Everything posted by Marco Vito Oddo
-
The Mandalorian and Grogu trailer was weird, right?
Just saw the trailer and I'm not excited for the movie... I wasn't excited already, since Season 3 was a bad season imo, but I hoped the trailer would get me in the mood. Nope. It just makes me think plot is secondary and they are just making the movie to insert 500 cameos and repeat the same Baby Yoda jokes that were cute in Season 1, but by now are exhausting.
-
New Comic Book Day! What did everyone pick up?
I really enjoy Absolute Superman. It's not as good as Absolutre Wonder Woman or Martian Manhunter, but it is still amazing. But I understand you sticking to Immortal Hulk, as that run slaps! Once you're finished, open a discussion. I would love to read your thoughts on the ending of Immortal Hulk.
-
The Parts of SNES Game Development That Slow Me Down
This is an important lesson for anyone who works with creative stuff. The creative part is always great, but there's a lot of side work that's not as enjoyable. Last year, I began working for real in comic books (as a writer). This year, my partner (illustrator) and I decided to do the same thing. In between chapters of a bigger project, we are working on small stories, like only 4 pages long. It gives you a HUGE boost of energy to complete something, and helps you to stay motivated.
-
New Comic Book Day! What did everyone pick up?
Yesterday I got to read the new Absolute Superman. I quite liked it. Hawkman is an interesting villain so far, and the new Parasite is great! I still have to read the new The Nice House By the Sea, but that is a comic book that demands more attention from me, and I couldn't fit it into my agenda. I read comics every day, but if I'm tired, I prefer to prioritize something lighter.
-
What's Your Take on Early Access Games?
I mostly pass on early access because 90% of the games released like that are just rough concept demos that never get turned into an actual game. There are exceptions, of course, but I guess the model is an easy way for devs to publish their games as fast as possible and get some income rolling, including devs who are extremely new to game production and have no idea how to turn their projects into polished experiences (or worse, don't even understand if their ideas might work or not). Game design is hard, and people brush off the planning phase too often.
-
Are YouTuber movies the future?
It's an amazing movie! Their second movie, Bring Her Back, is also great. Not as good as Talk to Me, imo, but still worth checking out. The director duo started out as YouTubers in Australia.
-
What movie do you think you've rewatched the most amount of times?
Oh, if we consider all time, it would most likely be something Disney. I had just a few VHS tapes as a child, so there was a constant repeat of Disney movies in my household. Maybe The Lion King?
-
What movie do you think you've rewatched the most amount of times?
Probably Avengers: Infinity War. I watched once for work, then with my girlfriend, then with some friends... I watched it again in theaters during a double-screening before Avengers: Endgame. A fifth time, when a friend came visit me a couple of years ago (it's his favorite Marvel movie). I am now rewatching some MCU stuff before Doomsday, so I might watch it again.
-
Nintendo Direct Partner Showcase Reactions?
Yeah, nothing I felt super excited about. The highlights for me were the free Hollow Knight update and the Pragmata demo.
-
What comic character do you think works better outside their own solo series?
Saw the title and came here immediately to say "Iron Man." Spencer beat me to it, but that's the right answer!
-
Get a taste of our Mini-comics in 2026
I will not engage with OP, but I will drop a message here to anyone who might stumble into this thread. Art is not a product like a can of sausage. It's a form of self-expression, a path to creating meaning, and a craft to polish. Generative AI circumvents all of that and reduces art to a product like any other. On the contrary, when we engage in the process of creating something ourselves, we turn constraints into forms of creativity and propose new solutions to problems. That's why human art can make something actually new, while AI can only reproduce something if it finds it in its training data. Of course, I understand that big companies have been reducing art to commodities for over a century, a process that has only accelerated over the years. That's why we see so much slop being delivered in every single medium, regardless of AI use. Yet, artists (real artists) are constantly fighting against this process to make things that are unique, fresh, and meaningful. The moment when independent artists embrace AI to "compete" with big corporations is the moment we, as a society, declare art has no meaning beyond feeding consumerism and serving as pure entertainment (in the worst sense of the word, "distraction"). That's not even touching the enviromental concerns about massive AI centers being built for the sake of billionaires, the low quality of gen-AI imagery (not art, art is something else) as the tool is literally a probability calculator built for delivering "the most likely" outcome, and the fact that gen AI companies are profiting from the illegal data scrapping of artists lifework without any form of compensation. There are THOUSANDS of great comic books, life is too short to read everything. If I want to support actual artists, I just go to Kickstarter and back projects (something I do every single month). Consuming AI media (again, not art, art is something else) is just contributing to the proliferation of soulless products, and it's not even a hard choice to pass on AI slop, given there are so many independent creators offering high-quality products (If anyone ever needs recommendations, just hit me up!)
