Everything posted by MattAguilarCB
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Welcome to the forum!
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Hi Brielle, welcome!
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Hi Vbsense, welcome to the forum!
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Welcome! The Death of Superman is one of my favorite eras of Supes, and was pretty instrumental in getting me into comics overall. Love that the family is into Mario!
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Welcome to the forum! What did you think of the new Super Mario Galaxy Movie? Also, Yoshi for life!
-
New Comic Book Day! What are you all getting?
That Scarecrow design is growing on me too. Just so different compared to the approach to characters like Bane and Croc.
-
opinions on absolute batman #19????
Yeah, was trying to read the words around it haha to get any clues. It has to link back to Grim though for sure.
-
The Odyssey vs. Dune 3
I'm more excited for The Odyssey, but that's because I'm just a fan of the material more than Dune.
-
Pragmata Hype Check
I need to play the demo to see if it's my jam, but it looks really intriguing!
-
For Video Games, Are You Mostly Digital or Mostly Physical Releases?
100% the same way. Those PlayStation Store sales have increased my digital library so much haha.
-
For Video Games, Are You Mostly Digital or Mostly Physical Releases?
That's a good rule of thumb! I do something similar for comics. Most comics I read digitally. The comics I keep tend to be first appearances or ones I just read all the time and mean something to me.
-
For Video Games, Are You Mostly Digital or Mostly Physical Releases?
I'm the same way. I've cut down my comics collection considerably over the years for the same reasons. I need all the space I can get, and collectibles tend to be the things that take up the shelf space I actually have.
-
If You Could Have Your Dream Creative Team On Your Fave Character, What Would Your Dream Book Be?
We all have our favorite characters and creative teams we love, and I've got two dream books I'd love to see. The first is a Darkhawk series by Joshua Williamson and Jamal Campbell, and the second is a Batgirl series from Kelly Thompson and Elena Casagrande. Feel like Williamson could build out Darkhawk's world and supporting cast, which he desperately needs, while utilizing all of the Raptors material and weaving it into a relatable hero. Thompson would knock Batgirl out of the park from a character perspective, and Casagrande could bring a new type of feel to the book and showcase her incredible versatility. What are your dream books and why? Let me know!
-
For Video Games, Are You Mostly Digital or Mostly Physical Releases?
The digital versus physical preference when it comes to video games is a constant debate, but I'm curious what everyone here leans towards. I went with digital a while back and have pretty much never looked back. It's just far more convenient for me on every level to have my games digital, and when I had a PS5 with a disc drive, I used it for like 2 games and nothing else, so when I got a new PS5, I went with the digital edition. I love the idea of having physical games, but in reality, it's just easier for me not to. That said, there are some things that I love having physical copies of, but those are either sentimental, rare, or a mix of both. So, what do you prefer? Let me know!
-
Which DC Multiverse Figures Do You Want McFarlane To Make Before He Loses The License?
DC Multiverse just revealed new pre-orders for Robin (Tim Drake), Martian Manhunter, Miss Martian, and Bloodwynd, and they've also got more Green Lanterns, Larfleeze, Black Canary, and more on the way. They will lose the license at the end of this year when Mattel takes over the collectors line in 2027, so which characters would you like to see them do before their contract is up? They already did a Zatanna and Detective Chimp set (which I am about to own), and we're actually getting a Larfleeze figure too. At this point, I would love to get a 2-pack with C'hp included, or a Jo Mullein individual figure. We've also never had a Batgirl of Burnside figure, so that would be nice as well. Those are my picks, but let me know what you hope to see!
-
Dungeon Crawler Carl Is The Next Big Franchise
Matt Dinniman's Dungeon Crawler Carl has been a hot property for a while now thanks to its best selling 7 novels (with an eighth on the way), but with the live-action series in development, multiple toy lines from Playmates Toys, and the two new games that just obliterated their funding goal from Renegade Game Studios, it seems like it's not just a hot franchise, but the next truly big franchise. What do you think of the series, and will you be jumping in if you haven't yet?
-
What Would Be Your Dream X-Men Lineup?
I almost swapped out Colossus and Kate Pryde for Rogue and Gambit, and wanted Storm too! So many great X-Men to choose from
-
opinions on absolute batman #19????
That Waylon moment was heartbreaking! This book is just too damn good. Yeah, I didn't see the Gordon moment coming, and they executed that about as perfectly as possible, including the way they show Bruce looking across the street to see Scarecrow. I'm not entirely sold on the Robins thing, but at this point, I will always give Snyder and Dragotta the benefit of the doubt. They haven't missed yet.
-
New Comic Book Day! What are you all getting?
Absolutely adored (no pun intended) Absolute Batman #19 this week. Also haven't had a chance to read these yet, but will be reading Ultimate Wolverine #16, Batwoman #2, G.I. Joe #21, Deathstroke: The Terminator #2, Superman Unlimited #12, Radiant Black #41, TMNT: Shredder #7, Fairborn #1, Imperial Guardians #2, and Lost Fantasy #9.
-
Do you still go to retro arcades?
Yeah, we've got one of those too. You pay the fee and then go in for a few hours. Mostly classic arcade games and pinball, but still cool!
-
Invincible Season 4 Episode 7 was PEAK
Heh heh heh, we told you!
-
Which superhero team would you actually want to be on?
Teen Titans GO!!! Want to hang with the crew and make fun of Robin's baby hands. Boo-Yah!
-
What are you watching this week?
I've heard so much about Euphoria but never watched it. Thought about going back to start season 1, but can I just jump into season 3?
-
New Here
We're bringing it back haha! Next, I want my starter jacket to be back in fashion
-
What is your favorite underrated superhero movie?
I dig that movie too!