Everything posted by saperry
-
What's the Biggest day for movie fans ever? (And Why It's June 8, 1984)
This IS a good one, a very '90s one, but a good call
-
What's the Biggest day for movie fans ever? (And Why It's June 8, 1984)
I am also in this camp, so even though I can recognize this date is good, it's not the same for me
-
What's the Biggest day for movie fans ever? (And Why It's June 8, 1984)
Brain farts come for us all I'm afraid
-
What's the Biggest day for movie fans ever? (And Why It's June 8, 1984)
Yeah, Dark Knight/Mamma Mia wasn't a thing at the time (I worked at a theater that had both, so it WAS crazy busy, but the audiences were pretty divided). Now though that would be an EVENT
-
What's the Biggest day for movie fans ever? (And Why It's June 8, 1984)
Is there a day that looms larger in Hollywood than June 8, 1984, the day that both Gremlins AND Ghostbusters were released? I make the case for a few others here, but wondering if there's one I forgot. Will Dunesday this year be bigger?
-
Nintendo Direct June 2026 - What do you want to see?
A new mainline Mario game would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath at all. At the very least something that makes dropping the money on a Switch 2 worth it
-
Summer Game Fest Reactions
New Cuphead is exciting, but that Wolf Among Us surprise got a gasp out of me
-
Masters of the Universe (2026) - What'd you think?
I told the rep afterward, if I'm ever watching this movie again something terrible has happened in my life
-
Masters of the Universe (2026) - What'd you think?
Admittedly, MOTU was never my franchise, but I found the new movie pretty charming and fun at times (even if tonally it didn't always work). Curious where everyone else landed, especially if this was one of your franchises growing up.
-
Beware of.... the copyright symbol?
Hahaha this rocks. Feels like something that someone would make an important part of the lore decades later
-
What new series are you most excited about?
X-Men '97 Season 2! Looks amazing, best thing Marvel has done in years
-
Which comic characters should have remained dead? I'll start with Elektra.
If they did this now people would riot, but you're right, they pulled it off perfectly
-
Jim Starlin Comics
This might be the way to read anything with the New Gods hahaha
-
Anyone picking up Liam Sharp's Starhenge Book 2?
I'll have to check this out! Loved his Batman book with Ennis
-
Disclosure Day Hype Check
It's Spielberg, so I'm going to see it, but I mostly gotta know whats up with the friendly animals
-
Who should play SPOILER in Masters of the Universe 2 (if it happens)?
We were talking about this afterward, and I feel like it'll end up being someone that hasn't had a big movie break, so I'm going with Erin Moriarty (who is the same age as Nicholas Galitzine!)
-
Which Marvel villains do you think the MCU wasted?
I think all your examples are great too, evidence that the bad villains of recent days aren't par for the course. The real question will be Downy's Doom, does he buck the trend or convicne people that it was never a problem?
-
What TV plot twist shocked you the most?
"Doesn't look like anything to me..." A line I still think about, and one I can't even say in real life anymore
-
I can't believe Stargate's been cancelled!
This was my thinking! Feels like just months ago they announced it! Makes you wonder how out of touch the execs are (or...how bad the pitch was)
-
Would you rather see The Mandalorian & Grogu 2, The Mandalorian Season 4, or neither?
I feel like the only way I want to see Mando back in any capacity is if someone else is steering the ship. Favreau and Filoni have had their fun, let's let someone inject actual stakes into this story
-
What the hell is happening in this Man of Tomorrow scene after new footage of Lex Luthor is revealed?
I'm thinking it starts as Superman fighting Brainiac (or Brainiac controlled people) and Luthor steps in
-
Which Marvel villains do you think the MCU wasted?
It's funny that this was the talking point for so long, Thanos kind of cured it for a minute, but now it's back to being true 😂
-
Bringing Johto to the Modern Era: A Call for HeartGold and SoulSilver on Switch
If you don't have leaks, I don't think so lol
-
Should they keep making Middle-Earth movies and TV series?
I feel like it's always going to get a bit of a draw, which, as we know, is why Hollywood always goes back to the well, but this feels over to me, just let it end!
-
Bringing Johto to the Modern Era: A Call for HeartGold and SoulSilver on Switch
Would love to see this too, feels inevitable but who can really predict Nintendo?