Everything posted by Nicole Drum
-
What Game of Thrones spinoffs do you want to see next?
I'm actually just tired of GOT generally. THAT SAID... I'm with Spencer here: the Arya show would make GRRM complain and I'd enjoy that.
-
What do you think of Star Trek: Starfleet Academy?
I think it's a nice addition to the overall Star Trek franchise!
-
What Sci-Fi Books Are You Most Looking Forward to This Year?
Sci-fi is such a popular genre and there are a lot of great books within it set to come out this year. What book are you most looking forward to (regular fiction or comic)? For me, I'm very excited for Emily St. John Mandel's Exit Party.
-
Is Anyone Else Just Not Excited By the Doomsday Teasers?
That smashing together of action figures thing is so spot on.
-
Is Anyone Else Just Not Excited By the Doomsday Teasers?
I keep hoping that each new teaser will inspire some excitement but... they haven't.
-
What's your go-to show to binge-watch?
I re-watch Alias just about every year.
-
What's your go-to show to binge-watch?
This is genuinely the best television show ever made, fight me. It's also a very rare instance of an adaptation that is every bit as good as the book even though it's different and I say this as someone who considers Station Eleven her favorite book (and I own like 7 copies from different countries of said book.)
-
Do you prefer jumping into a series early or waiting until there’s a backlog?
I have a bad habit of jumping in in the middle of something, getting confused, having to find the beginning, and start that way. I am the worst.
-
Marvel's Wonder Man is getting dumped
Part of me is happy about this because, as a Wonder Man fan generally, I love that I'll get to sit and just absorb it all at once. I've been so excited for this show since it was announced and I'm so interested to see what they do. It has the potential to be a really interesting series and surprisingly smart, too. The rest of me is mad as a Wonder Man fan because my boy deserves more and I really hate that Marvel does this.
-
What’s your go-to comfort watch when you don’t want to think too hard?
Almost any show that aired on The CW. Just turn it on and my brain shuts off. Mostly. Barring that... Speed. There is something about that movie that is perfect background noise.
-
Who Is Your Favorite Muppet?
I have kept an Animal plushie on my entry table for over a decade. Animal rules.
-
Who Is Your Favorite Muppet?
A true classic.
-
Who Is Your Favorite Muppet?
The hubs LOVES Sam the Eagle and says "you're all weirdos" way, way too often, lol.
-
Anyone Planning to Hit a Comic Con This Year?
You'll love it! It's actually a great con. The location is actually pretty good for a con as well -- and if the people who make homemade rootbeer are there, I absolutely suggest trying it! It's the thing I look forward to almost as much as the con itself!
-
How do you decide when to stick with a series or drop it?
I will generally keep reading something until it makes me mad enough to throw it across the room. Since not all books hit that point with me, I've endured some very long runs that I probably should have just quit.
-
Which Superhero Do You Think Quits Their New Year's Resolutions First?
I just fear what his resolutions actually were.
-
Which Superhero Do You Think Quits Their New Year's Resolutions First?
Oh, absolutely. He'd be entirely overwhelmed.
-
Which Superhero Do You Think Quits Their New Year's Resolutions First?
We're now a week into the new year and I know those resolutions are starting to feel impossible already so I wonder... what superhero do you think calls it quits on their resolutions first? I feel like Green Arrow gave up on the 2nd.
-
Propaganda-Free Comics
Comics, like all art forms, are inherently vehicles of social commentary, which includes politics among other things. Quite literally every comic you encounter will contain some form of messaging in some form or another. This is why art as a broad category is extremely useful in tracing and understanding history as it functions in many ways as a snapshot of the time and environment it is created in. It's pretty near impossible to avoid art having a specific viewpoint. What might be easier for you if you are looking for comics that you would most enjoy or that would feel less like propaganda to you is to seek out creators who share your values and explore their work. There are solid creators in every genre and of just about every imaginable perspective. It's one of the best things about comics: there is something for everyone.
-
What is your favorite board game?
I am very specifically a Lord of the Rings Monopoly person.
-
Anyone Planning to Hit a Comic Con This Year?
Planet Comicon in KC is local to me so I'm thinking about hitting that up. I used to go every year but it's been a couple since I've made it there.
-
Why do you think Cyclops is crying in the Avengers: Doomsday teaser?
I have no theories (though Jean is probably it) I just think it looked really cool when he went all blast-y.
-
What tv show did you used to love that has NOT aged well?
24 oh my god I forgot about that one.
-
What tv show did you used to love that has NOT aged well?
THEY MESS UP THEIR OWN LORE ALL THE TIME. I am very seriously working on writing about it because it had me yelling at the tv!
-
What tv show did you used to love that has NOT aged well?
The subject says it all -- and for me right now that is MTV's Teen Wolf. Just finished binge watching that and holy cow, I have some questions about so much of that show. It definitely feels very much of the years it came out.