn, I want to see Batman riding a giant crocodile monster!
-
If you had an influence over a movie executive ?
One more for The Rocketeer! I absolutely love that movie, it has so much franchise potential!
-
What's Your PERSONAL Game of the Year?
Hades 2 deserves the prize... But I spent a shameful amount of hours in Elden Ring: Nightreign. It's flawed in many aspects, but it's so addictive that it led me through too many half-slept nights.
-
Should Stranger Things have released weekly or do you prefer the batched model?
This is exactly how I feel... I want to engage with media on my own terms, not feel pressured to binge-watch everything as fast as I can (I know, I'm in the wrong business 😄). However, I guess that's also why Netflix prefers a binging approach, as their TV shows and movies have that nasty "second screen content" mandate, and with weekly episodes, it would be easier for everyone to notice how flawed they are.
-
Comics, Games, and Other Things You Want to See Adapted into a Movie
The Slaughterverse has so much potential! The lore is fantastic, and the world is vast enough for multiple miniseries and spinoffs.
-
A Defunct 1990s Game Franchise You Want Rebooted for Current Gen Consoles?
Legacy of Kain is a franchise that I feel has a lot of potential to be revived.
-
what was THAT classic SNES or n64 game 🎮 you had to have for Christmas?? (and played nonstop the entire break)
My first console was a Game Boy Color with Pokémon Gold... I poured thousands of hours into that bad boy.
-
The Nice House on the Lake Is a Must Read
While I would love an HBO adaptation, I would prefer it happens in a few years, once the series is wrapped or nearly wrapped in comic books... I don't want HBO going off script with this story. It's just too precious!