Everything posted by Marco Vito Oddo
-
Do you still want to see Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4?
I'm 100% confident they will bring him back to Doomsday OR Secret Wars. No Way Home made too much money for them not to bet on nostalgia
-
Did Something Is Killing the Children hook you enough to keep reading?
It gets even better, in my opinion. I read everything, including the spinoffs. The spinoffs can be hit or miss, but the main series is fantastic. Some people complain about how many arcs are flashbacks, but I do enjoy this non-linear structure, as it helps inform the characters' present-day choices. If you want to read the spinoffs too, I highly recommend: -Enter the House of Slaughter -House of Slaughtert (Arcs 1, 3, and 5; you can skip the others unless you are really into the universe) -A Monster Hunter Walks Into a Bar The Books of Slaughterone-shot trilogy is also great if you like worldbuilding and mythology.
-
Do You Stick With One Comic Run Until You Finish It, or Bounce Between Multiple Runs?
The ending is a bit shaky, but overall, my favorite Hulk run ever!
-
What does the Terminator series need to get on track?
Given Termiantor connection to AI, the franchise must reflect current trends of the technology. So, I think the next Terminator movie should begin with a Hollywood executive asking ChatGPT to make a new Terminator movie, which leads to the rise of an evil AI that takes over the world by distracting people with deepfakes of Will Smith eating spaghetti.
-
What comic character do you think is consistently miswritten?
The Joker is probably the right answer, given how inconsistent he can be. That said, there are a handful of characters I feel writers struggle to get right. Iron Man, for instance. Or the Punisher. And since that unfortunate storyline, no one knows how to handle Hank Pym... Actually, now that I think about it, I feel that the nature of a decades-long storyline makes CONSISTENT character the exception, not the rule. One more reason to love Daredevil.
-
Do you still want to see Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4?
I will never say no to anything Raimi. It doesn't matter the genre, I will watch it. That said, I would prefer Raimi to tackle something else. I think Spider-Man 4's ship has sailed, and I'm much more interested in Raimi making a Doctor Strange with full creative control, or something for the DCU.
-
Do You Stick With One Comic Run Until You Finish It, or Bounce Between Multiple Runs?
I usually go for the full runs. I like the sense of completion that comes with finishing a story.
-
Do modern reboots try too hard to recapture the past instead of adding something new?
I fully agree with @Tom Bacon Some nostalgia is nice, but if that's all you have to offer, you lose me fast. Adding to Tom's Star Wars example, after The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi tried to take the franchise in a new direction. It was divisive, but the reaction was going back to full nostalgia with The Rise of Skywalker... Which is, by far, the worst Star Wars movie ever!
-
Thanos might be in Avengers: Secret Wars (Is that too much nostalgia bait?)
Rumors keep piling up about Thanos having a role in Avengers: Secret Wars. Honestly, a cinematic adaptation of THAT scene in which Doom kills Thanos would be great, but I'm on the fence about Marvel Studios going all in with nostalgia. It makes sense, from a commercial angle, given how much money No Way Home and Deadpool & Wolverine made. Still, they are bringing Steve Rogers back, focusing on the OG Avengers for Doomsday... I'm not sure if the current theatrical environment will reward this approach.
-
What do you think of the Oscars 2026 nominations?
The Secret Agent is getting a nomination, with a Brazilian actor in the front... I'm happy!
-
If you could bring one show back, what would it be?
1899 is my choice. Although GLOW also deserves a proper finale.
-
Did the Master of Universe trailer get you excited for the movie?
The trailer is finally available, and I'm positively impressed by how close they are sticking to the source material when it comes to character design. Also, GENIUS move to have Skeletor be silent for the trailer, considering how we are all kind of tired of Jared Leto.
-
What's a Great Game You (Probably) Won't Replay?
Death Stranding. I'm a completionist who enjoys reaching 100% in games. I loved Death Stranding and was willing to complete every mission and grab every collectible. I was around 95% completion when I decided to do the game's finals tory mission, and just clear whatever I hadn't found yet in the post-game. The final story mission activates permanent rain for a while... Rain corrodes structures, including EVERYTHING you spend dozens of hours building. I just didn't have the strength to rebuild a bunch of stuff for a few extra missions, and the fact that the story mode gets in the way of exploration (which is the best aspect of the game), left a sour taste in my mouth.
-
28 Years Later: The Bone Temple
Wait, the Jimmy Saville thing was not on purpose? That's wild! I thought it was so obvious that people wouldn't deny the connection
-
What's your favorite MCU movie in the Multiverse Saga?
Thunderbolts* and GOTG Vol 3 are probably tied to me... I need to watch then back to back to choose. But from the top of my head, I can't even think of a third place, because these two are miles ahead of the others.
-
How do you feel about Frodo returning in LOTR: The Hunt for Gollum?
Well... the team behind the original movies was also behind The Hobbit... That didn't do it any good. Honestly, if I didn't work in the industry, this would be a movie I wouldn't even care about watching unless it starts getting stellar reviews.
-
When do you think the Spider-Man: Brand New Day trailer will release?
If for any reason Marvel doesn't want the Super Bowl spot, that will definitely be Spider-Man's. However, I doubt both Marvel trailers will be featured in the same event.
-
Let’s talk magic users. Who’s your favorite and why?
*Quietly sneaks in a self-promo for my independet comic, Otherkin, who is obviously my favorite magic user* Jokes apart, I absolutely love the Mignolaverse, although Hellblazer comes as a close second as my favorite magic user in comics. Characters like Doctor Stranger and even Zatanna are hit-or-miss to me. Sometimes the magic is just too random, and they can do anything at any time, or have constraints that get introduced in a story and abandoned in the next one for the sake of dealing with specific threats. I prefer when magic universes have clear systems in place, as that helps to build tension. If everything is possible, there shouldn't be any reason for danger.
-
New Mortal Kombat Movie 2026
THANK YOU! Sometimes I feel lonely in disliking this movie. The script is awful, the characters are bland, and I absolutely hate the new powers explanation
-
28 Years Later: The Bone Temple
I like 28 Years Later, but The Bone Temple is miles ahead for me. I had to control myself not to start clapping inthetaers after THAT musical scene. Also, Jimmy is such an amazing villain
-
Ryan Hurst is Kratos in GOD OF WAR
As long as they can say "BOY" I think the actor has the performance covered
-
Is January still a dump month?
I think it's still somewhat a dump month because they are pushing risky movies, even if they are not bad. Honestly, people were betting Primate to be bad, and The Bone Temple is definitely weird (although I loved it!)
-
Maxima is coming to Man of Tomorrow; is this the right move?
I'll publish an explainer soon, as a lot of people seem to be unaware of Maxima. But in a few words, she's an alien warrior travelling the cosmos searching for a suitable mate to have plenty of powerful children... and she obviously thinks Superman is the prime candidate. Yes, it's weird, but it could be comedy gold.
-
Maxima is coming to Man of Tomorrow; is this the right move?
Hear, hear!
-
Maxima is coming to Man of Tomorrow; is this the right move?
So, it seems that the tall warrior-like female character being cast for Man of Tomorrow is NOT Wonder Woman, but Maxima. That means we'll likely get a "Panic in the Sky" adaptation. That's exciting news for me, but I wonder what you think of it. On the one hand, I guess some people will be disappointed Diana is not in the movie. On the other hand, we will get a follow-up joke to "Superman's Harem."