Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marco Vito Oddo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Marco Vito Oddo

  1. This one is almost standalone. If you watched Iron Man 3 and Shang-Chi, you are all set. I highly recommend you bump this one on your watchlist.
  2. First time I disagree with you on the forum, Spencer... I think we need to rediscuss our relationship 😆 I think Spider-Man wins, but Batman also has some great villains beyond the Joker. Two-Face, Bane, Riddler, Ra's, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, The Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Hugo Strange, and Clayface are all top-tier villains, imo. Without the Joker, that's already 10 fantastic villains better than most heroes get. Even the B-List has some villains I would argue are great, like the Ventriloquist, Mad Hatter, and Professor Pig.
  3. Monsieur Mallah and the Brain!
  4. My pull list of the week includes Absolute Batman #17, Exquisite Corpses #10, and Smile for the Camera #1. I'm still thinking about grabbing a copy of White Sky, but I'm still on the fence. I'll probably stop at my comic book shop this weekend, and if they still have a copy, I might snatch it. Outside the regular comic circuit, this week I also got my digital copy of Frost Bitten, coming from a Kickstarter campaign. It's looking good! (Everything is still unread because life never stops, but I'll hopefully get into my pull list this evening.)
  5. Preacher was one of the first comic books I read back to back, from the first to the last issue. I really like this series. It has some arcs better than others, but it's among the best things Ennis ever made.
  6. Welcome! If you like Superman, I would say that All-Star Superman by Grant Morrison is a must.
  7. I finally got the time to watch Wonder Man last weekend (binged the whole thing non-stop, it's so good!). I think using Damage Control as an overarching villain can be interesting, like a reverse SHIELD. They just need to be careful not to retread the same path as they did with Valentina (and which led nowhere).
  8. Yeah, that's actually my concern. If they try to fit a season structure into a movie, it might not work.
  9. Yeah, I agree. Tynion is a great writer, he's absolutely amazing with dialogue and character... But when it comes to long arcs, he often loses himself and then goes after the next shining thing. Things like Nice House work better, imo, because the arcs are self-contained.
  10. I have nothing new to add. Downey Jt. is a competent performer who'll do something interesting with the role (I hope), but this is a stunt, and it will absolutely suck if this turns out to be THE Doctor Doom of the MCU. They already ruined so many great villains (Malekith is unforgivable!). I wish they did better with Doom.
  11. This weekend, I finally read the latest W0rldtr33 issue, and the series is losing me. I usually like Tunion, and while he has a cinematic approach to comic books, he often manages to deliver engaging comic book stories that are appropriate to the medium. Then, there's W0rldtr33. There are currently three separate timelines. There are FIVE key groups of characters, each group with multiple individuals, each individual with different motivations, backstories, and goals... As a result, the issues just chose to ignore part of the story, simply because you can't fit everything in a reduced number of pages. What's worse is that, 18 issues in, I still don't know exactly what the main story is. Is it the W0rldtr33 members' efforts to prevent the apocalypse? Or is it the post-apocalypse story of rebuilding the world? It's like Tynion can't choose and keep changing the focus, while ignoring the characters we were told were central in the first arc. The pacing has been quite bad on this series, and the fact not even Tynion can keep track of everything (like how many children a character has, or what's her husband's name) suggests he might have lost control of this one...
  12. There have been rumors of a new movie or TV show for over a decade. Honestly, I won't believe it until I see an actual trailer. Which is insane, given how the HBO Spawn series was so good!
  13. I would only switch Predators with Predator 2, but that's a solid ranking!
  14. I had a weird experience with it. I played it for a review, so I had to binge the whole thing as fast as possible. The first route didn't impress me. Gameplay was solid, but it didn't feel too inventive, and the story was kinda bland. Then, the second route completely subverts expectations. Then the third route blows your mind! I kinda wished the first route was shorter, because it felt too much of a chore to pour so many hours into Nier: Automata for the game to truly start.
  15. I really love the first one! That said, I think not every joke lands, especially because some jokes are quite repetitive. For instance, there's a recurring bit of someone saying, "X could never happen," and then the thing happens immediately. The music is great, the animation is beautiful, it has a strong emotional core... I just wish they would improve their humor a bit.
  16. That's a wonderful haul! Let me know what you think of Bleeding Hearts. I'm curious about it.
  17. Black and white! I don't even understand them offering a color version, from an artistic point of view. The whole concept of the character is that he comes from a black and white world and can't understand colors...
  18. This! I was thinking there would not be any other major character, which was a bummer, as the fun of alternate universes is to add new spins to familiar faces. Now I'm excited!
  19. I read your preview, and I was so happy! I pre-ordered the game as a gift for my girlfriend, since she's absolutely crazy about Pokémon and Animal Crossing... But I was afraid it would be a shallow game, from the reveal trailer. Now I'm pumped!
  20. I still haven't read my weeklies, but I have Absolute Wonder Woman Annual and W0rldtr33 #18 waiting for me! What did you get, @FantasticJerome ?
  21. Hear, hear! I agree with you. The YouTubers are just people who know a lot about editing and pacing, and are applying their experience to a different medium. In the end, what makes good movies is passion, and indie creators have a lot of that (and a lot less executive interference).
  22. The kid chewing the knife must be the most disturbing thing I ever seen in a horror movie.
  23. I absolutely adore Talk to Me. So many great moments, but the musical scene where the camera spins while everyone takes their turn using the cursed hand lives rent-free in my head.
  24. I remember watching Birds of Prey in theaters and having a great time, and I still don't understand how this movie bombed so hard. This and Aquaman making past 1 billion are the two biggest mysteries of the DCEU era, imo.
  25. It's hard to choose a single scene, but since no one mentioned it yet, Théoden's speech when Rohan's army reaches Gondor. "Ride for ruin and the world's ending! Death! Death! Death!" Also, when the extended cuts were released, the scene of Faramir losing Osgiliath and retreating to the scene was SO GOOD! It makes Faramir a layered character and helps flesh out his relationship with Boromir.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.