Everything posted by Marco Vito Oddo
-
Cancelled Game You Wish Could Be Made
That and Kojima's Silent Hills are at the top of my list
-
Dave Filoni and Lynwen Brennan Reportedly Taking Over as Lucasfilm Co-Presidents
That would be the ideal world!
-
Who do you want to see Sebastian Stan play in The Batman: Part II?
I think it would be great if he played Harvey Dent, but they left Two-Face for the third movie (or a spinoff show). Give another villain the spotlight, but also give us a full journey into the rise and fall of Dent.
-
What is your favorite board game?
It's definitely worth it if you like logic puzzles. Plus, the physical parts design is on its own level.
-
How do you feel about Frodo returning in LOTR: The Hunt for Gollum?
I love the original trilogy... I think The Hobbit trilogy is mediocre, I dropped Rings of Power after the first season, and even The War of the Rohirrim failed to capture the same magic for me. I'm simply not excited about Hunt for Gollum at all! They are taking a footnote in the lore and stretching it into a full movie, with returning characters for nostalgia's sake. I don't think this can be a good movie when the inspiration is just corporate greed.
-
Why do you think Cyclops is crying in the Avengers: Doomsday teaser?
That makes sense. But I wonder if the movie will be able to actually give emotional stakes for everyone, or if we'll just be bombarded with superheroes non-stop.
-
Why do you think Cyclops is crying in the Avengers: Doomsday teaser?
I agree, this is the best teaser so far. Also, it seems obvious that Scott is mourning Jean. I wonder how this will fit with the rest of the movie. Doomsday seems to have so many moving parts that I don't know how they'll manage to fit everything together.
-
What is your favorite board game?
That's a hard question... I absolutely love Patchwork for quick two-people matches. Takenoko is another one I've been playing for years without losing interest. I've recently got Turing Machine, and it's one of the most unique designs I've ever seen! Codex, Pixies, The Mind, Azul... There are so many wonderful board games that it's hard to pick one.
-
Dave Filoni and Lynwen Brennan Reportedly Taking Over as Lucasfilm Co-Presidents
Just to add to this, Kennedy gets a lot of heat, but she had to fight Filoni to get Andor developed... As someone who loves Andor and is just mildly interested in the deep lore stuff Filoni has been pushing, I'm actually not that hopeful about the future.
-
Gaming Goals for 2026?
The only thing I want in the near future is to 100% Silksong... Since I'm 48 hours in and haven't reached any ending, I guess I still have a while to go.
-
Movie News You Want to See in 2026
This movie is criminally underrated! I'm still angry about the low box office performance.
-
Favorite season of Stranger Things?
I 100% support this ranking! I think Stranger Things Season 2 completely changed the series' scope and direction, which makes it the messiest of them all. Season 3 has the best balance of mythology and character. Season 4 began to put mythology before character, a trend that Season 5 followed.
-
Grade the Stranger Things Finale
Season 5 was not great, imo. The finale worked well in the 18 months later section, but all it did was remind me that I fell in love with this show because of the strong characters and how they interacted with one another. The first half of the finale was just a CGI snorefest, in my opinion, and that's mostly the issue I have with Stranger Things after Season 1. They kept expanding the mythology, which is fair, but did so by neutering several characters and relationships. Before the flash-forward, Mike did nothing the whole season (and that was better than Season 4), Lucas was pushed to a corner to play a supporting role, and we barely got to see the original team interact with each other... The flash forward got me emotional, and I genuinely loved the open ending. However, it wasn't enough to make me forget all the things I disliked from the season (and the show as a whole).
-
What Unexpected Marvel Characters Do You Hope to See in MCU's 2026 Projects?
For Turk we rise!
-
Which Video Game Console Is Your All-Time Favorite?
I have a weak spot for the Nintendo 64 because it was the only console I had when I was a child... I played a lot of Super Nintendo, PS1, and PS2 in friends' houses, but the Nintendo 64 was the one I booted to play all night long. But, if I try to be more objective, I guess I would grant the gold medal to the Switch. Odyssey is arguably the best 3D Mario, Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom expanded the Zelda franchise in ways no one could imagine, we got some amazing Kirby titles and Pikmin 4, a bunch of remakes and remasters that allowed me to play almost the entire Nintendo library so far, an online store that includes a vast catalogue of indies... AND the ability to easily take my TV console on a trip to play on the way.
-
New Comic Book Day Preview And Discussion Thread (12/24/25)
Absolute Martian Manhunter is my favorite Absolute title (even though they are all good to great)
-
Biggest Gaming Wishlist Items for 2026?
I want a new big 3D Mario... It's been too long since Odyssey (Bowser's Fury was just an appetizer). And I want a new solo player game from FromSoftware (I'm enjoying Nightreign, and I'll play Duskbloods, but I'm primarily a single player gamer).
-
Best Video Game Openings Of All-Time
Just to add more options, God of War. The first one. The battle against the Hydra was unlike anything we had ever seen until then.
-
Favorite Nerdy Movie of 2025?
Thank you for representing the Thunderbolts fam. The only geek movie to make me cry in 2025.
-
What Mobile Games Are In Your Rotation Right Now (If Any?)
I'm also a Pocket player. It's satisfying to see the Dex fill up and sometimes get a nice full art card. Also, with the improved trading and sharing systems, it's also nice to gift cards to friends and get some new cards from time to time.
-
Which January 2026 movie are you most excited to see?
I really want Priamte to be good... But I'm not holding my breath
-
The Odyssey trailer is here! Are you excited?
I hope this gets released at some point...
-
What's been your favorite part of Stranger Things Season 5 so far?
This. Plus, she and Vickie are the best Hawkins couple, and I will die on this hill!
-
Which January 2026 movie are you most excited to see?
Bone Temple is the only possible answer.
-
New Comic Book Day Preview And Discussion Thread (12/24/25)
The first 4 or 5 issues are rough, to be honest. But after that, they managed to keep a high overall quality. It's an anthology of short stories, so some will inevitably be better than others. But it keeps getting better over time.