-
Get a taste of our Mini-comics in 2026
Hard pass. No art should be made with AI at any level.
-
Are YouTuber movies the future?
It made a LOT of money already. Also, it's not unprecedented, given how Talk to Me was a horror hit made by YouTubers.
-
What’s your Scream movie ranking?
Yeah, ranking is hard because every movie in the franchise is good... Which is surprising, considering how horror franchises often lose their way. The original comes first, of course, but I actually enjoyed the 2022 movie way more than I expected, so that's a second place for me.
-
What movie are you most excited to see this February?
Send Help still hasn't premiered in France... But I got tickets for an early screening this Friday!
-
Who is the most famous superhero from your state?
I'm based in France, and there are not many superheroes from the country... But we have some cool villains, like Batroc the Leaper, Brain, and Monsieur Mallah. If we consider my home country, Brazil, that would be Fire!
-
Michael trailer is all glow,and no controversy
The trailer is out now, and it focuses on the legendary performances, video clips, and achievements of Michael Jackson... but it completely sidelines the controversy. I know the production has its hands tied, as they are not allowed to depict certain legal battles. Still, it feels weird to see the biopic avoiding the subject, especially as so many docuseries have done a good job in showing how problematic some aspects of Michael Jackson were.
-
February 2026 Nintendo Direct Predictions/Hopes Thread
I was pleaseantly surprising by how fun Elden Ring: Nightreign is, so I'm quite excited about Duskbloods. That said, I really hope we get some 3D Mario news soon...
-
Get a taste of our Mini-comics in 2026
Is this all AI "art"?
-
Which Spider-man video game is the best?
This is the perfect trifecta. No notes!
-
When Should PS6 Come Out?
That's an issue of bad optimization, which, unfortunately, is way too common nowadays. Developers are incentivized to use bloated game engines to cut costs (Unreal, I'm looking at you) instead of optimizing code and assets. I think a masterful example of this is Helldivers 2. The initial game size was 154 Gigas.... When they actually decided to optimize it, the game size dropped to 23 Gigas. That's massive! Nintendo is really good at optimization, which is why they managed to run a massive game like Tears of the Kingdom in a potato system like the Switch. Honestly, we don't need a new generation of consoles any time soon. We just need game dev companies to invest in optimization.
-
Thanos might be in Avengers: Secret Wars (Is that too much nostalgia bait?)
That's a possibility... Or maybe Thanos Variant 3.0 comes from yet another timeline to steal Doom's power and gets wrecked in 2 minutes.
-
Do you still want to see Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4?
YES! Please!
-
Can the MCU offer a faithful adaptation of the Hand?
I would be fine with them ignoring Defenders. That said, the creative overhaul of Born Again was aimed at reinforcing the continuity... Since Born Again Season 3 will probably release before Secret Wars, which is before the "reboot," I fear they will try to explain the difference and make things even messier.
-
Can the MCU offer a faithful adaptation of the Hand?
The latest rumors say the Hand will somehow be involved in Daredevil: Born Again Season 3. Since now the Netflix era is canon to the Sacred Timeline, they can't just erase the poor way they dealt with the Hand in Iron Fist and Defenders... Still, I would love a faithful adaptation of the hand, with Beast and demonic powers. How do you think they can retcon the Hand into the MCU?