Everything posted by Nicole Drum
-
The Defenders Are Back??!
I know I had to do a triple take to make sure we weren't still being April Fool's pranked, but it looks like we really are getting the Defenders back (check out the story here). How do we all feel about this? It's pretty exciting. Wild this is how we found out about it, but I know a lot of folks are excited for this to happen.
-
Movie Recommendations (A Hypothetical Situation)
Counting the whole trilogy as one movie is the only real correct way to do it.
-
Movie Recommendations (A Hypothetical Situation)
Let's have a little fun for a moment. Someone appears in your world who has been in a coma for the past 26 years or is somehow otherwise culturally unaware of things that have happened during that time. What are the three movies you suggest to them that best represent the time they're missing?
-
What Spider-Man/Superman Crossover Story Are You Most Excited About?
We just got our first look at Brian Michael Bendis' story in the upcoming Spider-Man/Superman crossover (you can check it out here). It's just one of the stories in the issue, but it seems pretty cool. Which of the stories in the issue are you most looking forward to?
-
Will You Buy a PS6 If It Costs $700-$800
Honestly? Probably yes, I'll just have to plan for it. We haven't bought a new console in ages and played the crap out of the ones we have had. Since we're not the sort of people who go out and buy the new thing each time it comes out, our systems are more like investments anyway so I'd probably be willing to go around $800 if I knew we were going to utilize it for as long as we typically do.
-
Is It Ever Too Soon For Horror Movies?
April is pretty much here (and may well be here depending on when you're reading this) and I'm already starting to see a lot of people talking about horror binge watches and things like that. As someone who loves all things spooky, I say you can never have enough but it makes me wonder: is it ever too soon for spooky time when it comes to movies?
-
Now that we're past the halfway mark, what do you think of Scrubs Season 10?
I have event started watching this. I think I'm just reluctant to do so after Scrubs (admittedly watched in syndication) was such a big part of my ritual when I worked overnights so it's sort of a time capsule for me. I might check it out eventually but I don't know.
-
You can only keep one… which do you choose?
Books are always the win for me and I'm not even upset about it. Give me a book any day and I am a very happy human being.
-
Check Out My Nerd Office/Collection (Part 1 lol)
Now THIS is how you make a nerd shrine.
-
You can only keep one… which do you choose?
You forgot regular books/novels... which would be my choice because there are worlds upon worlds upon worlds in books. ;)
-
Where Do You Do Most of Your Gaming?
My phone, unless I can pry the Switch away from the kid.
-
What do you think of the Harry Potter trailer?
I think it looks really good. The kids seem well cast. Unfortunately, my issues with JKR put a pretty dark cloud over this one for me.
-
We're getting another new Lord of the Rings Movie!
I think Colbert's love of the material might just be the thing that makes it worthwhile. If anyone else were doing it, I would be arching an eyebrow so sharply but Colbert is practically scholarly about things so I have great hope.
-
We're getting another new Lord of the Rings Movie!
So, WB just announced that there's going to be another new LOTR movie -- and Stephen Colbert is writing it. How do y'all feel about that? I'm actually pretty excited -- Colbert's love of LOTR makes this feel like a perfect choice.
-
If you woke up in the world of the last TV show or movie you watched, where are you and how would you fare?
Honestly? Probably depends on the disaster.
-
Favorite new movie/TV show of 2026 so far?
Project Hail Mary. It's a perfect movie. It wrecked me.
-
What are your thoughts on the Buffy cancellation drama?
I never watched Buffy so I don't have a lot of opinions generally, but it seems to me like there was a lot of behind the scenes mess here and maybe the cancellation was a good thing.
-
If you woke up in the world of the last TV show or movie you watched, where are you and how would you fare?
Oh no, I last watched an episode of Air Disasters....
-
What fictional item would you want in real life?
I want Wonder Woman's invisible jet.
-
If Batman existed in real life, would they arrest him or let him operate?
They'd arrest him because he's doing more for crime than the actual authorities.
-
What is up with the weird trailer releases?
So the Spider-Man trailer is being broken up into pieces and distributed in that weird way. There was the weird way Doomsday stuff was rolled out. We're getting Dune 3 on TikTok. What is going on with all that? I fully understand that the classic put a trailer on TV thing is less effective because we all cut the cord and live on devices now, but this -- specifically the chopping things up like a low budget scavenger hunt seems weird and honestly, doesn't make me excited about the movie. Am I alone in this? Have I just gotten That Old?
-
Pokemon For Absolute Beginners
This might save my sanity.
-
Pokemon For Absolute Beginners
Well, it finally happened. My child is into Pokemon. I found cards in his backpack -- I guess some of his friends have been giving them to him. Help me figure out how to support this -- how does one get into Pokemon?
-
What are you hoping for from this week's Firefly announcement?
I have to be honest: I never got into Firefly so I genuinely do not understand the hype. THAT SAID, I am going to be deeply annoyed if they just decide to do a rewatch podcast. I doubt we're getting a reboot or a sequel or a revival and I fear whatever they are coming up with will probably disappoint, but even as someone who never got into Firefly, I am begging, no podcast.
-
WALL-E
If you are very diligent on eBay you can find them from time to time!