Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

saperry

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by saperry

  1. I think it could really work as long as it actually tries to keep up the idea of lampooning Bond. The Craig movies famously had to get more serious because of AP, so I think it would be really funny if the series used that as fodder for more jokes. I assume they won't, though, and will just play the hits. That said, I'd still watch
  2. I think it's 2 for me, the way that it flips the script on the first is still the most clever plot they've come up with.
  3. I think they're good too, definitely improves on already good designs
  4. The first teaser trailer for Shrek 5 is here, so what do we think?! Seems to me that it still has the edge of Shrek as a series overall, but I'm not convinced it can fully recapture the magic of the original two.
  5. Doom variants makes sense, but I hope they're not famous people specifically cast for the surprise, you know? Just let them be other people behind a mask and not a stand in who will be...i don't know, voiced by Stanley Tucci in post.
  6. Anyone else see the new Spielberg, and what'd you think? For me, it really worked. I liked the larger theme of empathy being the advanced emotion that the aliens recognized, which felt timely given the hellworld we live in.
  7. Honestly, I think it stands a good chance. The Academy's new membership have shown a willingness to acknowledge genre, and this being one of the biggest hits of the year will have it on people's radar. Also helps that Jason Blum is a producer, he knows how to get his stuff nominated
  8. I am tragically, once again, toiling in the Overwatch ranked mines since it's "Drives" weekend ahead of a new season. That said, I'm eager to jump back into 007 for the challenges and TAC-SIM missions; it's a fun game!
  9. Yes! I do this all the time with comics
  10. Love your style! Reminds me of Eric Powell
  11. The library!
  12. saperry replied to saperry's topic in Movies
    Oh man, imagine how different that corner of the MCU would be now.
  13. I can't argue with that, though! Sounds like a blast
  14. saperry replied to saperry's topic in TV
    I can definitely see the appeal here, but also find that it means things get left behind! Poor Spider-Noir feels left in the dust right now
  15. News has hit about another Transformers movie that's happening, but the question has to be asked....what gas is left in the tank? It's easy to see the appeal of the series, but there are clearly diminishing returns, and insane continuity to work within. So what do people even want to see in these movies beyond the new Paramount owners wanting a billion dollar hit?
  16. saperry posted a topic in TV
    This is always a hot topic imo, but let's get an official poll. What's the best way to watch TV? I think a new hit like Widow's Bay proves that weekly drops of TV are still the best way to watch TV, plus the full season drop of Spider-Noir having come and gone with barely a blip, cements that.
  17. I agree, but I am also afraid of what a WALL-E sequel would be, HA
  18. To be frank, the leap in quality from Winnie the pooh: blood and honey 1 to Winnie the pooh: blood and honey 2 is astonishing
  19. Considering we're about to get Toy Story FIVE, it seems a little unfair that some of these Pixar movies never got SOMETHING. Limiting the pool a little here, but which of these needs a sequel the most? Personally, I'm voting A Bug's Life, I think a modern sequel could look amazing given the leap in CG animation quality
  20. saperry replied to Valdezology's topic in TV
    WIDOW'S BAY! But also, Slow Horses is incredible and there's nothing on TV quite like For All Mankind
  21. Went to see Obsession at 10 AM on Sunday because I knew there would be no one there LOL
  22. I've seen all of these, and while most of them are dreck, you can see the potential in some. I think if someone thought about what kind of story they were telling with a horror redo of these it could really work, but for the most part these are on par with your '80s video store made for VHS movies
  23. saperry posted a topic in Movies
    I finally saw Obsession this week and in the many jokes I've made to my wife about the One Wish Willow, I know for a fact people would use it to make changes to the MCU. So what are you wishing for? Personally, more Hulk movies.
  24. I disagree, it's a very good game but I think Donkey Kong is the best game

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.