Everything posted by ChrisA90
-
MCU Movies and TV Shows
Brand New Day is my most anticipated MCU movie. Curious to see how they handle the X-Men reboot and the whole timeline reset after Secret Wars
-
What are your unpopular MCU opinions?
Ooo. I have to agree on Ragnarok. I remember not liking it as much as everyone else seemed to when I saw it in theaters.
-
10 Best Steven Spielberg Movies?
This is tough! Spielberg is my favorite director. 1) Raiders of the Lost Ark 2) Jaws 3) Saving Private Ryan 4) ET 5) The Last Crusade 6) Jurassic Park 7) Catch Me If You Can 8) Minority Report 9) Close Encounters 10) The Fabelmans The top 4 is locked in. Those are four of my favorite movies of all time. The rest are really interchangeable with each other. What a career.
-
Is Star Wars better in summer or at Christmas?
As a prequel kid, I always associated Star Wars with summer, but I think Force Awakens changed that in a big way. There was something cool about it being the big holiday release.
-
Toy Story running out of gas?
I thought it was a mistake for them to make 4, so I don't want to just doubt 5. I think it'll be good and I like the "toys vs. tech" angle. At the same time, I wouldn't be totally surprised if one of us is writing "Toy Story 5 Sets Unwanted Franchise Rotten Tomatoes Record" in a few weeks haha. Not that it's gonna be panned, just not as enthusiastically reviewed as the others.
-
What superhero movie are you actually most excited for right now?
I'll echo the votes for Supergirl. Very excited to see the DCU continue.
-
Mandalorian and Grogu Soundtrack
I agree. Ludwig should be the go-to Star Wars composer now that Williams is retired. Get him to do the Starfighter score.
-
Where does The Mandalorian and Grogu go in your Star Wars ranking?
Empire New Hope Last Jedi Force Awakens Return of the Jedi Rogue One Revenge of the Sith Mando and Grogu Solo Phantom Menace Attack of the Clones Rise of Skywalker
-
Mando and grogu
I really enjoyed it! I agree with the main criticism that it's kinda thin in the story department. I know Favreau wanted this to be a standalone thing newcomers could just jump into, but I think it works so much better if you've seen the show and you've been on the long journey with those characters. But as someone who's been following Mando since the beginning, this was a very entertaining pulpy space adventure. Was surprised by how much I enjoyed Rotta. Didn't know what to expect because they really held him back in marketing, but that was a fun twist on Hutts. I think that's the first time we've seen a Hutt be one of the good guys. Grogu is wonderful. I love him. It's always fun to see the Anzellans (perhaps the lone redeeming quality of TROS). And as a big Scorsese fan, I thought his cameo was great.
-
What's the biggest crime of the X-Men movies?
"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning?"
-
What's Everyone Playing This Weekend?
I've been playing Saros. Really enjoying it! I love Housemarque's gameplay.
-
Grand Theft Auto 6 Is Actually Releasing This Year, So What Are You Looking Forward To Most?
I'm kind of in the same boat actually. I thought I would like GTA 5 because I'm a big fan of crime stories, but I couldn't get into it. I'm not the biggest fan of the way Rockstar games feel to play (possible hot take alert?). Had the same thing with RDR2. I loved the presentation and how lived-in the world felt, but it wasn't as "fun" to play from a gameplay perspective. So GTA 6 has never really been on my radar. Got so much else on the wishlist to get through.
-
State of Play in June predictions.
I've seen rumors that Sony could be interested in reviving dormant PlayStation franchises. Maybe we'll see something there.
-
Favorite Star Wars Movie Moment?
In honor of Mando and Grogu, what is your favorite Star Wars movie moment? Mine is everything with Luke on Crait in The Last Jedi. The reunion with Leia. The showdown with Kylo. The reveal that he's actually Force projecting himself across the galaxy. What a perfect sendoff for that character.
-
State of Play in June predictions.
I would like to see more of Intergalactic. Release dates for stuff like Onimusha, Halo remake, Tomb Raider remake, etc. would be cool as well. Also can't wait to see the Wolverine gameplay. I'm always hoping for a reveal of Cory Barlog's next game.
-
What Should We Call Secret Wars vs. Hunt for Gollum?
Assuming the release calendar stays the way it is, Secret Wars and The Hunt for Gollum are coming out on the same day. We've had Barbenheimer and Dunesday. So what catchy name are we giving this showdown? There isn't an obvious one that immediately jumps out to me. Gollum Wars?
-
What role do you want Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader to play in Star Wars' future?
I agree. Use him sparingly. Vader should only be used in special situations like Shadow Lord. At this point, Anakin only really makes sense in Ahsoka. I'd love for Star Wars to eventually move past this relatively short time period of the in-universe history and do stuff with some new characters. Maybe Starfighter will be a step in the right direction there?
-
Who would last longer in the other’s game, master chief or doomguy
As someone who's been on PlayStation for basically all of my gaming life, I've never played Halo (that'll change when the remake launches on PS5), but I have to say Doomguy. He'd survive pretty much any game.
-
Are you planning to watch Lanterns?
I'm very much looking forward to it!
-
Thoughts on Pragmata?
I finally finished my playthrough of Pragmata last night. Didn't do everything to get the platinum, but I unlocked the secret ending. I really liked it. The gameplay was fun. The hacking stuff made the combat feel more unique, and I thought the Hugh/Diana dynamic was very sweet. It was cool to see a big AAA publisher take a chance on something original like this. If they want to do a DLC story expansion or make a sequel, I'll be all for it. What did you think?
-
How do you feel about The Mandalorian & Grogu after seeing the first reactions?
You can probably make the argument that the reactions are like a best case scenario considering how shaky things looked early in the marketing campaign. I think part of me was expecting more universally negative reactions.
-
Who's your favorite member of the Fellowship in Lord of the Rings?
"What about side by side with a friend?" still makes me tear up after all this time.
-
Who's your favorite member of the Fellowship in Lord of the Rings?
It's a tie between Aragorn and Sam for me.
-
How do you feel about The Mandalorian & Grogu after seeing the first reactions?
Honestly, the reactions were more or less what I was expecting. I am excited to see the movie, but I never thought it was going to be like a life-changing 10/10 cinematic masterpiece. Not everything needs to be a home run. It's okay if this is just a solid base hit. As long as it's a fun Star Wars adventure with two characters I've grown to love, I will be happy.
-
Do You Like to Use Motion Contols for Gaming?
I disabled the motion controls in Astro Bot