Everything posted by FantasticJerome
-
Has the Shift to Digital Made You Buy More Physical Media?
Yep space can definitely be a factor! I have so many books, comics, and graphic novels all over the place 😂
-
Has the Shift to Digital Made You Buy More Physical Media?
I could see keeping music and most games digital. My son has started collecting old vinyls and I think that's really cool.
-
Has the Shift to Digital Made You Buy More Physical Media?
Yep! I buy more weekly.
-
Has the Shift to Digital Made You Buy More Physical Media?
I buy much more physical media now than I ever have. Lately, I've been buying comics, trade paperbacks, novels, movies, and games and basically stockpiling them. I literally never pass up a bookstore. I think seeing so much move toward digital has made me appreciate actually owning a physical copy more. Has anyone else found themselves buying more physical media lately, or are you moving more toward digital?
-
Did The X-Men MCU Cast Deliver?
I honestly don't know much about some of the actors, but I have faith that they made great choices. They usually tend to do right with casting at least.
-
Are You Watching Anything to Get Ready for Avengers: Doomsday?
I'll probably watch some of the older movies that I haven't watched to death with the kids 😂I don't think I have it in me to watch all of them again, but will definitely hit the X-Men and Wolverine movies again.
-
Are You Watching Anything to Get Ready for Avengers: Doomsday?
I'm sure those of us who have been keeping up with the movies over the years will be right on track.
-
What if SEGA came back to consoles
I would definitely buy one!
-
The First Ever ComicBook Nation All Things Comics Club! (8/19/26)
I'm in! I love hearing about recently released comics!
-
Anyone Picking Up Marvel's New Midnight Universe?
I'm sure that's their goal, I just hope the stories are all unique and really lean into the horror aspect. I love reading horror, but Marvel never pushes it far enough.
-
Anyone Picking Up Marvel's New Midnight Universe?
Oh we know they are 😂
-
Favorite Hayden Panettiere Role?
Heroes was the first role of hers I thought of when I saw the news.
-
Anyone Picking Up Marvel's New Midnight Universe?
I put in my pre-orders for all three of the new Midnight Universe books today. I ended up getting the horror homage covers: Fright Night for X-Men, The Thing for Fantastic Four, and The Fly for Spider-Man. I'm interested in the darker take on these characters, and the horror covers definitely sold me on getting all three. Anyone else planning to check out the Midnight Universe? Which book are you most interested in?
-
Lanterns Debuts, What Did You Think of the First Episode?
Cool! I may have to watch this series soon.
-
Are You Watching Anything to Get Ready for Avengers: Doomsday?
Is anyone planning to go back and watch some of the older Marvel movies before Doomsday? It's been a while since I've seen some of them, so I'll probably rewatch a few as we get closer.
-
Will the MCU Nerf Ghost Rider?
That's a valid point. I've seen it was rumored he may be in Secret Wars, but who knows. I feel like they're throwing together as many characters as they can on short notice, but hopefully we get to see him.
-
Will the MCU Nerf Ghost Rider?
With Ghost Rider coming to the MCU, one thing I'm really curious about is how Marvel will handle his power level. We've seen characters like Hulk get toned down at times compared to what they're capable of in the comics. Do you think Marvel will do something similar with Ghost Rider to make him fit into the larger MCU, or will they really let him cut loose? Personally, I'm hoping they don't hold him back. Part of what makes Ghost Rider so interesting is that he's not just another superpowered hero. When the Spirit of Vengeance shows up, I want it to actually feel like something even the MCU's heavy hitters should be worried about. How powerful do you think they'll let him be?
-
Do you want a new Hulk game? I do
Yes! Maybe it could borrow from the Immortal Hulk storyline. I love the body horror in that series.
-
Do You Want Other Playable Characters in Games like Marvel's Wolverine?
I think it would have been cool to add at least a few playable characters. I would love to play Gambit in a game like this!
-
New Magneto Backstory in the MCU?
That's what makes this difficult. I'm not sure there is a more recent event you could substitute without fundamentally changing Magneto. His experience during the Holocaust isn't just a tragic backstory. It's a huge part of why he believes the persecution of mutants could eventually lead to extermination. I'd rather Marvel find a way to explain his age. In a universe full of mutants, time travel, magic, and multiverses, making Magneto age more slowly seems like a pretty minor hurdle compared to rewriting his entire history.
-
Which Upcoming Comic Book Movie Has the Most Pressure on It?
There are a lot of big comic book movies on the way, but some of them have a lot more riding on them than others. Avengers: Doomsday has to bring a huge cast together and set up Secret Wars. The upcoming X-Men movie has the job of introducing Marvel's new version of one of its biggest teams. Then there are characters like Ghost Rider who will finally get a chance to establish themselves in the MCU. Which upcoming comic book movie do you think has the most pressure on it to get things right? For me, I think it might be X-Men. There are decades of movies, characters, and fan expectations to live up to, while also trying to make this version feel like something new. Plus, if it fails, we could be waiting a long time for Marvel to take another big swing at the X-Men.
-
GTA 6 Netflix
I have Netflix, but probably won't watch it.
-
Hot Take: Want to go old school
I still like my Xbox 360. I would even play the Super Nintendo again if I had one. Sometimes simplicity is better.
-
Could Marvel Build a Supernatural Corner of the MCU?
Marvel has introduced quite a few supernatural characters over the last several years, and with Ghost Rider on the way, I'd love to see them start connecting that side of the MCU more. Personally, I'd love to see them do more with the supernatural characters and even make a true horror movie at some point, although I don't think they'll ever push too far into horror. Would you like to see characters like Ghost Rider, Blade, Moon Knight, Werewolf by Night, and Man-Thing start crossing paths? How far would you like Marvel to take the supernatural side of the MCU?
-
LETHAL WEAPON 5
I was just coming here to say this 😂