Everything posted by saperry
-
Congrats to Our Weekly Giveaway Winner for Week 5: ComicBob
Mark Spector Moon Knight shout out, ComicBob has taste.
-
Sadie Sink's MCU Character
Yeah, she's definitely someone of note, there's no reason not to confirm who she's playing if it's a villain that no one even really knows (as new rumors are trying to make us believe)
-
Action Comics #1 Just Broke Another Record - What's YOUR Most Valuable Comic?
I have a 9.8 graded Edge of the Spider-Verse #2 (first Spider-Gwen). I think it's in the 800 to 900 range now, but every time a Spider-Verse movie comes out it flies about $1k. I'm pretty impressed it managed to fetch that grade since it was my personal copy that I read, not one I bought later.
-
IT: Welcome to Derry Finally Brings Back Pennywise
There was definitely a narrative reason why this week's episode of the series marked the first time that Bill Skarsgard appeared as Pennywise, but I can't help but feel like his absence had more to do with not completing his deal to appear in the series until a certain amount of time into production, could just be the cynical part of me there. Anyone else feel like they waited too long to bring him in or was that the right amount of time?
-
Sadie Sink's MCU Character
With the surprise news that she's going to appear in Avengers: Secret Wars, I'm really starting to believe the rumor that she's playing Mayday Parker and is the daughter of Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man. Anyone else?
-
After The Running Man, What Stephen King Reboot Should Be Next?
Edgar Wright's movie isn't really a remake, but a new adaptation of King's book. We're getting the same thing soon with Dark Tower and Carrie, but it seems to me there are other missed opportunities for this, my pick would be The Dark Half.
-
The worst way a character was written out (because the actor left)
Doakes in Dexter comes to mind, the show never really recovered in giving him an actual antagonist after that
-
The Super Mario Galaxy Movie Trailer Is Upon us! Are You Excited?
I'm still just waiting on the Donkey Kong spinoff at this point. Surprised Yoshi didn't show up!
-
Which Comic Book Character Deserves a Redemption Arc on Screen?
Jonah Hex! People don't even remember he got a movie, which should make a reboot even easier to pull off
-
Predator: Badlands - See it in the theater!
It's definitely a lot of fun, like a '90s Dark Horse comic come to life. No one should be surprised by low box office though, it's the standard for Predator haha
-
IT: Welcome to Derry (Episode 1) | What Did You All Think of It?
The scene with the fingers coming out of the bathtub drain was so much more interesting as both a scare and a story beat than the kid being tormented by a crazy family and the mom giving birth to a demon baby. It's easy to tell when the Muschiettis are trying too hard, and they waffle between that and at least SOME subtlety in this first episode, but the hamfisted moments really made me roll my eyes (the incessant turtle references for instance)
-
The Future of Star Wars Movies - And The Hunt for Ben Solo
I'm in the minority for sure, but I think whatever they do there should be a balance of creators that are avid Star Wars fans vs ones that don't hold it as sacred. The former gets you stuff like Ahsoka and The Force Awakens, the latter gets you Andor.
-
Who Should Lead the Avengers in the Next Era?
Honestly, I think the way to figure it out is which current character is beloved by the fans but in the context of the MCU would be reluctant to lead, despite being good for it. So I think the answer is Florence Pugh's Yelena.
-
Which original Avenger do you most want to see return in Avengers: Doomsday?
I voted Cap, if only because I think Evans remains the MCU's best casting decision and there's still cool things that can be done with the character.
-
Most Important Romance in Marvel Comics?
Daredevil and Elektra. Doesn't matte how many love interests get introduced for Matt, it always comes back to her, not to mention that Frank Miller's run is something every new take on the character continues to be defined by.
-
What's y'all's movie of the year so far?
Nothing has quite stuck with me like One Battle After Another and Weapons, but Pee-wee as Himself on HBO is also a big one for the year IMO
-
What was the very first comic book you ever read and what is the current comic book that your currently reading
I think the first comic book I ever read was the X-Men: Evolution tie-in that Marvel published ahead of that cartoon making its premiere. Right now though, my favorites are Absolute Batman and The Power Fantasy, both have just enough issues that there's not too much to catch up on!
-
A Movie That Genuinely Messed You Up As a Kid
LOL I showed XTRO to friends a couple of years ago, and that is a capital M Movie, let me tell you.
-
Peacemaker S2 E8 (Season finale!) Discussion
I’m honestly pretty disappointed with this finale. I like the larger setup of the Sanctuary plot line for the DCU, but this episode felt like Gunn sprinting to the finish line so he can just fry bigger fish down the line and put this obligation away. Too many threads were completed too cleanly and just as many were ignored, not to mention the indulgent musical performances. Can’t help but wonder what the heck happened here.
-
Peacemaker S2 E8 (Season finale!) Discussion
Just getting this one ready for everyone for as soon as the episode ends tonight. Be here! Spoilers ahead!
-
A movie plot hole that keeps you up at night… 🤷
Look, Halloween is my favorite movie of all time, but that doesn't mean any of it makes a real lick of sense. How can Michael Myers drive a car? I don't care, but I think about it a lot.
-
Show off your comic collection!
My Hellboy and Alan Moore shelves, The Daredevil shelf And the Omnibus shelves There is, somehow, still even more not pictured.
-
Peacemaker S2 E7 Discussion
Starting to see why James Gunn has been softly suggesting that there may not be a Peacemaker Season 3, at least not for a bit. I'd be surprised if the character died in the next episode, but they're setting up taking him off the board in the DCU in some way.
- Peacemaker S2 E7 Discussion
-
Would Alien: Earth Have Been Better As An Original Sci-Fi TV Show?
Even removing the xenomorphs, I think this one still ends the same way, which is telling about the finale as a whole anyway. I think removing the larger mythology from Alien would mean it had to spend even longer on world-building and set-up than it did. So I think they made the right call not being an unrelated series, since its biggest problems didn't spring from the fact that it was in the franchise to begin with.