Everything posted by Marco Vito Oddo
-
Are you going to see Avatar 3 four times for the Avengers: Doomsday trailers?
I pay a monthly fee to watch as many movies as I want in theaters, so I can go four times without any extra cost. But even if they use the same strategy here in France, I don't feel like doing the trip to the movie theater just for a trailer... And I doubt I would watch Avatar more than once anyway.
-
What Game Have You Replayed The Most / Put The Most Hours Into?
Slay the Spire was a huge time sink for me, too! Such a wonderful game!
-
How are you feeling about Joker in Absolute Batman #15?
I guess by now everyone has gotten the time to take a look at the new Absolute Batman. I really like how Snyder is doubling down on horror, but I still don't know for sure where he's taking this series... I felt the Bane arc was a bit scattered, and Absolute Batman is lagging behind Super, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter imo.
-
Does Lobo Deserve His Own DCU Project?
Also, it depends on the writing... If someone I trust has a good Lobo solo idea, I'm all in! But giving him a solo project just because he's popular is the recipe for failure.
-
The Game Awards - Thoughts & Reactions
I need to stop postponing playing Expedition 33...
-
Supergirl Trailer Reaction - What Did Everybody Think?
This. Also, I'm not a fan of the Krem redesign... I can understand the reasoning, but the execution seems flawed. Hopefully, that changes when we see some acting.
-
What’s been your favorite new TV show of 2025?
Definitely put it on the top of your watchlist, @Allison Schonter . It's such a unique show!
-
What do you think is going to be the next Stranger Things?
And it's even a Netflix show now 🤣
-
What’s been your favorite new TV show of 2025?
Since @MattAguilarCB already mentioned Mighty Nein, let me just drop Pluribus here.
-
We Need The Hunt For Ben Solo
I was devastated by the news too! I'm 100% with @ChrisA90 , that decision makes zero sense.
-
What Game Have You Replayed The Most / Put The Most Hours Into?
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. My cartridge didn't save, so every time I turned off my Nintendo 64, I had to restart the game from scratch. I became a speedrunner in that game, memorizing the best path to collect everything... I finished that game 100% multiple times, so I can't even begin to imagine how many hours I poured into it.
-
It's Game Awards week. What do you hope gets revealed?
Yoshi and the Mysterious Book is already on the way (and I'm absolutely hyped for it!)
-
Zootopia keeps killing at the box office; what did you think of it?
Since they have a cliffhanger post-credit scene, I think they already have the third one in pre-production
-
Which Games Do You Want To Finish Before 2026?
I'm loving it, but it can be time-consuming if you are like me and obsessed with finding out every secret the game has to offer. The main reason why I haven't started Expedition 33 yet...
-
Zootopia keeps killing at the box office; what did you think of it?
I enjoyed the movie very much (as you can tell from my review), but I'm not seeing too much online discourse about it... Which is weird, considering it's on its path to cross the billion mark soon. So, have you seen it? What are your thoughts on this sequel?
-
The Nice House on the Lake Is a Must Read
Let me know if/when you read it! I would love to know what you think of it.
-
Which Games Do You Want To Finish Before 2026?
I still haven't finished Silksong... And unfortunately, I don't know if I'll have the time. There's just too much to play/read/watch every week, and not enough time.
-
Warner Bros. Deal: Netflix or Paramount?
I'm absolutely enraged Netflix is probably getting Warner because it will kill theatrical culture... But I still favor them over Paramount and its crybaby billionaire owner with sketchy political views and a troublesome willingness to force everyone who works for him to follow a political agenda. Netflix, at least it's free for all. You'll get LGBTQ+ productions and right-wing comedy specials getting funded by the company.
-
It's Game Awards week. What do you hope gets revealed?
I need a new single-player FromSoft game... Nintendo probably won't reveal anything at the Game Awards, but I would also like a new 3D Mario game.
-
Physical vs Digital: What Do You All Prefer for Your Collections?
I was a physical collector all the way, until I had to move from one continent to another... That process led me to sell some books and comic books and store others. However, I moved between continents for work or family reasons five (!) times in the span of seven years. The hassle of dealing with physical goodies all the time made me a full digital convert, just like @MAG . I've been living in the same place for a few years now, and I don't see any major change in the future, so I'm allowing myself to grab a couple of physical books of things I really enjoy (like The Nice House on the Lake hardcover, and Luana Velcchio's Lovesick). But these are the exception.
-
Something Is Killing the Children #45 (What did uou think of it?)
They already have several trades out! And a couple compendia, too. It's my favorite ongoing series, I highly recommend it.
-
Could it be worth bringing the Snyderverse back?
Adding my voice to the crowd, and no... It would be a waste of resources. Honestly, if Snyder was willing to do a couple of animated movies (or comic books) to wrap the story, that could be fun. But this obsession with bringing all the live-action cast back or nothing, is tiresome. I don't want Ezra Miller back, Ray Fisher would never return, and it's insane to think Ben Affleck would go through the intense physical prep needed for Batman again after everything that happened. It's just not worth it.
-
The Nice House on the Lake Is a Must Read
Nowadays I'm mostly a digital-only reader... This is one of the few books I had to have in physical. It's so good!
-
Netflix Is Buying Warner Bros. Discovery (and DC Studios)... Thoughts?
I have just worked on the news article detailing the deal and outlining the next steps. Now, I'm here to rant... Is anyone excited about every DC movie including long exposition dialogues and redundant scenes for the sake of second-screen content? I could never have predicted that I would one day be sad that Comcast lost a bidding war.
-
Something Is Killing the Children #45 (What did uou think of it?)
I finally found the time last evening to catch up with the latest SIKTC issue. I'm really enjoying this current arc and how we get to see more of Jessica and her self-destructive behaviour. Still, it's been agonizing to follow it issue by issue. I started the Slaughterverse once it was a success already, so I had dozens of issues to binge-read for a few weeks until I became a one-per-month reader. Highlight for that final page with the chainsaw. Beautiful artwork!