Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

saperry

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by saperry

  1. The wildest thing about it, and I can't help but wonder if I feel this way because of the shift in episode count last season, is that this episode didn't feel like a season premiere, it felt like the ending to Season 2.
  2. But shouldn't the cover of Amazing Spider-Man #1000 not even be in the conversation for "potentially worst you've ever seen"
  3. Someone added Alfred E Newman from MAD Magazine and it's almsot too perfect
  4. Word started going around last week that Marvel had pulled the JRJR cover for this fall's Amazing Spider-Man #1000 after everyon had been clowning on it. Now it's been revealed they're keeping it, but curious everyone's thoughts. It IS a ridiculous cover, right?
  5. The good news is that it doesn't have to match Superman. The DCU is already going, so even if this one is a break-even movie for the studio it's not a loss
  6. Thats my hangup too, the OG supporting cast get barely anything to do
  7. Hell yeah, gotta hunt those down
  8. Graham Greene (RIP) Dances with Wolves, Die Hard with a Vengeance, The Green Mile. One of his last roles was in the TV show The Lowdown, which he's amazing in
  9. saperry posted a topic in Movies
    I don't mean Stan Lee in any of the Marvel movies, I mean a cameo that genuinely surprised you when it happened or which stands out because it's so wild. Something like Bill Murray as himself in Zombieland or Bob Barker in Happy Gilmore. Personally, my pick is Gene Hackman in Young Frankenstein.
  10. Are there any Daredevil cards? I always look anytime I see but haven't found one
  11. The added Jessie stuff made it a necessary addition to the sequel IMO, so, so good
  12. All right, it's here, and once again I think Pixar proved the doubters wrong. It's not the best of the franchise but Toy Story 5 confirms these movies are solid no matter what. What did everyone else think?
  13. saperry replied to saperry's topic in TV
    You're absolutely right that this decision is clearly being made one way and then the release pattern doesn't reflect it later. Great call
  14. saperry replied to Shvinji's topic in Movies
    I think No Way Home proved that a lot of people DID like him! I think based on how overstuffed the second one was, the third one would have doubled down on the worst elements.
  15. saperry replied to Logan Moore's topic in Gaming
    I'm pretty excited about it. The problem is what you said: there's obscene hype for this one. For everything like this that comes out now, even if it does end up being great, there will be contrarian takes. In the end, I think it's going to be an Earth-shaking game if only because they've been working on it for so long. People are going to be playing and discovering things about this for years.
  16. The first trailer definitely had more IMO, like specific images that recreated comic book covers, but I do think it's worth noting that Ned's board of trying to figure out Spider-Man's identity proves he's pretty far on the case. I do like that he wrote "white?" for ethnicity.
  17. A sequel to How the Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey returning is finally happening. Any initial thoughts beyond "cash grab" by anyone else?
  18. saperry replied to saperry's topic in TV
    I think it's safe to say that we've settled the debate here, and that everyone should go back to weekly releases.
  19. I think any media made for women that makes boring men uncomfortable is a net positive
  20. I'm going to cross my fingers I'm still on the advanced screenings list when this one rolls around, because I think everything is basically sold out. Hype for movie ticket sales struck me as funny the other day because I remember when we had to wait in line at the theater
  21. Widow's Bay is hands down my favorite new show this year, it's hilarious and tense and manages to find the perfect balance between the two, but after that Season 1 finale...what's next?! I do love that each episode kind of tackled a different horror trope in a way, and given the distinct comparisons to The Cabin in the Woods, I hope there's an episode about a haunted cabin in Season 2
  22. saperry replied to saperry's topic in TV
    I think this thread is proving you're not in the minority!
  23. I'm not sure I ever even saw them to be honest...
  24. I'm not squeamish in the slightest, but I was genuinely surprised how much blood was in that trailer haha. Which is my way of saying, yes, I'm getting it day one

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.