Everything posted by MattAguilarCB
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Well that is certainly entry into the awesome grandma club!
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Welcome! What's your favorite character or comic series?
-
What is your favorite board game?
I'm going to go with my favorites of the past few months of 2025 (we play a lot of board games haha), and some of the ones that have been making it to the table frequently include: Wonky Unmatched: Witcher Star Wars: Deck Building Game The Sims Board Game Dodo Gloomies A good mix of genres, and the family has especially had a great time with Wonky and Dodo.
-
What is your favorite board game?
The D&D Horrified is really cool if you get a chance, and Disney Villainous Unstoppable is a more approachable version of Disney Villainous, so that could work too.
-
What is your favorite board game?
Really enjoy Betrayal at the House on the Hill, but yeah, completely understand. I find it's extremely difficult to get those 3 minimum player games to the table.
-
What is your favorite board game?
Horrified is awesome! Which version do you prefer? I really dug the D&D one that just came out
-
What Does G.I. Joe Need To Be A Monster Movie/TV Franchise?
Paramount is doing the Transformers/G.I. Joe movie
-
What Does G.I. Joe Need To Be A Monster Movie/TV Franchise?
100% agree on this. The comics have captured that zaniness while still doing lots of character work. The films should just take that formula and run with it.
-
What Does G.I. Joe Need To Be A Monster Movie/TV Franchise?
I think animation is really a perfect medium for G.I. Joe, just because you can go crazy with all the vehicles and sci-fi stuff, but i'm also excited for the live-action side too.
-
Which Video Game Console Is Your All-Time Favorite?
Other than Sega consoles, the only time I was ever not part of the PlayStation ecosystem was the 360 era. A truly great console
-
Which Video Game Console Is Your All-Time Favorite?
I will always associate the PS1 with Sears, because that's where I went in to buy my copy of Final Fantasy VII haha
-
What’s a recent comic you wish you’d locked in early before it blew up?
I always feel this way about The Walking Dead. I missed the boat early on in single issues and had to catch up a bit in trade. My buddy had the first issue and it was worth a nice amount at one point.
-
What comic most disappointed you in 2025?
X-Men really disappointed me as a whole comics-wise. Between X-Men '97 (the show) and the X-Men rollout in Marvel Rivals and even the teases for Doomsday, feel like the characters are clicking everywhere but the comics right now, which I wouldn't have expected.
-
What Games Are You Leaving Behind This Year?
I really enjoyed Zenless Zone Zero for a while, but then Marvel Rivals, Dreamlight Valley, and Disney Speedstorm took up all of my free-to-play space, and it would take a lot to get me to jump back in.
-
What Games Are You Leaving Behind This Year?
I got this one free as part of my PlayStation Plus. I need to give it a try at least
-
What Games Are You Leaving Behind This Year?
I just cannot get into Death Stranding as a franchise. I get people love it, it's just not for me.
-
Favorite season of Stranger Things?
I think at this point as a whole, Season 4 is probably my favorite season, followed by season 1 and then season 5, with season 2 and then season 3 rounding out the list. Granted, I love them all, but that would be my ranking.
-
Gaming Goals for 2026?
Shadow of the Tomb Raider is great, and in my opinion, is the most relatable depiction of Lara in the new trilogy. She's very human and makes decisions that have real impact, good and bad. I actually think the combat in the Tomb Raider games is more satisfying, but the character stories in Uncharted are on another level. I'm really excited to see where Catalyst goes, since it's the true next chapter.
-
Movie News You Want to See in 2026
I would love to get some concrete news on the new Power Rangers movie. The live-action series is getting most of the news now, but there is one in development at Paramount, and I'd love to see it move forward. The other big news reveal would be some actual information on the Transformers and G.I. Joe crossover film.
-
Movie News You Want to See in 2026
That movie did not get nearly enough love. It's so good!
-
Who's your faorite Doctor in Doctor Who?
The 9th Doctor, Christopher Eccleston, is and likely always will be my favorite. Just thought he brought such a great oddball charm to the role.
-
Which Video Game Console Is Your All-Time Favorite?
That's awesome!! I just need to go buy another one lol
-
Which Video Game Console Is Your All-Time Favorite?
Hell yeah! Team Dreamcast unite
-
Which Video Game Console Is Your All-Time Favorite?
I really adored the PS2, and it still has some of my all time fave games on the system.
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Welcome, and thanks for jumping in!