Everything posted by MattAguilarCB
-
What did you think of the new Mortal Kombat II trailer?
I dug the trailer quite a bit, but I will also admit there's some bias there, as one of my favorite characters in the entire franchise is Kitana, and she looks awesome! Also Karl Urban seems to have a real handle on Johnny Cage, and the rest of the action looked cool.
-
Can Sony really reboot its live-action Spider-Man movies without the MCU?
I agree that they need a central figure sort of leading the charge and keeping everything on track. I also agree though that having Spider-Man movies that don't actually connect to Spider-Man is just not an enticing concept. Even if he's not the central figure, you still have to factor him into the story in some way, otherwise it's all dead in the water.
-
What Movie or TV Show That You Saw as a Kid Still Haunts You?
Mine was actually the old Disney short Lambert the Sheepish Lion . When I was young that movie wrecked me!
-
What's Your Favorite Pokemon?
Snorlax and Squirtle for me! I admire a Pokemon who always sleeps
-
What movie do you think you've rewatched the most amount of times?
My most rewatched movie is probably White Christmas. I just adore that movie, plus it instantly puts me into the Christmas spirit.
-
State of Play Thoughts?
I was hyped to see MGS4 finally on a next-gen console, and will definitely be going back and replaying it when it hits. Castlevania: Belmont’s Curse looks fantastic, and while I didn't play the original Kena yet, I for sure will now that Kena: Scars of Kosmora is releasing. I'm actually quite hyped for a new Dead or Alive, and Windless and Rev. Noir could be really cool, but obviously need more details.
-
Who is your favorite DC or Marvel couple?
One of my all-time favorite couples that broke up is Cyclops and White Queen, and I love them far more than Cyclops and Jean Grey. Ultimate Spider-Man Peter and MJ are fantastic, and I also love Aquaman and Mera.
-
Dream Muppet Show Guest?
I'd love to see Ariana Grande. She's hilarious when she's on SNL, and you could also get some great performances. I also agree that Jason Segel would be fantastic. We just rewatched the Muppets movie, and it holds up so well!
-
Who do you guys wanna see next in Marvel Rivals?
We've had a string of really great additions to the game with Elsa Bloodstone, Deadpool, Gambit, and Rogue, and would love to see either more X-Men added to the mix or some Marvel Cosmic. Cyclops is my favorite X-Man, so I'm obviously pulling for him, but I'd also love to see Kitty Pryde, as her powerset would be really different than what's already in the game. On the cosmic side, I'd love to see Captain Marvel, Nova, or Darkhawk, as they all have fun powersets that could mix things up. If I had to pick, I'd have Cyclops as a Strategist, Captain Marvel as a Vanguard, and Nova as a Duelist. I have no clue what Kitty Pryde or Darkhawk would be but I just want them in the game!
-
Who do you guys wanna see next in Marvel Rivals?
If they add Cosmo I will lose my mind!!! That would be amazing
-
Will you watch Spider-Noir in color or black & white?
I'll probably watch the first episode in color and then switch to black and white and see if it makes that big of a difference.
-
It’s President’s Day in the US, so who’s your favorite fictional president or leader in TV/movies?
My favorite will always be Jed Bartlet in The West Wing. So many great scenes and lines in that show, and many of them are from President Bartlet.
-
What TV Show Do You Think Should Have Ended Long Before It Actually Did?
Can I throw some fire in here and say The Simpsons? I'm also glad that The Boys is ending with season 5, because that show could very easily go down the sticking around too long path.
-
What TV Show Do You Think Should Have Ended Long Before It Actually Did?
The show personally lost me with the drawn-out Negan brutality with Glenn. I still stuck around a bit, but when Andrew Lincoln left, that was officially it for me. Love the show though
-
Mid-month check in: What’s your favorite nerdy thing that you’ve watched/done/bought so far this February?
I just bought a new WWE Bianca Belair figure for the shelf, which I needed since my daughter took my other one off the shelf to play with, and then it ended up permanently in her room hahaha
-
Which comic character has the best costume design?
I think for DC, Nightwing and Flash are absolutely up there. Those costumes are sleek and just pop, and have become iconic. On the Marvel side, I think Wolverine blue and yellow shouldn't work, but absolutely does, and Spider-Man is hard to beat as well.
-
Spawn TV series??
As much as I would love to see a new Spawn project, and have really liked the ideas Todd has shared regarding the movie over the past few years, it has reached I'll believe it when I see it territory. I don't really like to do that, but there have been so many starts and stops on this, it's better to just put it out of my mind until it happens. That said, we're about to watch a MOTU movie for the first time in almost 40 years, so anything is possible!
-
Who would win in a fight?
This is fun! I'm in. 1. Batman, I simply always bet on Batman 2. Catwoman, the most elite of thieves 3. Superman takes the win, though it will be brutal 4. Wanda, as much as I love Raven, Wanda can go to some even darker places and score a victory 5. The Flash, I just feel he can do so much more than run fast, and the other two are more limited in their utilization of their powers than he is 6. Cyborg, just think he will find a way to neutralize that arm 7. Wonder Woman, I always bet on Wonder Woman 8. Man, I think Deadpool, only because he will somehow survive everything Deathstroke throws at him. 9. Green Arrow if we're talking Clint Barton, but if we're talking Kate Bishop, then Kate Bishop 10. Deadshot, The Punisher misses sometimes, Deadshot doesn't
-
Did Something Is Killing the Children hook you enough to keep reading?
Something Is Killing the Children is one of my favorite series of all time, and it absolutely gets better as you go. We're still getting meaningful revelations and character arcs 40 plus issues later.
-
What Iconic TV Show Do You Think Is Overrated?
Lot of Friends hate here!! Rude For me it's actually Seinfeld. I enjoy the show, but it gets held up as one of the best shows of all time, and for me it's just simply not.
-
What comic character do you think is consistently miswritten?
I feel like Red Hood and Huntress (one of my faves) are all over the place depending on which team is at the helm.
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
We gotta know, which Turtle is your favorite? For me it's Donatello for life!
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Welcome!
-
Do you still want to see Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4?
Personally, I'm good with calling that chapter closed. Wasn't a big fan of Raimi's vision for Strange either. love his first two Spider-Man movies though, some of the best.
-
When Should PS6 Come Out?
The sweet spot for me would probably be 2028. Gives a little bit more time to get the most out of the system, but not so far that we don't have a new era to look forward to.