Everything posted by Nicole Drum
-
A Movie That Genuinely Messed You Up As a Kid
There's a really weird version of Alice in Wonderland that I think may be Swedish (I'm not entirely sure, I was a kid) but I distinctly remember watching it when I was like, six or seven and the Jabberwocky gave me nightmares for MONTHS. I absolutely loved it... and was terrified in equal measure.
-
CW Gotham Knights, a show which deserves better
I will eternally die on the hill that Gotham Knights really deserved more. The series took some significant risks and did some things that we haven't really seen other Batman-related shows and media do. It took some time to get its footing, but once it did was solid. Definitely deserved more. Unfortunately, it's not something that can be "saved" just because of the amount of time that's passed, contracts, etc. We can only hope that the idea will be revisited at some point in the future -- and that people continue to watch the one season that's available because it's good.
-
What was the very first comic book you ever read and what is the current comic book that your currently reading
Mine was one of my dad's Action Comics from the late 40s/early 50s. I don't remember the exact issue, but I remember it being cool and life-changing. Current reads are numerous, but I'm very into Free Planet, Matt Fraction's Batman, and any of the Absolute books from DC.
-
What was your favourite high school memory that you can remember when you were in high school?
Mine involves an archery mishap that is now on the list of "things Nicole is not allowed to do".
-
A movie plot hole that keeps you up at night… 🤷
Not exactly a plot hole, but the time travel in Endgame takes up way more of my mental processing on a regular basis than I like to admit.
-
Which childhood toy/collectible do you wish you hadn’t lost or sold?
Somehow, I actually have all of my childhood toys and collectibles. My mom owned an antiques business and was very good at storing and preserving things and because I worked for her as a kid (paid in snacks and book money, I'm sure) I started learning that people held onto things and they sometimes were valuable. There's an entire corner of my dad's basement right now that is pretty much nothing but my collectibles from childhood and my childhood bedroom still has all of my Star Wars and Jurassic Park figures in their boxes up along the wall as decor. I'm pretty sure we even still have all of my old game systems and now I know what I'm going to be doing at my dad's house over the holidays: looking for them.
-
Show off your comic collection!
Mine isn't even in one location. I have all of my trades on a shelf, then magazine files of floppies I reference regularly, and then an entire antique dresser with the drawers full. It's chaos.
-
Does Xbox Game Pass' Price Increase Change Your Feelings About Xbox?
As someone how is currently in the process of getting new gaming systems/upgrading things and therefore is looking at things like this I feel like $30 has value as long as they don't raise game prices. The price increase itself isn't enough to deter me, but if they come down the line in a couple of months and somehow still raise prices I'll be annoyed (and that would definitely feel like a bad move that would make me rethink Xbox across the board.)
-
AVENGERS SECRET WARS: What Does The Film Have to Do to Top Endgame?
I hold the unpopular opinion that Endgame was just okay so I'm honestly not looking for Secret Wars to really challenge anything. As it is, I'm more worried that they're going to try to do too much. We will probably see much of what you suggest and that just seems like a lot.
-
Peacemaker S2 E6 Discussion
Gunn has actually said it wasn't the comics that inspired this, but The Man in The High Castle (novel, not tv show) so while the comics definitely ties nicely, it sounds like he had a much broader vision for it which is always very cool to see.
-
New Comic Book Day Discussion (9/24/25)
It's good!
-
Peacemaker S2 E6 Discussion
I'm still just excited that we were right about that theory.
-
Marvel's Wolverine - Gameplay Trailer is Here!
I know nothing about this, but I will say the trailer got great reactions from other members of my household.
-
Mando trailer
Babu Frik(s), Grogu gettin' snacks, a little bit of semi-goofy feeling from the whole thing? I"m so here for this. I need this fun and this joy and I refuse to be cynical about it.
-
Change the Fate of a TV Character
Laurel Lance on Arrow. That show did her dirty from the start. I am still angry about how the character was treated overall to the point it kind of tarnishes the whole series for me.
-
Is Anyone Still Hyped (Keyword: HYPED) for The Batman Part 2???
I think I might be the only person really just not interested in the Court of Owls.
-
Is Anyone Still Hyped (Keyword: HYPED) for The Batman Part 2???
Honestly? I'm not really that interested in Part 2 anymore. I definitely think that it has been too long (so much so that I feel like I have to go back and watch the first one and I don't want the "homework" aspect of thing) but more than that, I just feel like the general vibe of DC is going in a different direction now. I'll probably still see it, but it won't be a priority for me.
-
What Classic TV Show From Your Childhood Would You Bring Back for 1 More Season?
ThunderCats. 10000000% ThunderCats.
-
What Comics Character Has the MCU Done The Best Job Adapting?
They do do a very good job with Jessica Jones, that's true.
-
What Comics Character Has the MCU Done The Best Job Adapting?
I genuinely dislike comics Iron Man/Tony Stark. I got to a point with the MCU where I was sick of RDJ's Tony, but those early appearances? Epic.
-
What Comics Character Has the MCU Done The Best Job Adapting?
I generally agree. I really like what they did with Thanos in the MCU -- he felt pretty accurate without being too much of a carbon copy, and was compelling and interesting in a way that lent itself to a lot of discussion (or at least in my case, getting yelled at online when I suggested that Thanos wasn't exactly wrong in concept, just in action.)
-
What Comics Character Has the MCU Done The Best Job Adapting?
We all know that the MCU is a bit loose with how they tend to adapt Marvel characters, but some are done better than others. Which character (or characters) do you think the MCU has done the best job of adapting?
-
Peacemaker S2 Episode 4 Discussion (Spoilers)
Especially after this week, I'm just over here waiting to see how wild the emotional devastation we're going to be put through by the end of this season because the Harcourt stuff has me already hurting in advance.
-
Best Reveal From Today's Nintendo Direct?
I'm kind of into this Pokemon game situation and I'm not usually into that sort of thing.
-
How does The Expanse rank on the list of best sci-fi shows of the last decade?
This one is on my list but I keep hearing so many good things about it I might have to shuffle it higher on the watch list.