Everything posted by Marco Vito Oddo
-
Which comic book villain could carry a solo movie?
I think with a good story, any villain can hold a solo movie. But there are a handful that already have great backstories to explore. One that I haven't seen mentioned here so far is Sinestro. His fall from grace and the rise of the Yellow Lanterns could be a great space opera. Oh, and Brainiac, depending on how they tackle it, could also be a good choice. The fifth season of Harley Quinn even has an episode dedicated to his backstory. That show is a comedy, and it still managed to make a good Brainiac-focused episode, so using the same concept in a serious movie would be amazing!
-
Stranger Things Season 5 Volume 1 - What Did You Think?
I just woke up to see the whole Netflix crash drama... That's wild! I was fortunate to see the episodes before the release, and as I mentioned in the review, the first episode is among my favorites in the entire series. The rest is more of the same, for better or worse.
-
what was THAT classic SNES or n64 game 🎮 you had to have for Christmas?? (and played nonstop the entire break)
I once convinced my entire family to pitch in a copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day... They didn't know any English and just saw a cute squirrel in the cover... Two days later, I, a young teenager, was having to explain why the sunflower had huge boobies.
-
IT: Welcome to Derry Finally Brings Back Pennywise
I agree with you. There's no good story reason for Pennywise to hide its clown identity for so long. The whole concept is that IT is a shapeshifter who, for some mysterious reason, loves being a clown... So why hold back? It's definitely a matter of production pains, and it's quite obvious.
-
Which show is going to replace Stranger Things as the face of streaming?
I 100% agree with this take. It's a matter of perfect release timing, current zeitgeist, organic viralization... Instead of chasing the next Stranger Things, streamers should just focus on making good shows. Sooner or later, they might cross all items on the checklist.
-
Sadie Sink's MCU Character
What is Madame Web? I think you are mistaken... That movie never existed 😄
-
After The Running Man, What Stephen King Reboot Should Be Next?
YES! I support this!
-
End of year movie release: What are you looking forward to?
Yes! To be fair, I wasn't a fan of the first Avatar and only went to see The Way of Water because I had to write about it for work... And I left the screening completely shocked that the movie was that good. I'm excited about Fire and Ash.
- Sadie Sink's MCU Character
-
Who Are The Superheroes That First Got You Into Comics?
My first comic books were from Spider-Man and Spawn (my aunt would later regret buying me something with demons and gore, but she didn't know any better, thankfully). Spider-Man led me to the Marvel rabbit hole, while Spawn reinforced my love for all things horror.
-
Magician’s Nephew
I agree. If it's well done, I don't really care about who voices Aslan.
-
The Nice House on the Lake Is a Must Read
I would safely move it closer to the top of your list. It's probably the best thing I've read this year.
-
Switch 2 On Budget
Switch 2 is way more powerful, so games run visibly better. I've played Breath of the Wild on Switch 2 and had zero framerate drops. So, great games are even better because they no longer have performance issues, which is nice. The increased power of the Switch 2 also allows for more ambitious games. Donkey Kong Bananza is basically a voxel game, and you can destroy every fragment of terrain. The processing power needed to calculate the position, effects, and even the mere existence of so many entities at the same time just didn't exist in the Switch 1. So, even if you don't care much about framerates and visuals, the Switch 2 gives developers more tools to play around with. That will also lead to a new batch of ports to the Switch 2, as bigger developers can now be comfortable that the system will run their games smoothly, so that gives Switch owners access to more third-party games. Now there's also an integrated voice system to chat with friends, in case you like to play online. All that said, unless you are a fan of Nintendo IPs, the GabeCube (aka Steam Machine) is now the best option for a future aquisition (depending on the price, of course).
-
Who Picked Up Batman/Deadpool #1 Today? Which Covers Did You Grab?
I'm in France, so we are missing all these cool covers for now. But hopeffuly some of them will cross the ocean.
-
The Nice House on the Lake Is a Must Read
It took me a while to sit down and start this series, but once I did, I couldn't put it down until I devoured all 12 issues. It's one of the best series I've read in the past decade. How do you feel about it?
-
Global Comix
Yeah, GlobalComix is becoming a great hub for comic book readers. The Marvel and DC exclusive services don't have day-one release anyway, so it's nice there's a platform with a bit of everything (and tons of great indies!).
-
End of year movie release: What are you looking forward to?
Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair won't be available here in France 🙃
-
Congrats to Our Weekly Giveaway Winner for Week 4: JoanPault
Congrats, JoanPault!
-
Switch 2 On Budget
DK Bananza is what sold me on the Switch 2, and after 100% the game, I have zero regrets.
-
Remastered classic ps2 games
Damn, I spend too many hours with Def Jam... I guess due to all the actors involved, a remaster would require new image rights contracts. I'm not sure Sony would pay too much to make the remake viable.
-
SNES question of the week ❓... Which Donkey Kong is the best? 1, 2, or 3??
I absolutely love the "open world" of Donkey Kong 3, and figuring out the secret world as a child was a magical moment. DK2 is the best game, but DK3 makes me more nostalgic.
-
The Super Mario Galaxy Movie Trailer Is Upon us! Are You Excited?
Oh, and Brie Larson is the perfect voice cast!
-
The Super Mario Galaxy Movie Trailer Is Upon us! Are You Excited?
Of course, Rosalina had to be in the first trailer, given the movie title. We also guessed Bowser Jr. would be in the movie due to the product packaging leak earlier this week... But I was not expecting Mario Odyssey references! Seeing the Sand Kingdom got me genuinely excited! Also, kudos for the fighting sequence with Rosalina. This franchise is more interesting when the princesses kick ass. https://comicbook.com/movies/news/the-super-mario-galaxy-movie-trailer-launches-the-franchise-into-space-and-adds-marvel-star/
-
Predator: Badlands - See it in the theater!
I love being proved wrong! The PG-13 rating had me frowning, but the movie is actually brutal! It's not horror, but they embrace action, sci-fi, and adventure to create something fresh.
-
"Run Lola Run"
Streaming came with the promise of making it easier to watch any movie... But even though the technology is there, you can't find some titles anywhere.