Everything posted by ChrisA90
-
MCU One Wish Willow
MCU adjacent (thanks No Way Home), but Raimi gets to make Spider-Man 4
-
What's your favorite Spielberg film, and why?
Raiders of the Lost Ark. Just a classic adventure
-
Showcase Week Is Over, So... What Are You Most Excited For?
In terms of new stuff that got revealed, God of War Laufey, Resident Evil Veronica, Rayman Legends Retold, and the new Spyro game. Spyro was my favorite back in the day. Played the PS1 games religiously. Very excited that franchise is making a comeback.
-
What's a movie you wish had gotten a sequel (but it bombed at the box office)?
The Nice Guys is probably my pick too. You can tell that still bothers Gosling because he continues to bring up Angry Birds to this day.
-
What's the Deal With Xbox Exclusives?
I only have PS5, so I don't follow Xbox all that closely, but I have to say I'm confused about their recent messaging concerning exclusives. At first it seemed like they were going multi-platform for everything, but now they're going back to console exclusives? I just saw that Gears of War E-Day hasn't been announced for PS5 ... which is strange because they put out Gears Reloaded last year. That felt like Microsoft was trying to introduce the franchise to a new player base before the new release came out. I've been interested in picking up the Halo remake for PS5 because I've never played a Halo game before, but I'm kinda waffling on that now in case they decide that's the only one that's gonna be multi-platform. Part of me thinks it's better for Xbox to have exclusives. Competition is always good in a field like this. But it's just really odd to see them try to put the toothpaste back in the tube after putting Forza and Halo on PlayStation (plus other games like Hi-Fi Rush and Indy). They're shooting themselves in the foot from a sales perspective.
-
Marvel 1943: Rise of Hydra is playable! But has it missed its chance?
It seems like something that would be right up my alley, but I'm also getting worried about it. Rarely a good sign when something is delayed like this. Although, it did take Pragmata 6 years to come out and that turned out okay, so I'm holding out hope until we see more.
-
Summer Game Fest Reactions
The big announcement for me was the Resident Evil Veronica remake.
-
Masters of the Universe (2026) - What'd you think?
I thought it was fine. Like you, I was never into MOTU. I didn't watch the cartoon or anything. This was actually the first MOTU thing I've watched. It was a fun fantasy movie but I'm probably not gonna go out of my way to watch it again.
-
Which Marvel villains do you think the MCU wasted?
I'll also cast a vote for MODOK. That was so bad. And I was expecting much more from Christian Bale as an unhinged villain. Klaw is an interesting one on that list I didn't really consider, but who wouldn't want to see more of Andy Serkis? I really enjoyed him in Black Panther.
-
What TV plot twist shocked you the most?
When Howard met Lalo in Better Call Saul and we finally found out why Saul is absolutely petrified of Lalo.
-
Worst Moment of Gamer Rage?
I would be remiss to not mention going for max completion on Crash Bandicoot 4 and driving myself insane doing the time trials. There was a lot of cursing.
-
Would you rather see The Mandalorian & Grogu 2, The Mandalorian Season 4, or neither?
I'm not sure if there will be another Mando movie after how the box office turned out (unless Disney feels it's a hit because of the lower budget + other revenue streams). I wouldn't be surprised if they popped up in Ahsoka at some point. It'd make sense to have them fighting against Thrawn with the rest of the New Republic. I think there has to be something to at the very least wrap up Din Djarin and Grogu's arc. Those characters have been so important that they deserve a proper send off.
-
Disclosure Day Hype Check
We're about a week away from a new Steven Spielberg sci-fi movie! How excited are you to see Disclosure Day? I'm very hyped. Spielberg is my all time favorite director and Disclosure Day feels like the culmination of his sci-fi director arc - almost what The Irishman was for Scorsese and crime dramas. I think it's gonna be great. I hope it can get some traction at the box office. It'd be nice for there to be one last major Spielberg blockbuster.
-
2026 State of Play Reactions - What Did You Think?
My credit card is still trying to recover from the news that Wolverine, Control Resonant, Onimusha, and Rayman all release in like the same two-week period. I thought it was a great show! I was excited to see the Wolverine gameplay and I loved the God of War reveal. Was happy to get release dates for some of the games on my wishlist. I have to say Rayman Legends Retold was the biggest surprise for me. When I heard they were remaking Rayman Legends, I thought it was super weird because that game still holds up and looks great. And then I saw the reveal trailer and I got it. It's like a whole new game.
