Everything posted by FantasticJerome
-
First Forum Entry: X-MEN books at Marvel Currently
I’m really curious what happens with the X-Men comics once the MCU starts putting a bigger spotlight on the mutants. I have a feeling we’re going to see a lot of people either discovering or coming back to the X-books. I was a big fan of the comics in the 90s but haven't really gotten into the recent series.
-
Avengers: Doomsday — who will die
I think so too. It could be their way of giving them all closure and retiring them.
-
What Did Everyone Pick Up for New Comic Book Day?
It's New Comic Book Day! What did everyone pick up this week? I grabbed ROM #1, This Land Is Old and Dark #1, Terminal by Robert Kirkman, and the magazine-size reprint of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1. Pretty happy with this week's haul. What did everyone else pick up? Anything you're especially excited to read?
-
Blue-Eye Samurai season 2!
I haven’t watched Blue Eye Samurai yet, but it sounds like I need to add this one to my watchlist before Season 2.
-
Kingdom Hearts is Goated as it is
I’ve always thought Kingdom Hearts looked awesome and like a lot of fun, but I never got to play them.
-
If a game cost $70 then you need 70+hrs worth of gameplay just for the main campaign
I agree. I don't think price and hours of gameplay need to match at all. I'd rather pay $70 for a great 15-20 hour game that keeps me interested the whole way through than a 70-hour game that's been stretched out with repetitive content just to make it longer. For me, it's whether I enjoyed the experience enough to feel like I got my money's worth.
-
Wondering if others here are big Marvel fans from the 80's.
The What Ifs were so cool back then! Have you watched the animated What If series? It's ok.
-
What's One Comic Book Trend You Wish Would Go Away?
I've been enjoying the new FF series as well. I'm a few issues behind but plan to catch up. It's one of the few titles I keep on my pull-list.
-
Are You Getting Any of the Avengers: Endgame Encore Popcorn Buckets?
I collect popcorn buckets, so these definitely caught my attention. The Avengers: Endgame Encore releases include an LED Mark 85 Iron Man helmet bucket and a light-up Nano Gauntlet, among others. I'll definitely be picking up at least one of them, although I haven't decided which one yet. Anyone else planning to grab one? Which one are you getting?
-
Wondering if others here are big Marvel fans from the 80's.
I grew up with a lot of the 80s Marvel stuff too. Secret Wars was a big one for me, and I've always loved the X-Men from that era. There's just something about 80s Marvel that still feels special to me. I've actually been going back and collecting more of those older stories lately.
-
Anyone Picking Up Marvel's New Midnight Universe?
The X-Men sound pretty awesome. I think FF will be good too, but not entirely sure about Spidey. I got all 3 to see which ones I like, but haven't added them to my pull-list yet.
-
Will Spider-Man Get the Black Suit in Secret Wars?
Since Spider-Man originally got the black suit during Secret Wars, do you think the MCU will finally give Tom Holland's Spider-Man the symbiote suit in the movie? We don't know how much they'll pull from the original Secret Wars versus Hickman's version, but this feels like one element from the original that would be hard to pass up. Do you think we'll see Spidey leave Battleworld with the black suit?
-
One Thing I Wish No Way Home Did
I like that idea a lot. I think seeing even a minute or two of Tobey and Andrew back in their own universes would have been a much better sendoff. I would have loved to see where Andrew's version went from there. It could have easily been 2 post-credit scenes that gave them some closure.
-
Endgame Encore Trailer - Are You Excited?
I wouldn't mind seeing it in theaters again, but it won't be high on my list of things to do. I doubt I'll go again unless the kids want to see it.
-
Hot take: original Deadpool vs Wolverine wasn’t that bad
I actually agree to a point. I didn't hate the idea of combining different mutant abilities into one version of Deadpool. My biggest problem was that it just didn't feel like Deadpool, especially sewing his mouth shut. Looking back now, it's definitely an interesting alternate take on the character though.
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Welcome to the forum! Superman and Wolverine are two great choices. Do you have a favorite comic run or version of either character?
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
That's awesome, same here! Welcome to the forum!
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Hi Chris and welcome to the forum!
-
Gp Gwapo
I hope it's fun! I know games often get repetitive, but hoping they keep the fighting mechanics fun to play. One thing I've always liked about open-world Spider-Man games is you could just swing around and have fun and I hope Wolverine is similar.
-
Marvel movies
Nostalgia definitely plays a part, but there are still some older ones I think hold up really well. I can still go back and enjoy the first two Raimi Spider-Man movies and Blade. The original Batman is a little out there, but I still watch it occasionally. I also miss how different superhero movies could feel when everything wasn't part of one massive connected universe.
-
Hot Take: Superhero Movies Will See A Resurrection
I don't think audiences ever completely lost interest in superhero movies. I think people just became a lot more selective about which ones they were willing to see in theaters. If Doomsday and Secret Wars deliver, I could definitely see another big run for the genre. DC is the interesting part to me. If they can build some momentum with several successful movies in a row, we could end up with Marvel and DC both doing well at the same time again.
-
This is for people 😀
Can't argue with that kind of positivity! 😂 Glad you're here too, Markus. Welcome to the forum!
-
LANTERNS - MANHUNTER THEORIES
I haven't started Lanterns yet, but it sounds like I need to catch up!
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Welcome to the ComicBook.com forum! Glad to have you here. What are some of your favorite nerdy things?
-
Has Anyone Read Jonathan Hickman's Secret Wars?
Has anyone here read Jonathan Hickman's Secret Wars and the stories leading up to it? I loved it, and I've been trying to get more people to read it before Doomsday and Secret Wars. We obviously don't know how much the movies will pull from Hickman's version, the original Secret Wars, or if they'll combine elements of both. Either way, I think it's a great read and gives you some background on things like incursions, Battleworld, and Doom. Anyone else read it? Which version of Secret Wars do you think the MCU will pull from the most?