Everything posted by Nicole Drum
-
Who Do You Trust to Stop a Universe-Ending Event?
I went with Loki. I live for chaos.
-
Should Batman should break his no-kill rule to permanently stop the Joker.
Batman's no kill rule is a product of editorial mandate from decades ago and, even at that, isn't something he's strictly adhered to over the years. It's actually one of the things that makes Batman interesting in that there is this ideal and then there's the flawed implementation of it. I don't think we as readers give that enough credit. The bigger question really should be would killing the Joker actually accomplish anything -- and I don't think it would. Batman letting the Joker live and seeking other ways to stop him is more a mechanism of understanding that killing him would only make him more powerful by extension (meaning the damage to how people perceive Batman, people who worship Joker taking up his cause, etc.) than Batman's "no kill" rule.
-
Which Video Game Console Is Your All-Time Favorite?
Glad I am not the only person who bought an Xbox because Halo.
-
Which Video Game Console Is Your All-Time Favorite?
DREAMCAST. We unearthed my mom's Dreamcast in the basement over Christmas and are having it refurbed!
-
Do you keep a pull list, or do you buy week to week?
I stopped having a pull post-COVID. I need to potentially get back into having one but it just hasn't been a priority.
-
What comic most disappointed you in 2025?
Yes. Yes I am.
-
What comic most disappointed you in 2025?
It's always hard to be disappointed by 'Zilla, but I agree.
-
What comic most disappointed you in 2025?
Funnily enough, I hated Krakoa AND I hate the current X-Men situation, too. I'm grumpy.
-
What new TV shows are you most looking forward to in 2026?
I had actually forgotten that The Testaments was still happening!
-
Are You Sticking With the Stranger Things Franchise After the Main Series Ends?
I'm going to be honest, I never started Stranger Things and with everything I'm hearing about this season I think I'm just going to stay away.
-
What’s a TV Show or Mini-Series That You Love But Are Still Embarrassed to Recommend
There are also PLENTY of movies I haven't seen. Having a kid sort of took me out of movies for a few years.
-
What comic most disappointed you in 2025?
We often talk about our favorites at the end of the year, but I think it's also valuable to look back at the things that we didn't love as well. What comics were you most disappointed by in 2025?
-
What’s a TV Show or Mini-Series That You Love But Are Still Embarrassed to Recommend
I don't think I'm actually embarrassed by any of my tv loves and recs. I'm more embarrassed to own up to the things that I actually haven't seen because I missed like 5 years of television at one point.
-
What are your nerdy New Year’s resolutions?
I would consider that nerdy. You can get really into the details and macros of things and that’s math so… nerdy. 🙂
-
Did Santa Bring You Nerdy Treasure?
My brother has this set and it RULES.
-
What are your nerdy New Year’s resolutions?
Asking for me… because I need some inspo. :) What are your nerdy resolutions for 2026?
-
Did Santa Bring You Nerdy Treasure?
This sounds amazing.
-
Did Santa Bring You Nerdy Treasure?
I didn't get to choose -- my brother made the whole thing himself so mine was green (I got Luke's) and De got Darth Vader lol. They were just both custom built to our hand sizes and statures. It's super rad.
-
Did Santa Bring You Nerdy Treasure?
VERY cool!
-
Dc ko event
I think it’s kind of meh. I generally like some of the books and I like some of the DC books overall even beyond KO but I couldn’t tell you what the heck they are doing in general in terms of continuity right now and KO just feels like too much.
-
Did Santa Bring You Nerdy Treasure?
Now that Christmas is here, what did you get? I got a custom-made lightsaber that I was NOT expecting!
-
Which comic book movie disappointed you the most?
Pick pretty much any of the pre-Gunn DC movies and I was disappointed.
-
New Comic Book Day Preview And Discussion Thread (12/24/25)
The only thing I was really looking forward to this week (mostly because of the holiday, just wanted to be lowkey) was the Marvel Winter Break Special. Did not disappoint. It was jut the right level of cheese.
-
Which January 2026 movie are you most excited to see?
Bone Temple followed by Greenland 2. But I'm not spending my dollars as I have a giftcard. ;)
-
What Movie Are You Going to See on Christmas Day?
I will be in the middle of nowhere for Christmas with the nearest theater a more than 40 minute, relatively treacherous drive. I'll be suffering through A Christmas Story at the house because certain members of my family insist on watching it every year.