Everything posted by ChrisA90
-
Best Superhero/Star Wars/nerdy name for a cat?
My gut reaction was to also go for a Chewbacca inspired name. I typically think of Chewie as a dog name, but could work for a cat too.
-
What Are You Playing? (January 20th, 2026)
I'm in the middle of my Resident Evil 2 remake replay. This time I did Claire's scenario first and Leon second.
-
What's your favorite MCU movie in the Multiverse Saga?
Guardians of the Galaxy 3 for me. Rewatched it last summer before Superman (first time since theaters) and it really resonates with me. The Rocket stuff is so emotional. No Way Home would be 1-A. GOTG 3 is probably better as just a standalone movie, but Spidey is my favorite, and I could watch that third act on a loop.
-
Maxima is coming to Man of Tomorrow; is this the right move?
Oh this sounds great.
-
Maxima is coming to Man of Tomorrow; is this the right move?
I only learned Maxima is a character yesterday when I saw the news. I trust Gunn. Had no idea who Mr. Terrific was before Superman and now I love him.
-
When do you think the Spider-Man: Brand New Day trailer will release?
Maybe over the weekend during the NFL conference championship games? I agree it'll probably be soon. I know the movie's six months away, but that's nothing in movie time.
-
What are you watching on streaming this week?
I've been rewatching The Mandalorian Season 1. I want to rewatch all three seasons before the movie comes out
-
Do you think Avengers: Doomsday is being marketed too cautiously?
I think it's fine for now. Movie's still basically a year away, so there's no need to pull the curtain all the way back just yet. I like that they built the teasers around legacy/popular characters like Steve, Thor, X-Men, the Wakandans. That could get the normies excited for Doomsday.
-
Kathleen Kennedy is out of Star Wars? How are we feeling?
Yeah. Kennedy and Lucasfilm were all excited about it, and when they brought it to Disney, Iger said no. Only time that's ever happened.
-
Kathleen Kennedy is out of Star Wars? How are we feeling?
I agree it was time for a change. Filoni was the most natural successor given his ties to Lucas, and I like that they have Brennan there to handle the business side while Filoni focuses on the creative side. I'm interested to see which projects get the green light under Filoni's leadership. Kennedy's comments about The Hunt for Ben Solo in her exit interview were fascinating. I would love for Filoni to try to revive that. I still cannot wrap my head around Disney turning down a completed Star Wars script that would have been directed by Steven Soderbergh.
-
When Will the Brand New Day Trailer Release?
Now that the four Doomsday teasers are out, when do you think we'll get a look at Brand New Day? I'm a little surprised Sony didn't put something out to attach to The Bone Temple this week. I think Spidey could get a Super Bowl spot. They'll have to release something sooner than later, and there's a history of MCU movies being promoted during the Super Bowl
-
What Do You Think of Sophie Turner's Tomb Raider First Look?
I also think she looks great. Looking forward to seeing her in action. This could be a fun show.
-
Ryan Hurst is Kratos in GOD OF WAR
Excited to see how this turns out. The Norse era God of War games are some of my favorites ever
-
What Sci-Fi Books Are You Most Looking Forward to This Year?
The Star Wars novel about Leia training Rey between TLJ and TROS
-
Which 2020s movies are YOU rewatching the Most?
The Holdovers is another good one I just thought of. I didn't watch it this past holiday season, but I did in 2024. I should add it to my annual Christmas rotation.
-
Is Anyone Else Just Not Excited By the Doomsday Teasers?
The X-Men teaser made my ears perk up a bit, and it was cool to see the FF interact with the mainline MCU. I think the bigger issue for me is I'm not all that hyped for Doomsday right now, and I don't see how a teaser can fix that. I'm more curious to see how they're gonna try to make all this work. The Infinity Saga had a much more natural build up with characters making multiple appearances before we got to Infinity War. Doomsday has a "smashing the action figures together" feeling.
-
Which 2020s movies are YOU rewatching the Most?
I've watched Licorice Pizza a few times since it came out. No Way Home is one I can put on any day. Top Gun Maverick. Barbenheimer. I think 2025 has a few. I can see myself returning to Superman, Weapons, Sinners, and One Battle a bunch. Probably Marty Supreme too.
-
What do you think of the 4th Avengers: Doomsday trailer?
I thought it was fine. Definitely cool to see the FF meet the mainline MCU. I'd probably rank it third behind Thor and X-Men. The X-Men trailer was the best one imo. I think we're getting a few more leading up to a Super Bowl spot. I'd like to see Shang-Chi get some love. Casual audiences might even need a reminder he's still around since it's been so long lol. And they have to be building up to the Downey reveal for a Super Bowl ad I'd imagine.
-
Letterboxd 2025 In Review
Letterboxd has released its 2025 recap and personal summaries for users. What did your stats look like for the past year? How many diary entries did you log? Which movie did you watch the most? I logged 159 diary entries. Watched a handful of movies twice: Mickey 17, Black Bag, Superman, and Sinners. Tom Cruise was my most watched actor of the year because I rewatched all the Mission Impossibles leading up to Final Reckoning.
-
Which Superhero Show Are You Most Excited to See in 2026?
Lanterns for me.
-
First movie you’ve seen/plan to see in 2026?
The first movie I watched this year was Weapons. Got the Blu-ray for Christmas and got around to rewatching it about a week ago. In terms of going to the theater, I think my first trip will be Good Luck, Have Fun, Don't Die. Maybe Send Help if the reviews are decent.
-
Marvel's Wonder Man is getting dumped
Sad to see. I'm not like super hyped for Wonder Man or anything, but it seems like it could be fun. I like the whole meta angle and commentary on superhero movies/shows. It seemed different. But I guess they don't have much faith in it.
-
Favorite Video Game Genre(s)?
Platformers, action/adventure, and survival horror are the big ones for me.
-
Anyone else excited about Good Luck, Have Fun, Don’t Die?
It wasn't really on my radar until I saw the trailers. Looks like it might be fun. Always great to see Sam Rockwell in the lead.
-
Which Superhero Do You Think Quits Their New Year's Resolutions First?
I feel like Peter Parker would resolve to get his life in order every year and then after the first week just give up on that.