Everything posted by Nicole Drum
-
If Avengers: Doomsday & Secret Wars Disappoint, Are You Still Giving MCU Phase 7 A Chance???
Endgame is actually where Marvel started to lose me. That isn't to say I didn't like it -- I did. I just felt like that movie made it very obvious that they had sort of put things together in a way where they were painting themselves into a corner and I haven't really seen any reason yet to think I'm wrong.
-
If Avengers: Doomsday & Secret Wars Disappoint, Are You Still Giving MCU Phase 7 A Chance???
I would love if they did more solid solo stories, honestly. I feel like most of the movies and things are just too crowded now.
-
Most Annoying TV Show Cancellation That Ended on a Cliffhanger
While I did not love I Am Not Okay With This, I was also annoyed enough by it being cancelled that I rage quit Netflix TV shows.
-
Most Important Romance in Marvel Comics?
So, for no reason whatsoever I've been thinking about the romances in Marvel Comics and wondered... which one do you think is the most important? I will die on the hill that it's Emma Frost and Scott Summers.
-
Who's your favorite Robin?
TIM DRAKE. TIM DRAKE. TIM DRAKE.
-
What DC Storylines Get More Hate Than They Deserve?
I never hated Flashpoint. It was fine. I also didn't entirely hate New 52. I did, however, hate the atrocity that was Bat/Cat which I'm not sure counts for discussion here, I just needed to say that.
-
New Comic Book Day (9/3/25)
My favorite release this week was White House Robot Romance. And I say this as someone who also loved the crap out Fraction's Batman #1.
-
Absolute Batman this, Absolute Batman that...
@MattAguilarCB Dark Patterns is so so so so good and you KNOW how picky I am.
-
Most Annoying TV Show Cancellation That Ended on a Cliffhanger
I'm with you, @MattAguilarCB I'm not a big fan of the "choose your own adventure" ending. End the story or don't, man. Just give me something definitive.
-
Will Lex Luthor Be an Ally in Man of Tomorrow?
I think that while we're getting the Man of Tomorrow as the teased angle, it's not something we're going to see bloom until more the end of the movie and if that is the case, I think it could work. I'm just gonna trust it'll be okay. I'm finally excited about DC movies and I'm not letting that go easy.
-
Top 3 Horror Movies of the 2020s
Oh man. How did I forget about Nosferatu? That movie was my whole personality over the holidays.
-
Top 3 Horror Movies of the 2020s
If it makes you feel any better, my brain refuses to consider Sinners horror for some reason. It's just an incredible movie.
-
Most Annoying TV Show Cancellation That Ended on a Cliffhanger
I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY PERSON WHO WATCHED THIS SHOW I remain angry that this show ended the way it did.
-
Hickman's Ultimate Spider-Man is only getting worse over time. Am I wrong?
I don't think you're wrong at all, but then again, I don't really care for Hickman generally so I know I have a bias.
-
Top 3 Horror Movies of the 2020s
Prey Malignant The Substance It's a good time to be a horror fan, truly.
-
If Avengers: Doomsday & Secret Wars Disappoint, Are You Still Giving MCU Phase 7 A Chance???
I will probably continue to watch whatever the MCU puts out, but I have to be honest and say that my heart isn't in it anymore and if they fumble these next big ones, it might turn into a "we'll watch this on home release" thing for me if they don't take the biggest of pauses and try to figure out a clean, better way forward.
-
How Did Bendis Fumble the Bag with the Legion of Super-Heroes?
I'm just gonna be honest: I'm not a Bendis fan.
-
What is the funniest retcon in comics?
This one legit makes me angry.
-
What is your favorite current (or at least within the last 5 years) non-superhero comic book?
I read that as "The Little Mermaid" for a split second and was very confused, Kofi.
-
Is 'The Dark Knight Rises' Good?
Exactly this. It's a solid trio of movies, start to stop.
-
Will George R.R. Martin ever finish A Song of Ice and Fire?
If I end up being right about this, I am going to be insufferable. But yes, his stance of not wanting anyone to finish them is really what leads me to believe there is a finished draft somewhere. Maybe not the "perfect" one he wants, but a finished one.
-
What is your favorite current (or at least within the last 5 years) non-superhero comic book?
Superhero comics are obviously awesome, but what's your favorite current (or reasonably current) non-superhero comic book?
-
Will George R.R. Martin ever finish A Song of Ice and Fire?
I've lowkey had this personal theory that dude has the whole thing finished in a drawer somewhere but keeps tinkering with it, but more realistically I think he's probably either written himself into a corner or gotten bored with it and he's also spread himself really thin with other projects so he's just stuck. Honestly, I don't think we'll ever get the ending or if we do, it won't be a complete ending the way we hope.
-
Is 'The Dark Knight Rises' Good?
I'm a huge huge huge fan of the Nolan Trilogy and even in retrospect, I don't hate this movie. I still think it was the weakest of the three but I hardly think it's bad. For me the timeline is still a bit much and I feel like they threw a little too much into this to wrap things up, but there are some great moments. It just didn't feel as well-constructed to me as The Dark Knight.
-
#NCBD 8/10/205
I had entirely forgotten about Escape until yesterday so I need to check that out, too. But yeah, The Seasons was such a pleasant surprise.