Everything posted by MattAguilarCB
-
What's your go-to show to binge-watch?
100% agree! It's crazy that there are only 12, and even crazier that almost every single one is hilarious. Mrs. Richards will forever be one of the best comedic foils of all time haha
-
Disney Plus' Power Rangers Reboot-You need MMPR
I know some get really annoyed by all of the MMPR, and I get it, but it's simply the biggest mainstream point the franchise has, so it's smarter to embrace it than swim upstream
-
Disney Plus' Power Rangers Reboot-You need MMPR
Thanks for the kind words!
-
Anyone Planning to Hit a Comic Con This Year?
It was actually the year that Saban announced Hasbro was buying the rights to Power Rangers, so it was awesome from that perspective, but also just seeing the booths and talking to all the companies and seeing what they were rolling out over the next year or two was really cool.
-
What New Games Are You Playing This January?
On the video game side, I'm curious about Arknights: Endfield and I Hate This Place. On the board game side, Apex Legends: The Board Game, Dixit Kids, and Winnie the Pooh: Serious Detective are all on my want list.
-
What New Games Are You Playing This January?
I've been thinking of starting up the RE remake myself, but wasn't sure if I'd start with that one or RE 2 remake.
-
What's your go-to show to binge-watch?
The Great British Bake Off always immediately calms me haha
-
Cancelled Game You Wish Could Be Made
At this point I feel like Beyond Good and Evil 2 is pretty much cancelled but they just haven't said it yet. The original game is one of my all time favorites, and it's a shame that the sequel has never come to fruition
-
Cancelled Game You Wish Could Be Made
That was crushing, that team was perfect for that game too
-
What's your go-to show to binge-watch?
The West Wing is one of my all-time favorite shows, and I tend to jump back in for a rewatch every few years. I've seen some episodes countless times, but they never get old. The same goes for Friends, and I'll also end up rewatching every episode of Fawlty Towers every so often as well.
-
What's your go-to show to binge-watch?
I'm a Friends fan for life, so many moments that I've seen a billion times but still make me laugh.
-
What's your go-to show to binge-watch?
Criminal Minds is so good!
-
What is your favorite board game?
If you're looking for something fun and easy to learn with a great LOTR theme, the Fellowship of the Ring Trick-Taking game might be perfect for you! https://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Fellowship-Ring-Trick-Taking/dp/B0DNNG7JCP There's a new one coming later this year that takes on the Two Towers as well
-
Do you prefer jumping into a series early or waiting until there’s a backlog?
I like to start things from the beginning, but I don't mind catching up. If it's a comic series, I tend to prefer reading it as they come out though as opposed to waiting for the trade.
-
Bones
The Thin Man is fantastic! Also really enjoyed Bones as well. That core group of characters were so fun to watch.
-
PS Plus Premium Classics predictions for January 14th 2026.
I'd love to see Rayman as well. Such a delightful franchise.
-
Which Video Game Console Is Your All-Time Favorite?
You know, I actually hurt myself when I played The Wii for the first time, though I managed not to break the TV so that was a worthy tradeoff.
-
Dave Filoni and Lynwen Brennan Reportedly Taking Over as Lucasfilm Co-Presidents
All it really takes is one Star Wars movie to turn some of the negative perception around, and as a big fan of Filoni's work in the franchise, I think he can absolutely do that. Mando and Grogu is sort of its own thing, so I won't judge it just based on that, though it is the Star Wars project I'm most excited for. There always has to be a balance. Not everything can or needs to be Andor, and not everything needs to be Ahsoka. I enjoy both, and hope they continue to maintain multiple tones and themes.
-
What is your favorite board game?
Takenoko! Such a fun game. I've never played Turing Machine but have wanted to try it out.
-
What is your favorite board game?
It's fun! It's more about accomplishing your objectives by utilizing the Sims than managing their actual lives like the video game, but I like how they weaved together the locations, the various jobs, and the player's needs (energy, fun, social, etc). Plus once you get the hang of it the game plays pretty quickly.
-
What is your favorite board game?
Nice! Not kidding, I think we have like 10 versions of it in our house. I bought Anisa Wednesday Monopoly and I want to get The Witcher Monopoly too
-
What is your favorite board game?
I have almost lost friendships to Risk, but it is still one of my favorite all-time games.
-
Anyone Planning to Hit a Comic Con This Year?
Would love to make it to a comic convention this year, though my big goal over the next few years is to go back to ToyFair. Such a cool experience but it was a while ago.
-
Gaming Goals for 2026?
hell yeah!
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Hi, welcome to the forum!