Everything posted by MattAguilarCB
-
New Comic Book Day Preview And Discussion Thread (1/14/26)
Really enjoyed DC K.O. #3 this week, especially the Superman and Joker of it all. We're building to a major battle there, though anytime I get a Wonder Woman and Barda team-up, I am also not complaining. Enjoyed Knull #1 too, but as we talked about on the most recent episode of ComicBook Nation, this was mostly a setup book, and I'll be interested to see how the character of Knull develops in future issues (or if he develops)
-
New Comic Book Day Preview And Discussion Thread (1/14/26)
TMNT #14 ruled! The artwork in that book really kicks, and those final few pages had me all in the feels
-
What do you think of Star Trek: Starfleet Academy?
I enjoyed it way more than expected, and in fact, I might have finally found my Star Trek show! The main hook is compelling, and I'm loving the crew and supporting cast. I'm excited for the rest of the series!
-
Can a new Slayer live up to Buffy the Vampire Slayers legacy?
I really hope we get Faith in the mix. Such a great character
-
What movie or show announcement actually got you excited lately?
Tomb Raider! Super excited about the creative team and Sophie Turner in the lead role, and her first look only got me more hyped!
-
Kathleen Kennedy is out of Star Wars? How are we feeling?
Yeah I don't get that one either, though I think that was an Iger call right?
-
Can a new Slayer live up to Buffy the Vampire Slayers legacy?
I like the idea that the Buffy story from the previous series means something, and I also like the passing of the baton as it were. Buffy is still going to be an important part of the series, but she's just one part of a greater mythology, and I dig that we're having a bit of both.
-
What Do You Think of Sophie Turner's Tomb Raider First Look?
The first look at Sophie Turner as Tomb Raider's Lara Croft has finally arrived, and as a longtime fan of the franchise, I'm really happy. The look is straight-up classic Tomb Raider vibes, and I love that we even got the red-tinted glasses. With Phoebe Waller-Bridge at the helm and knowing Prime Video will put the money behind the project, I'm getting more hyped for this with every passing week. That's just me though, so what did you guys think of the first look?
-
Which 2020s movies are YOU rewatching the Most?
I end up liking that movie more and more each time I watch it
-
Which 2020s movies are YOU rewatching the Most?
Yesss! Great pick
-
Which Power Rangers Season Doesn't Get Enough Love?
I love Cosmic Fury! Amelia's one of my fave Rangers of all time actually
-
Which Power Rangers Season Doesn't Get Enough Love?
I will always have a special appreciation for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers since that is the season that first ignited my love of the franchise, but there are several other seasons that I adore. There's also one season that I don't feel gets enough love, and that's Power Rangers Mystic Force. It has one of the coolest mentor-style characters in Udonna, the Ranger suits look fantastic, and there's magic woven into all of the lore throughout the season, with ancient battles and everything epic you'd expect. Hopefully over time, this one gets more appreciated, but let me know which Power Rangers season you feel doesn't get enough appreciation!
-
What Do You Think Of Marvel Rivals' Deadpool Reveal?
Marvel Rivals finally revealed all of the details on Deadpool for season 6, and we're actually getting the first character who is all three roles in one! Excited to see if people drift towards Duelist, Vanguard, or Strategist more, and how different the character feels depending on which role you are leaning towards. I did like that we can only have one Deadpool per team, even with the multi-role approach. What did you think of the multi-role reveal and Deadpool's first Marvel Rivals gameplay?
-
What Recent Action Figure or Collectible Purchase Are You Most Hyped About?
That is awesome! I love all of the cool Polly Pocket homages I'm seeing lately. There's a Monster High version that me and my daughter keep seeing and almost buying
-
What Recent Action Figure or Collectible Purchase Are You Most Hyped About?
I'm a big action figure and collectibles person, and recently got two things I've been wanting for a while, so let me know which action figures or collectibles you recently received or purchased that you're most hyped about! For me, it's the Marvel Legends Cardiac figure and the Jubilee X-Men '97 Pop. I've been a Cardiac fan a long time and never thought I'd see the day we actually got an action figure, so to now have one is surreal. Also, I adore Jubile,e and my wife and daughter picked it up for me for Christmas, showing just how well they know me haha.
-
New Comic Book Day Preview And Discussion Thread (1/14/26)
Happy New Comic Book Day everyone! Lots of great comics this week, though a few of the big standouts include DC K.O. #3, The Ultimates #20, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #14, and Knull #1. Particularly curious to see what Al Ewing can do with Knull, as I loved Donny Cates' work on the character. Other single issue highlights include: Transformers #28 Aquaman #13 G.I. Joe #17 Supergirl #9 Green Lantern Corps #12 Dungeons of Doom #1 Beneath the Trees Where Nobody Sees: Rite of Spring #5 Wonder Woman: Black & Gold 2026 Special #1 Sai: Dimensional Rivals #1 DIE: Loaded #3 Tomb Raider: Sacred Artifacts #1 Alice Forever After #1 Where Does the Rainbow End #1 Trade and Hardcover Highlights: Poison Ivy Vol. 6: A Death in Marshview Absolute Death of Superman HC Justice League of America: The Nail - The Complete Deluxe Edition HC Secret Wars: Battleworld Omnibus Vol. 2 HC Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Pink Ranger TP
-
So What About Those Pokemon LEGO?
My daughter and I are just starting to build LEGO sets together, so I'm kind of looking at that Pikachu set and wondering haha. The new sets are pricey, but most sets tend to offer enough value to justify it.
-
What character interactions are you hoping to see in Avengers: Doomsday?
Doctor Strange and Moon Knight would be a great combo, and I'd love to see Yelena meet Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel. Even the Guardians meeting the New Avengerz would be fun.
-
Is Anyone Else Just Not Excited By the Doomsday Teasers?
The X-Men teaser got me absolutely hyped, and I enjoyed the Steve Rogers one, but the other two haven't done a lot for me.
-
Which 2020s movies are YOU rewatching the Most?
The 2020 films that come to mind so far that I've rewatched multiple times are Superman Inside Out 2 KPop Demon Hunters Barbie Wicked
-
What’s something fandom-related you’re looking forward to this week?
The fact that we're getting that match-up is so cool. Love how they've embraced other franchises with this event
-
What's your go-to show to binge-watch?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is an all-timer
-
GAME OF THE WEEK
You know, Bully is one of those blindspots for me in gaming. I never got around to playing it when it released, but have always been curious about how it played.
-
What’s something fandom-related you’re looking forward to this week?
For comics I'm really excited for DC K.O. #3. In games this week is the release of Dixit Kids, and we were big fans of Dixit Disney, so that's one we're also hyped to play as a family.
-
How do you decide when to stick with a series or drop it?
For shows I tend to at least give something 2 episodes to grab my interest. For comics I'll give it a few issues if the first book hook is really good. I rarely abandon things after one episode or issue, but it has happened.