Everything posted by saperry
-
What Do You Think of Sophie Turner's Tomb Raider First Look?
Iconic tbh. I just want to see her shoot a dinosaur now
-
Ryan Hurst is Kratos in GOD OF WAR
Surprising news today! I think Hurst is a great pick, he's a great performer and is always memorable in the roles I've seen, but curious how others feel about this. It's a pretty distinct difference from the voice actors...
-
Which 2020s movies are YOU rewatching the Most?
It's probably THE BATMAN, and it's not even close so far.
-
What Do You Think Of Marvel Rivals' Deadpool Reveal?
It's a pretty cool idea! I've fallen off Rivals but this is unique enough that I may have to give it another try and see how it plays. I'll be curiosus to see if the build on any of the three classes has some kind of element that secretly makes it the best.
-
What do you think of the 4th Avengers: Doomsday trailer?
And spent most of our time as movie fans assuming it would never happen!
-
So What About Those Pokemon LEGO?
My big worry after seeing these prices is how much are they going to charge for the regular sets? I assume those are all going to be built around the new interactive bricks they announced a couple days ago, and I'm certain they'll use that to raise those prices too. LEGO sets shouldn't cost more than some bills! 😂
-
Letterboxd 2025 In Review
I had 186 movies logged with Sam Jackson my most watched actor (truthfully, only four SJ movies all year), The funniest bit for me is I can tell when my Halloween viewing and Awards Season viewing run into each other, it's the biggest spike in watches all year.
-
What do you think of the 4th Avengers: Doomsday trailer?
Honestly, kind of love this one. As a comic fan, I love seeing two Jack Kirby creations finally interact on screen. As wild as seeing X-Men in an Avengers movie is, seeing the FF finally interact with Wakandans is something else.
-
First movie you’ve seen/plan to see in 2026?
I saw 28 Years Later: The Bone Temple first (review this afternoon! 👀)
-
Lee Cronin's The Mummy teaser trailer – What did you think?
The deck is stacked against this one, I think the Brendan Fraser one is the only good Mummy movie in the history of film, but that said, it seems different enough to be interesting!
-
Marvel's Wonder Man is getting dumped
I think there's proabbly something to them knowing that this won't reach major engagement levels. I wouldn't pin the whole thing being dumped on it, but it deffinitly contributed
-
Marvel's Wonder Man is getting dumped
Yeah, feels like this is a byproduct of the previous era fully expanding into Disney+ before they realized this strategy wasn't going to work. I hope it's good, but feel like the release strategy is going to kill any momentum it might have with audiences.
-
Marvel's Wonder Man is getting dumped
I just realized that Marvel is dropping all eight episodes of this at once at the end of the month. I don't think any of us expected this one to have any relevance to Doomsday or Secret Wars, but it stinks that this one will almost certainly come and go with no impact. Anyone else hate to see this happen in the MCU?
-
What’s a recent comic you wish you’d locked in early before it blew up?
Something Is Killing the Children for me. By the time I read it the thing was forty issues deep. The good news is they have these killer hardcovers coming out, so it worked out and I can just get those haha
-
Anyone else excited about Good Luck, Have Fun, Don’t Die?
It feels crazy that this is the first Gore Verbinski movie in NINE YEARS. So yeah, I can't wait.
-
Movies You Wish Were Getting More Awards Love
It seems like Bugonia is getting left out of the conversation almost entirely this season, which is wild because it's a great movie with performers that are usually always in these conversations.
-
What's your go-to show to binge-watch?
STATION ELEVEN. It's only ten episodes so I tend to revisit with regularity because I can knock it out quickly
-
Which upcoming Star Wars TV show or movie are you most excited about?
Honestly, probably the Maul series? It seems like the one that might actually do something a little different from the major releases. I'm not even that much into the deep Star Wars lore, but that one is the only one that seems remotely interesting of the lot.
-
New Comic Book Day! What are you picking up or reading today?
Light week for me, just Ultimate X-Men 23, Batman 5, and Poison Ivy 40, all three of which remain pretty excellent. Next week is the big hardcover of the New History of the DCU, can't wait for that one.
-
Cancelled Game You Wish Could Be Made
I'm still waiting on Starcraft Ghost, I will never give up lmao
-
Dave Filoni and Lynwen Brennan Reportedly Taking Over as Lucasfilm Co-Presidents
If they want Star Wars to survive, it can't just be Filoni at the top. Like everyone's saying, he's too in the weeds with this stuff and time is already proving that Star Wars is starting to be seen as a niche franchise. Maybe Starfighter can course correct to a degree for the public, but right now if it stays in the arena he likes to play in, it's doomed.
-
Why do you think Cyclops is crying in the Avengers: Doomsday teaser?
The X-Men we know are in the movie are Beast, Gambit, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Mystique, Magneto, and Professor X, so I wonder if this is a full team massacre that happened, along with the all the kids in the school.
-
Fallout Season 2
That's definitely fair. Right now it almost seems like "Encounter of the Week" for Lucy, though the Brotherhood storyline seems to be giving us something big
-
What is your favorite board game?
LOVE Horrified, but my answer is always Betrayal at the House on the Hill. Only trouble is it requires minimum three players, so I sledom have chances to play.
-
Spiderman Vs Batman
It doe stink that this match-up is never one that the crossovers ever get into. It's always another brooding character with Bats, but this seems like a more interesting fight than Superman and Spidey