Everything posted by Marco Vito Oddo
-
What Game of Thrones spinoffs do you want to see next?
I only watched the first season of Game of Thrones. I love the books, and I had read all of them before the first season. I actually loved the adaptation, so I thought to myself, "Since it will take another 4 or 5 years until the next book, I'll binge the show then, as a refresher before I read The Winds of Winter." It's been 15 years... Now I'm just time-deprived as my watchlist only grows.
-
What movie or show announcement actually got you excited lately?
This is the winner! Close the thread!
-
Kathleen Kennedy is out of Star Wars? How are we feeling?
This is my main concern... As far as we know, Filoni fought back on Andor being developed, which is a massive red flag
-
Which Absolute Universe character has stood out to you the most so far?
Just voted on Martian Manhunter. I love Wonder Woman, but MM is on another level.
-
When Will the Brand New Day Trailer Release?
Yeah, my guess would be Super Bowl, but I'm not sure if they want two Marvel trailers competing for attention, and I would bet Doomsday takes the lead in this competition.
-
Ryan Hurst is Kratos in GOD OF WAR
I don't think anyone was predicting him as a possibility, but it's a perfect fit!
-
What movie or show announcement actually got you excited lately?
Evil Dead Burn and The Mummy (both of them)
-
Kathleen Kennedy is out of Star Wars? How are we feeling?
I was a lot more sympathetic to Kennedy after she fought for Star Wars: Andor, my all-time favorite Star Wars story. But since she's warming up to AI in Hollywood, it's one less person I want near my movies and TV shows.
-
GAME OF THE WEEK
There was special reporting on public television about the controversy in Brazil. It was wild! Which, of course, just made every teenager even more curious (and pirated copies even more common).
-
Favorite Video Game Genre(s)?
I'm not a cozy gamer at all... But during the pandemic, I almost converted. My Switch clock marks 500+ hours in Animal Crossing.
-
Lee Cronin's The Mummy teaser trailer – What did you think?
That's a fair point! That said, Lee Cronin is great, and I really enjoyed Evil Dead Rise, despite its flaws. I'm sold!
-
First movie you’ve seen/plan to see in 2026?
The first movie I saw this year was Glass Onion. My girlfriend is crazy about whodunnits, and Wake Up Dead Man led us to rewatch the previous movies.
-
GAME OF THE WEEK
Bully was censored in Brazil, so we had to acquire it through shady means to play on the PS2... When the port came to Steam, I even used a VPN to buy it in another country's store and add it to my library. I never got into GTA, but Bully was such an amazing experience!
-
What theory do you think Marvel will use to explain RDJ playing Doctor Doom after Iron Man?
I would LOVE it if they simply never addressed it. It's just another character with no connection to Tony Stark. Doom has scars, and he has a mask; you don't need to make them look too much alike. I think any connection they try to make between the characters will be disappointing and a disservice to the villain.
-
Favorite Video Game Genre(s)?
I really like action-focused games... Metroidvanias, Soulslike, Roguelites, action-adventures à la Zelda... I'm mostly a solo player, and something with a nice level of challenge and good wordbuilding that's not too chatty will always draw me. That said, I'm also a sucker for platformers, and I'll obsessively play Nintendo titles. Weird puzzles are also my jam. I don't care that much about classic puzzles, but give me something like Baba Is You or The Witness and I'll pour dozens of hours finding every secret.
-
Anyone else excited about Good Luck, Have Fun, Don’t Die?
I understand that. I think the director has a past track that's positive enough for me to be hopeful, but I also feel there might not be an in-between for this movie. It will either be great, or disappointing.
-
Mortal Kombat 2 vs Street Fighter Movie
I don't think there's any other answer than Mortal Kombat. Honestly, the first movie was not great, but it still surpassed every expectation in terms of audience. A sequel that reportedly addresses the major flaws of the first movie is likely to do even better.
-
Which Superhero Show Are You Most Excited to See in 2026?
Lanterns, and it's not even close! I'm also hopefully curious, Daredevil: Born Again Season 2 will leave all the retooling drama behind and improve. Spider-Noir, I'm mixed. Yes, I would love it to be good. No, I do not trust Sony with Spider-Man spinoffs.
-
Golden Globes results and snubs. What do you think?
For me, while I know Michael B. Jordan was everyone's favorite, I was positively surprised to see Wagner Moura win as best actor. First Brazilian award!
-
Marvel's Wonder Man is getting dumped
I prefer a weekly rollout, and in my experience, Marvel Studios dropping a whole show at once is not a great sign. Everything I see about this show makes me want to watch it, but I was also excited about Echo, and that show is not great.
-
Movies You Wish Were Getting More Awards Love
Yes! That's a crime!
-
Anyone else excited about Good Luck, Have Fun, Don’t Die?
Sam Rockwell and the wacky premise had already piqued my interest, but the trailer really sold the movie to me. How do you feel about this one?
-
Do you think DC is finally building a more connected movie universe?
I think Clayface and Lanterns will be the true test of the formula, actually. Superman and Peacemaker (and also Creature Commandos) did a wonderful job connecting everything. However, they were all helmed by Gunn. Supergirl is not helmed by Gunn, but since it's the second theatrical release, I would guess he's watching things closely. Clayface and Lanterns feel like their own things, so they will tell me if the universe is working or not.
-
What's your go-to show to binge-watch?
It's not exactly binge-watching, as I actually don't like to watch TV like that. But whenever I want to unwind, I have Community, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and The Office ready. I tend to watch each series from start to finish and then just loop back. It's perfect for when I don't have the energy or attention for anything else, so I can just get comfy with my TV pals. I've been doing this for so long, I must have watched the entirety of these shows at least 5 times each.
-
Which upcoming Star Wars TV show or movie are you most excited about?
I feel The Mandalorian's quality diminishes over seasons, as it became less a cool Western spinoff and more a vehicule to tie deep lore together, so I'm not particularly excited about the movie. Ahsoka's first season also didn't impress me for similar reasons. I hope that the Maul series will be good, but I'm more excited about Starfighter. It could be something fresh and standalone-ish (Andor and Skeleton Crew were awesome, and I want more of that, things that don't feel like homework).