-
Taylor Swift x Toy Story
Nothing can destroy me as much as the incinerator scene in Toy Story 3 or Bonnie quoting Woody to Andy, so I should be able to handle whatever this Jessie scene is. How Toy Story 3 got a G rating is beyond me. That movie is absolutely traumatizing.
-
Mando and Grogu Box Office - What Happened?
I wonder if the streaming-to-theatrical model is over now, especially with Disney shifting back to prioritizing features. Doesn't seem like that worked all that well. I can easily see Starfighter being a much bigger draw since it'll be a standalone thing and they'll have Gosling doing his whole thing on the press tour. Really, really smart move to cast him. I know Star Wars has avoided typical A-listers in the past, but it felt necessary here. Gosling and Amy Adams promoting a Star Wars movie.
-
Should they keep making Middle-Earth movies and TV series?
The Hobbit would have been great if they made just one movie and marketed it as "Return to Middle-earth one last time!" There are some great moments in those movies. Riddles in the dark. Bilbo meeting Smaug. But the trilogy as a whole is so meh. The original LOTR trilogy is one of my favorite film series ever but I am not excited for these spinoffs they're working on. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see them being all that great.
-
Are you excited for The End of Oak Street?
I'm definitely excited to check it out! Hope it delivers on its potential.
-
Summer Game Fest Next Week - What Do You Hope to See?
Intergalactic gameplay would be cool! My default answer is just release windows for some of these 2026 games on my wishlist. Onimusha, Plague Tale, Tomb Raider remake, etc. Excited to play those! I wonder how much first-party PlayStation stuff will be there since the State of Play is Tuesday.
-
Worst Moment of Gamer Rage?
We've all gotten frustrated playing a game at one point or another, but what was one instance where you went over the top? I've never broken a controller or anything like that, but my first time playing Returnal, I kept dying while trying to get to the final boss. I was replaying a couple of earlier biomes to build Seline up again and just kept getting killed. At one point, I was just like "Goddamnit! That's it!" and I rage deleted the game off the PS5. After sleeping on it, I reinstalled it and actually made it to the final boss and beat it on my first attempt. To this day, the final boss is the only thing to not kill me in Returnal. Across multiple playthroughs. I can't explain it. But I'm happy I didn't give up on Returnal. One of my favorite games this gen.
-
Mando and Grogu Box Office - What Happened?
Mando and Grogu had a bad second weekend at the box office. Not only did Backrooms take the top spot, Obsession finished in second. Mando is in third. Ouch. I know Mando and Grogu was never gonna be one of the highest grossing Star Wars movies ever, but I didn't expect this. What happened here? I like it's a combo of mixed word of mouth and people are so used to seeing Mando on streaming that they decided to skip it in theaters. Sidenote: I guess I should make plans to see Obsession. Have heard only good things.
-
Avengers: Doomsday Trailer in June?
The Russos are at it again with cryptic Marvel teases. Fans are thinking the Doomsday trailer could release at SXSW London this week. I think it'd be weird to drop it now. They missed the corporate synergy of attaching it to Mando and Grogu a couple weeks ago. Comic-Con is in July. At this point, just wait until then.
-
Tom Holland's Spider-Man Future
So, Tom Holland has outlined his dream send-off for his Spider-Man: passing the torch to someone like Miles Morales or Spider-Gwen. Who do you want to see take the baton from Holland? And when should this happen? I think the first Spidey movie after Secret Wars would be the perfect place to lay the foundation for the Holland succession plan.
-
What are your unpopular MCU opinions?
Yeah, that was my big complaint about it as well. So many emotional moments just fell flat. And I like Hunt for the Wilderpeople and Jojo Rabbit. I know Taika can do that "happy sad" thing really well
-
Anyone Been Playing Saros?
I'm getting close to the end of my Saros playthrough, so just wanted to see if anyone else has been playing it and what they thought. I've been having a lot of fun with it. I really enjoy the addictive gameplay loop. It's very similar to Returnal in a lot of ways, but I also appreciate the differences. I love the permanent upgrade system. I never felt like I had to restart a run from the first biome just to build the character back up again.