Everything posted by Marco Vito Oddo
-
Which Gaming TV Show Are You Most Excited For?
At least now they can do a Sonic and fix things. That turned out so great that it should be an industry gold standard.
-
Are movie trailers showing too much lately?
Yes. If I don't have to watch something for work, I tend to pass on trailers, because I'm getting tired of getting angry at bad marketing decisions. I still think about how Thor Ragnarok could have saved the Hulk surprise, for instance.
-
What movies are you most excited to see this March?
The first Ready or Not is so good! I'm super excited about the sequel.
-
Sex Criminals (Matt Fraction/Chip Zdarsky) is amazing!
I finished Sex Criminals, btw... What a wild ride! The comic drags a little in the middle, as they try to figure out where they're going, but the ending was great! I got into the comic for the dick jokes, but it offered a deeply emotional ride.
-
Which Gaming TV Show Are You Most Excited For?
Everyone who answered God of War before THAT image, you can change your answer... No one could have imagined it would look so weird 😅
-
Sex Criminals (Matt Fraction/Chip Zdarsky) is amazing!
White House Robot Romance is great!
-
Can Sony really reboot its live-action Spider-Man movies without the MCU?
Hopefully! I would love that, but I don't trust Sony that much.
-
Netflix and WBD is No More, Welcome to Paramount WBD
In a couple of years, we'll get the Superman Paramount Cut, where Supes defends Boravia from the vicious terrorists trying to steal their land, with the funding of true patriot and self-made man Lex Luthor. Netflix has MANY issues, but meddling with creative endeavors due to political alignment is not one of them.
-
Which DC Characters Do You Want An Absolute Book For Next?
That could make a great miniseries!
-
Do you think Dune: Part 3 and Avengers: Doomsday both stick to their December 18 release dates?
Yeah, any of them changing the dates is a sign of weakness, as the message would be "our movie is not good enough to compete with X." I think the only way out would be for both studios to sit down and decide together to change both dates, but that's never going to happen. As is, they will try to make Dunesday happen, but since they are definitely reaching for the same audience, that can't work too well.
-
Which Gaming TV Show Are You Most Excited For?
Magic: The Gathering is my pick. I think it can be like Arcane, building a wonderful story around a game where lore is secondary.
-
Which DC Characters Do You Want An Absolute Book For Next?
I think, after yesterday's Absolute Wonder Woman, there's a potential to make an Absolute Zatanna and explore the magic corner of this universe.
-
Can Sony really reboot its live-action Spider-Man movies without the MCU?
Yeah, this. The villains, sidekicks, and supporting characters' identity is inextrinsically tied to Spider-Man. Removing Spdier-Man means changing what fans like about a certain character. That just can't work!
-
Can Sony really reboot its live-action Spider-Man movies without the MCU?
Apparently, Sony is closing the page on its failed villain universe and is willing to start fresh with a reboot of live-action movies... I'm not sure that can work, unless these new movies are set in the MCU and made in partnership with Marvel Studios. Spider-Man movies without Spider-Man are doomed to fail, and given how popular Tom Holland and the MCU are, it wouldn't make sense to have a parallel franchise running at the same time. Unless they focus on the Spider-Verse, like with Spider-Noir. What do you think about it?
-
Sex Criminals (Matt Fraction/Chip Zdarsky) is amazing!
I won't post any art from the comic book series because we are trying to keep this place SFW. However, this weekend I grabbed the compedium and finally decided to give it a try... I haven't finished the whole series yet, but it's already on my Top 10. It's fun and lighthearted, but surprisingly profound when it comes to sexuality. The premise is comedy gold (people who can stop time after orgasming decide to rob a bank), but I was not expecting it to have so much sensibility in dealing with things like birth control pills, antidepressant effects on libido, the taboo of women's orgasms, masturbation, assexuality... It uses a comedy frame to deliver a brilliant exploration of sexuality that's really kind and understanding. Has anyone else read Sex Criminals? What are your thoughts about it?
-
Absolute Batman enjoyers, how did you like Poison Ivy's design?
I would love to read that too! Hopefully, the success of Absolute allows him to explore other takes on the DC universe.
-
Hot Take: Favorite Joker
Yeah, I also think that's a totally valid choice.
-
What Is Your Favorite Vertigo Comic?
If we tap into lesser-known titles, I want to throw Scalped in the ring. Great crime saga!
-
Absolute Batman enjoyers, how did you like Poison Ivy's design?
I think that's related to Snyder's sensibilities. He's a massive horror enthusiast and is constantly exploring horror outside DC. Since he seems to have had carte blanche for Absolute, I think he just decided to make Batman into a horror-tinged comic book. I like it, I think it fits a hero who classically uses fear as a weapon. Now I'm really curious about Scarecrow.
-
Are you looking forward to Scream 7?
I was skeptical about SCREAM, and it turned out great! I was even more skeptical about Scream IV, and I also loved it. Even though I'm not that excited about the new installment, this franchise doesn't have a single bad movie imo, so I will hopefully be proved wrong once more.
-
Resident Evil Requiem Hype Check
I'll wait for a detailed analysis on how it runs on the Switch 2 before I get it. My PC can't handle it, so if the Switch 2 version isn't great, I'll wait before I get this one.
-
It's Happening! Will You Be Playing Pokemon LeafGreen or FireRed on Switch?
Honestly, I'll wait and see. If feels a bit overpriced if there are no improvements, as this was supposed to be part of the NSO subscription. I'm curious to know how they handle Pokémon HOME integration and if there'll be other perks.
-
Absolute Batman enjoyers, how did you like Poison Ivy's design?
Finally, one of the gals gets to be a horrifying monster! The story is kinda dumb with the "mix all the DNA together" excuse, but that's the average for Absolute Batman. It's still incredibly cool to see Batman wielding double chainshaws and a flamethrower. How did you like this week's issue?
-
What Is Your Favorite Vertigo Comic?
Y The Last Man is one of the gaps I have in my reading... I know I must read it, I want to read it, but it's hard to juggle everything.
-
Who is your favorite DC or Marvel couple?
Arguably, one of the first (if not THE first) queer couple in comic books, thanks to Grant Morrison's fantastic Doom Patrol run (although Mallah was already queer-coded in his Swamp Thing appearance a coupleof years before that). They are absolutely wacky together, because it's a disembodied brain and a smart gorilla, but somehow they have a relationship that's loving, tender, and heartfelt.