Everything posted by Nicole Drum
-
What are some of your favorite conventions?
I don't go to many conventions just because of schedule constraints, but Planet Comic Con in Kansas City is one I've enjoyed for years -- even when it was still a small con (it's much, much bigger now.)
-
Sex Criminals (Matt Fraction/Chip Zdarsky) is amazing!
Honestly one of my favorite books.
-
What's on your watchlist for this weekend?
I am just quietly biding my time for The Wiz to hit Peacock.
-
Sex Criminals (Matt Fraction/Chip Zdarsky) is amazing!
I absolutely agree -- he knows exactly what he is doing. If you haven't read White House Robot Romance.... you should.
-
Grogu is too cute
I almost had to buy an extra suitcase. So much merch....
-
Grogu is too cute
I love Grogu so much that when I went to Disneyland I got the little magnetic shoulder sitting thingie that makes little Grogu noises and annoyed all my friends with it. I'm very excited to see so much more Grogu.
-
Hot Take: Favorite Joker
Honestly, I don't think this is really a hot take! I think a lot of people really appreciate this version of the character. Gotham isn't necessarily everyone's favorite series (I personally never could get into it) but as Jokers go, this one was pretty solid.
-
You've Suddenly Found Yourself a Character In a Comic. What Comic/Universe Are You In?
You're living your life, doing your thing when one morning you wake up and you are now a character in a comic --- you're not a currently existing character. You're a new and semi-significant one. This isn't a one-off appearance here, you're in it for the run. Maybe you have superpowers. Maybe you don't. The real question here is what comic series or overall universe have you been dropped in and, bonus question: why.
-
Absolute Batman enjoyers, how did you like Poison Ivy's design?
Oh, I completely agree with you there. I just also know that Scott has the ability to write some really thoughtful non-horror stories and would love love love love love to see what he could do with a Batman-centric story in a new setting within that sort of framework.
-
What Is Your Favorite Vertigo Comic?
SCALPED IS SO GOOD.
-
What Movie or TV Show That You Saw as a Kid Still Haunts You?
I am legit a weirdo and none of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies ever messed with me but I can see how that particular one scarred you for, haha
-
What Movie or TV Show That You Saw as a Kid Still Haunts You?
Oh man, I think I blocked Labyrinth out of my memory for several years (it's really good when you're an adult, though.)
-
What's your Go-To streaming service?
I don't do most of the streaming in my house -- that usually falls on my kid who, due to his current hyperfixation being airplane crashes tends to watch a lot of Air Disasters so we're having a heavy Paramount+ rotation month. After that it's probably Netflix.
-
What Movie or TV Show That You Saw as a Kid Still Haunts You?
We all saw some movies and tv shows we probably shouldn't have as a kid -- which ones still haunt you now that you're an adult? For me, it's a creepy 80s Alice In Wonderland.
-
What cities should Godzilla smash?
I REALLY need Godzilla at Silver Dollar City.
-
What Is Your Favorite Vertigo Comic?
I have to say, i'm a little surprised to see bigger names listed here. That's not a bad thing! I just thought I'd see y'all name off some of the more hidden gems. ;)
-
Absolute Batman enjoyers, how did you like Poison Ivy's design?
While I don't understand the monster-fication of everything in the Absolute Universe, I have to say this design is pretty rad.
-
What was the best Cartoon Network show?
Oh man, there are so many good ones to choose from it's almost like choosing children.
-
What Is Your Favorite Vertigo Comic?
With Vertigo back in a big way, I've been revisiting the imprint and am reminded of so many of the absolutely fantastic books that -are not- the major titles everyone thinks about. I'm talking books like Faker, Hex Wives, etc. What are your favorite, perhaps underappreciated Vertigo books and why?
-
What cities should Godzilla smash?
So IDW has the Godzilla vs America series. I've been particularly fond of Godzilla vs Kansas City because, well, KC is home. But it all makes me wonder, what other cities would you like to see Godzilla smash? What cities do you think Godzilla would actually think are cool? I personally half imagine Godzilla for some reason really liking Branson. I have no reason why, just that he might vibe with it.
-
I'm getting really tired of James Tynion IV's W0rldtr33
I usually give up on Tynion stories a handful of issues in so I didn't even start this one. I don't know, I feel like there are a lot of very talented and good writers out there that have great ideas and styles who could SERIOUSLY benefit from a strong editorial hand to keep them on track -- and Tynion is near the top of that list.
-
Which hero that they won't let get married SHOULD be married?
Right? And now they've fallen into worn patterns with Damian, too. Sometimes, one just wants to shake DC aggressively.
-
What TV Show Do You Think Should Have Ended Long Before It Actually Did?
We usually talk about television shows ending too soon but... what about shows that simply went on too long? Can you think of any series that simply should have ended a season (or more) before the network finally pulled the plug?
-
Which hero that they won't let get married SHOULD be married?
I definitely think Batman should be married and I think it should absolutely not be Catwoman or Talia. I think by putting him in those relationships (and then not letting him get married) they've sort of painted the character into a corner where pretty much all of his stories repeat in some respect. Giving Bruce a "normal" life would completely upend things and could make for some truly interesting storytelling.
-
If you had to choose one post-apocalypse hellscape to live in, which one would you choose?
Station Eleven. I don't know if it counts so much as a "hellscape" since by the time we get to the end of the limited series (and the book) things are starting to improve, but there is something about that whole setting that I find interesting. And it's zombie and nuke free, so, bonus.