Everything posted by Marco Vito Oddo
-
Which Comic Book Character Deserves a Redemption Arc on Screen?
Hopefully, our boys, the Green Lantern,s will have a redemption arc next year after that awful movie attempt.
-
Congrats to Our Weekly Giveaway Winner for Week 3: FrankCastle1969!
Welcome home, Frank!
-
Pluribus, the new TV show from Breaking Bad creator, is out now! Have you seen it?
Hey everyone! Apple TV released the first two episodes of Pluribus today. As you can tell from my review, I loved it. However, I'm curious to learn what everyone thinks of it. Is the slow-burn working for you? Did you like the sci-fi concept? Share your first impressions! https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/review/pluribus-review-breaking-bads-creators-new-series-is-an-essential-slow-burning-sci-fi-drama/
-
Narnia
In Great Gerwig we trust. Whatever she wants to do with the franchise, I trust her to make it interesting. Netflix has many flaws, but when it comes to big-shot filmmakers, they seem to give them a lot of creative freedom. For better or worse, as we've seen with Rebel Moon.
-
Delighted
Welcome! There are a lot of friendly people around!
-
Predator: Badlands - See it in the theater!
I really did! It's the perfect movie to catch in theaters. The action is just as good as Killer of Killers, but adapted to live-action. They are getting really creative with Predator movies, and I'm all in for it.
-
What Graphic Novels or Series Could You Read Over and Over Again?
Grant Morrison's Animal Man is something that gets even better when you read it a second time, because you start to notice the seeds he had planted in the first issues.
-
Congrats to Our Weekly Giveaway Winner for Week 2: Nate1016!
Congratulations, Nate!
-
Two Comics Enter, One Comic Leaves
Batman: The Long Halloween for me! Year One is great, but the way The Long Halloween uses Batman's rogue gallery is amazing! My turn: Grant Morrison's X-Men vs. Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol
-
IT: Welcome to Derry (Episode 1) | What Did You All Think of It?
That's exactly the issue I have with the second movie... By going bigger on CGI and spectacle, it morphed from scary to unintentionally funny... The show is much better in the quieter moments.
-
Who Should Lead the Avengers in the Next Era?
It's a shame because there is a good movie buried in there. But they went back and forth so much that you can actually see how they were afraid to commit to any meaningful story... Sam deserved a lot better.
-
IT: Welcome to Derry (Episode 1) | What Did You All Think of It?
*** WARNING! SPOILERS BELOW! *** *** WARNING! SPOILERS BELOW! *** Well, if you are still around, you have probably seen the episode, or just don't care about spoilers. What did you think of the series' premiere? I'm curious to see how everyone felt about it. On my part, as I said in my review, it feels more like the second movie than the first, and IMO that's not a good thing.
-
The Future of Star Wars Movies - And The Hunt for Ben Solo
On that note, I think Lucasfilm needs to understand how to keep each project in its lane. I absolutely love The Mandalorian Season 1, but I feel the show only got worse with time because they decided it should be connected to animated projects, and Ahsoka, and The Book of Boba Fett... Meanwhile, Andor did its own thing without worrying about setting up other projects, and it was utterly amazing! I want quality TV and movies, and I don't care if they are sequels or spinoffs. However, I think that each project should be willing to tell a good story, which seems somewhat secondary to franchise-building in Star Wars over the past years.
-
What did you think of Black Phone 2?
I look forward to reading your thoughts!
-
Who Should Lead the Avengers in the Next Era?
This is the only right answer!
-
A Movie That Genuinely Messed You Up As a Kid
A couple of years ago, I was talking with my girlfriend about how I watched Sleepy Hollow in theaters, alone. It was the first horror movie I saw in theaters. She did the math and pointed out I was 10 years old when the film premiered in Brazil (where I grew up)... How the heck was I even allowed into the theater, alone, to watch a horror movie with so many decapitations?
-
Crashbancot 1 is fun would love to buy it off of playstion 4 and play
The entire Crash franchise is great! But, to be honest, gameplay on the original trilogy is a bit stiff for modern standards. I would highly recommend getting Crash Bandicoot 4 instead.
-
Congrats to Our First Weekly Giveaway Winner: FantasicJerome!
Nice one, FantasticJerome!
-
Which original Avenger do you most want to see return in Avengers: Doomsday?
Black Window. She was done dirty TWICE in a row, so she deserves a better farewell
-
Most Important Romance in Marvel Comics?
I see you are a man of taste as well...
-
A Cancelled Video Game You Still Think About… 🎮😢
That was indeed quite sad. I second this choice. But I will forever be devastated that Kojima's Silent Hills will never be made.
-
What Would Your Secret Wars Moment Be?
Honestly, I think trying to match those moments might be the Doom (!) of the movie. Those moments worked not only because they are great scenes, but because of what they represented in the context of the movie's release. I would very much prefer Doomsday to focus more on character and have a strong story than bet all its chips in some crowd-pleasing moments. But who am I kidding? This movie will be 70% fan service...
-
Which ‘80s Movie Would You Most Like to See Get a Legacy Sequel?
Yes, please! I'm still baffled that a franchise so revolutionary as Nightmare on Elm Street gets treated so badly in Hollywood.
-
What Comics Character Has the MCU Done The Best Job Adapting?
I agree. Even though the script for the Luke Cage series wasn't stellar, Mike Colter's Luke is awesome! (Btw, I see you left Iron Fist out of this list... I still think the actor is not too much at fault, and the mistake was trying to follow The CW's Arrow)
-
What did you think of Black Phone 2?
Now that the movie is online, I would love to hear your thoughts on it. I published a thorough review on ComicBook, but I think the thing I want to underline the most is how the first half is definitely stronger. I liked it, I think it's a good sequel, but at some points the movie was visibly struggling with tone and pacing.