Everything posted by MattAguilarCB
-
Comics Lost
That is crushing! I've got a few things I didn't hold onto that would probably be worth something as well.
-
Which Skeletor Origin Do You Want To See in Masters of the Universe?
Over the years, we haven't really had a chance to see Skeletor's origin story fully fleshed out, but a new comic series from Dark Horse (Masters of the Universe: Genesis) seems to be finally bringing that to light. From the Skeletor backstories we've had over the years, which one do you hope the film goes with? We've had Skeletor from another dimension, Skeletor first being Keldor, or Keldor and Randor actually being brothers and dueling for the throne, but there could also be a completely original origin story for the film.
-
What’s something you watched, read, or played this week that you’d recommend?
Hero Quest is so fun! I play the new versions from Avalon Hill and have really enjoyed them.
-
What do you think of the Resident Evil trailer?
Really liked it! Huge Resident Evil fan and dig that it takes place during RE 2 but in a different area than the games. Also some of the stuff in there was crazy looking, and RE games are known for that, so it feels like a great fit.
-
Looking for some horror indie comic reccomendatuons
Something is Killing the Children is one of my all-time faves, and really enjoying Exquisite Corpses as well. Some other horror-leaning books I've really enjoyed lately are White Sky, Event Horizon: Inferno, and Feral, as well as its predecessor, Stray Dogs. If you haven't had the chance to read them, I would recommend all of those.
-
What is your favorite underrated superhero movie?
The Shadow was awesome!
-
What Games Are You Excited to Play In May?
I've been playing way more Disney Lorcana and Riftbound lately, but Star Wars Unlimited is still one of my favorite TCGs, and looking forward to the next set!
-
What Games Are You Excited to Play In May?
It looks fantastic, and can't believe they actually got Absolute Batman in!
-
What Games Are You Excited to Play In May?
Is that this month? Super excited to play that then
-
What Games Are You Excited to Play In May?
Finally tried the Outbound demo, and it was really fun! Though my daughter ended up just making it a camper designer simulator haha
-
My Adventures With Superman's Spin-Off Will be Anime-Influenced
Jessica is such a perfect character to star in a series like this, and the sailor moon-vibe makes a lot of sense too. I'm excited to see what they do with the character!
-
My Adventures With Superman's Spin-Off Will be Anime-Influenced
Hell yeah! Jessica is great
-
If you could make one cancelled Star Wars movie a reality, what would it be?
I adored Star Wars Outlaws. Such an underrated game
-
Injustice 3 roster and voice actors wishlist.
We've had Hal and Sinestro in previous games from the Lantern side of things, but this time around, I would love to get some other people in the mix. Guy Gardner or Jo Mullein would be awesome to have, especially since they both have an edge to them. For the villains, Sorrow (the new grey lantern) and someone crazy like Kryb would be great. I also second Logan's Larfleeze pick. Other heroes I'd like to see are The Question (Renee Montoya), Huntress, and of course, Absolute Batman. Like, c'mon, he fits the game perfectly.
-
Injustice 3 roster and voice actors wishlist.
I will say, Cristina Vee as Batgirl is perfect casting. Vee is great in every role.
-
Injustice 3 roster and voice actors wishlist.
MINE!!
-
Injustice 3 roster and voice actors wishlist.
Dreamer would be a great pick!
-
Shelfies!
Is that the Ash Bishoujo statue? Looks awesome, and love that Grogu is right beside the Diablo section!
-
Free comic book day/Comics Giveaway day
Those are all on my pick-up list, and I have a few others as well. Armageddon/X-Men #1 Energon Universe 2026 Special #1 He-Man and the Masters of the Universe/Dungeons & Dragons #1 Spidey & His Amazing Friends #1 Power Rangers #0 Garfield #1 Stitch #1 Jem and the Holograms/My Little Pony Flipbook #1 Aquamanatee Special Edition #1 The Last Kids on Earth and the Zombie Parade The Graphic Novel Sampler #1 Taking my daughter to pick out some books and can't wait!
-
What are you currently reading?
I've always wanted to jump in and read all the books, but there's always something else pulling my attention away. One day though!
-
Meryl Streep thinks Marvel has made movies worse. Is she right?
I don't know, it always comes off as dated and out of touch when people say things like that. It may be boring to them, but these are just classic good vs evil foundations that have been around in film and television for decades upon decades. Pointing to Marvel specifically, even if I'm personally not a fan of everything they are doing lately, seems like just pointing to the popular thing and throwing all of your baggage on it whether it warrants that or not.
-
Favourite superhero TV show/seasons?
My top favorites are Smallville, Batman: The Animated Series, The Penguin, X-Men, and Justice League Unlimited. But there are so many others I enjoy, including Superman: The Animated Series, Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, X-Men '97, and of course Batman '66.
-
If you could make one cancelled Star Wars movie a reality, what would it be?
Rian's trilogy would be my pick as well, though The Hunt for Ben Solo would have been awesome too! The Star Wars thing I'm most bummed about though is 1313. It sounded awesome and it's a shame we'll never play it.
-
Most Challenging Game You've Played?
Oh man, some of the Crash levels were brutal! I tend to be the same way, which is why I never got into the Souls games or Ninja Gaiden. I'm cool with a challenge, but I don't want to keep hitting my head against a wall. I've heard good things about Saros, so I might give it a try. One of my earliest memories is getting super frustrated with Spider-Man & X-Men: Arcade's Revenge. That game's die once and start over method paired with its not great mechanics made for a miserable time haha.
-
What movies and TV show releases are you most looking forward to in May?
For movies, The Devil Wears Prada 2, Mortal Kombat II, and The Mandalorian and Grogu,. For TV, the ones I'm most looking forward to are The Punisher: One Last Kill, Citadel season 2, and Spider-Noir.