Everything posted by Nicole Drum
-
Congrats to Our Weekly Giveaway Winner for Week 5: ComicBob
Congrats!
-
The problem with Jon Kent, Superman, Jr.
Aging up Jon Kent was the worst thing DC could have done to that character, in my opinion. I feel like they just speed-ran through character development there and I haven't been able to feel any investment in him.
-
7 Sci-fi books that haven't been turned into Movies or TV
Hi there! I actually wrote this article! There were so many books I could have put on the list -- there are a lot of great sci-fi books out there. I think part of the reason why this one actually hasn't been adapted for screen despite having a pretty interesting premise is two-fold: it's extremely short and it is extremely detailed, but the details don't necessarily lend themselves to a straightforward live-action adaptation without some significant deviations from the main story. One of the things that Klein does really well with The Day Before Tomorrow is that he puts a lot of things on the page for the reader, but in doing so... there's a lot on the page which makes it much trickier to properly adapt and remain faithful to the story.
-
Action Comics #1 Just Broke Another Record - What's YOUR Most Valuable Comic?
I have never had any of my comics graded. To be honest, I kind of think it is silly and defeats the purpose of having comics for me (I like being able to enjoy mine not just look at them all locked up in a case.) I have so many comics that I honestly don't really know what I have, save for a few really weird old ones that probably have value and some day I'll be responsible and catalog them all for basic insurance purposes. That said, my parents were later in life parents and my dad was the younger kid around older kids in the 40s and 50s so I got the comics that were given to him when he was little. There are a few in there that are worth a couple of thousand even in well-loved condition. Dad swears there's a "really valuable old Superman" somewhere in his stuff so who knows what we will eventually come across in the attic.
-
Sadie Sink's MCU Character
I honestly just assumed she was Mayday from the start. To be honest, I don't feel like the MCU is doing all that much that is surprising anymore. They're trying to do too much rather than simply tell a good story.
-
Who Picked Up Batman/Deadpool #1 Today? Which Covers Did You Grab?
I'm probably going to skip getting a physical copy of this one. I just can't seem to bring myself to be excited about it.
-
Which show is going to replace Stranger Things as the face of streaming?
I think the Harry Potter series will be a hot one simply because of so much controversy/backlash, though I don't know how sustainable that angry bubble will be.
-
Which show is going to replace Stranger Things as the face of streaming?
I'm not so sure it will be Wednesday. I know with Season 1, that movie was all over my feed on just about every social media platform and then with Season 2 I barely heard or saw anything and the things I did see weren't complimentary of it. Honestly, I don't know know it will be a current show that slides into that spot Stranger Things leaves behind. Part of me wonders if it will be something new we haven't thought too much about yet, though I'd put money on Fallout in terms of the current shows.
-
End of year movie release: What are you looking forward to?
Wicked: For Good. I've been looking forward to this since last year. It is, thus far, the only movie on my "must watch" docket for this end of year time period. I might end up going to Zootopia with the kiddo, but that's a big if since he's still kind of obsessed with watching Superman on streaming.
-
The worst way a character was written out (because the actor left)
I keep coming back to Karev in Grey's. Or, honestly, almost any character in Grey's since that show is really weird with how it gets rid of people, but Karev still makes me mad.
-
The Nice House on the Lake Is a Must Read
Somehow, I still have not managed to get to this one on my ridiculously deep TBR pile but it is in there, somewhere! I've heard very good things.
-
Do We Really Need Another Sharknado Movie?
It's so bad and yet I watch ALL OF THEM happily.
-
Do We Really Need Another Sharknado Movie?
Ben, when I tell you the "last" movie is insane and bananas I am way underselling it. They create an entire alternative universe. It's the most bonkers thing I have ever willingly watched.
-
Do We Really Need Another Sharknado Movie?
So. There's going to be a new Sharknado movie, a prequel from what it sounds like. Do we really need one? And how exactly will this work after the way the "last" one ended?
-
Congrats to Our Weekly Giveaway Winner for Week 3: FrankCastle1969!
Congrats!
-
Predator: Badlands - See it in the theater!
Just was talking to the partner about making it a point to have a theater date to see this one this weekend, actually. Never skip a Predator movie around here.
-
DC Comic Superhero or Villian
I can't help but second Larfleeze.
-
A LEGO Set That Doesn't Exist - But Should...
As a Swiftie, I would kill for a Lover house set. I realize that's not especially nerdy but I need it.
-
Congrats to Our Weekly Giveaway Winner for Week 2: Nate1016!
Congrats!
-
Tha Great Pumpkin
I personally feel like it's a cultural crime that these beloved holiday specials have been removed to streaming.
-
What Do You Think of Image’s “Geiger” Universe and Is the TV Series Still Happening?
Junkyard Joe might be one of my favorite comics in a long time, honestly and I really like the Geiger book too. I haven't heard much more about the tv series. I wonder if it's stuck in development hell.
-
If you could experience one movie all over again for the first time…
I think I'd probably want to see The Dark Knight for the first time all over again, but only so I could see it for the first time with my best friend who I did not know at the time and turns out we are both completely obsessed with that movie.
-
If you could live any superhero or villain’s life, who would you choose?
I'm going with Emma Frost just because I really like her as a character overall. I also just generally like how her hair is drawn and wish I had cool hair.
-
Congrats to Our First Weekly Giveaway Winner: FantasicJerome!
Congrats, Jerome! (Totally agree with you about Geiger, btw.)
-
If you could read any comic again for the first time, what would it be?
While re-reading a favorite comic is great, there are just times I wish I could go back and read something for the first time all over again. For me, I think that might be Marvels.