Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FantasticJerome

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FantasticJerome

  1. Already been done by Always Sunny 😂
  2. I'll probably wait quite a while to see what others say about the performance.
  3. I feel the same. Not everything has to be connected to a huge cosmic force. Sometimes it's nice to just stay street-level occasionally.
  4. FantasticJerome replied to John R's topic in Gaming
    Physical copies all the way! I've started buying as much physical media as I can.
  5. I agree with this. I'm sure many people who haven't kept up with Marvel movies could feel intimidated when they see how many movies are out and feel it's more work to know what's going on in the movie. Spider-Man is in his own category and people don't even really have to like superheroes to enjoy his movies.
  6. I agree. He's in a category all his own and even people who aren't into superheroes will still go watch a Spidey movie.
  7. Yep! It looks pretty good!
  8. We've been hearing about superhero fatigue for years, but then Spider-Man: Brand New Day comes along and puts up huge numbers. Do you think audiences are actually tired of superhero movies, or are they just more selective about which ones they want to see? I'm starting to think people aren't tired of superheroes at all. They just need a reason to get excited about them again.
  9. The main villains I can think of that would put up a great fight are Venom and Green Goblin. The Goblin is pretty strong and can trade punches with Spidey on some levels. Plus he's tricky. However, if Peter really locks in then Goblin is in trouble.
  10. There are always a few books on my pull list that I enjoy, but then there are those that I actually look forward to every month. What's the one current series you find yourself waiting for the next issue of? It doesn't have to be Marvel or DC either. I'm curious what everyone is reading right now and hopefully I'll find a few more books to add to my list.
  11. I'll go with Doctor Octopus.
  12. I think there is a very strong chance you're remembering Sectaurs. Does that sound familiar?
  13. I think they chose young actors so they can stay in the roles for a long time.
  14. A Punisher game would be pretty cool! I used to play the old arcade that had Nick Fury lol
  15. An X-Men game with the full roster would be fantastic! Maybe we'll get that since they're rebooting them.
  16. Has it been confirmed that Sam Neill filmed scenes for this?
  17. I've been a fan of the Zelda games since I was a kid, so I'm really looking forward to this movie. So far, I actually like the casting. I was also happy to hear that Sam Neill was part of the cast. If this really ends up being his final on-screen performance, that gives the movie an even more special place for me.
  18. Spider-Man and Wolverine will always be obvious choices because their powers naturally fit video games. But who else do you think could carry an entire game? Ghost Rider? Daredevil? The Fantastic Four? Someone else? Who has the powers, villains, and world to make a great game from start to finish? I'd still love to see a Daredevil solo game, but I'd be first in line for a street-level Defenders co-op game with Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones.
  19. Tobey's Spider-Man will probably always be my Spider-Man. Those movies were a huge part of growing up, so there's always going to be some nostalgia there. That said, I really loved Brand New Day. Holland's Spider-Man has the advantage of being part of a much bigger Marvel Universe, so seeing him interact with characters like the Punisher, Hulk, Jean Grey, and everyone else gives the movie a completely different feel than what Tobey had. I still have a soft spot for the Raimi films, but I can absolutely see why a new generation will look at Brand New Day the same way mine looked at Spider-Man 2.
  20. I think she's perfect for the role.
  21. I'm curious as well! There are so many ways it could go. I hope they build an X-Men team that can sustain multiple movies like they did with the Avengers. The X-Men are too cool to not have staying power in the MCU.
  22. Yep, Cyclops is the character they really need to get perfect. I think this reboot or whatever they're calling it will feature him much more.
  23. Good point on Wolverine casting. I think that one will be the hardest because no one wants to let Hugh Jackman go.
  24. Now that Marvel has started putting together the X-Men cast, I'm curious what everyone thinks. Are you happy with the actors they've chosen so far? Is there one casting you're especially excited about, or one you're still unsure of? I'm trying to keep an open mind. Some of the best comic book castings have ended up being actors I never would have picked myself.
  25. Yeah that was pretty low! I almost felt hope for him, but then remembered this is Spider-Man we're talking about 😂

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.