Everything posted by saperry
-
The Super Mario Galaxy Movie - What Did You Think?!
Honestly, felt this was an improvement over the first movie but it's still very much that Illumination style of movie that barely has a story and too many characters. Animation looks good, but there's just something missing! What did everyone else think?
-
Hero or Villain
I feel like there's zero chance he doesn't appear as an Iron Man variant in Secret Wars. How the other heroes react when they finally see his face will be telling, but I find it hard to imagine it will be a major "plot point" rather than just an emotional moment
-
Movies You Regretted Not Seeing in Theaters
Mine are mostly pandemic-related, like Black Widow. I'd seen every MCU movie in the theater up until that point, and that one broke the streak.
-
Are you planning to watch Masters of the Universe?
MOTU was before my time, so it's just never been one of my franchises. I'm going to need to hear people saying it's the best film of the summer to even consider it.
-
What movie would you most want to see with a live orchestra performing the music?
Also, the fire
-
Super Smash Bros. Movie
If it takes its cues from The LEGO Movie in that regard, it might be okay! Illumination's output does not inspire me that they'll consider something even remotely creative though
-
What movie would you most want to see with a live orchestra performing the music?
Oh man, I bet this rocked. Mad Max: Fury Road feels like the right answer
-
Super Smash Bros. Movie
All the talk of Fox McCloud being in Super Mario Galaxy Movie naturally has people convinced that Smash Bros. is going to become a movie. I can see it happening, but, truly, what's the story behind this? Is it just Mortal Kombat for kids and with a giant evil glove?
-
Daredevil: Born Again season 2 premiere discussion thread
I was worried after the opening for sure, felt like if Daredevil was a network show
-
Do You Want a Project Hail Mary Sequel?
Yeah, there's no story left. Grace lives on Erid, and Earth is saved! I can see a Hollywood-style sequel where they have to go out and fight Super Astrophage and meet another alien together, but it would be terrible
-
Pitch me your favorite show! (Need a new series to binge)
FOR ALL MANKIND Alternate history sci-fi where the crux of the plot is that Russia is the first country to put a man on the moon, spurring a generations-long space race that completely upends our world's politics and expectations. Season 5 just started, and the first four seasons are 10 a piece (my favorite elements are that each season ends with a flash-forward to the next season, and each one starts with a recap of all the alt-history that took place in-between seasons).
-
A Sequel So Unnecessary the First Movie Is Worse?
lmao what a great question Any of the I KNow What You Did Last Summer sequels fit this
-
Where Do You Do Most of Your Gaming?
My brain is scrambled eggs thanks to playing on PC, Switch 2, PS5, and my phone 😂
-
What cult classic movie do you just not like?
I'm with you, BORING!
-
Daredevil: Born Again season 2 premiere discussion thread
I loved the unmasking in the last scene since it seemed like such a daring idea, but my jaw did hit the floor when Bullseye killed everyone 😂
-
I think the MCU peaked with Thanos
They're definitely going to try and force this, but I just can't help but get the sinking feeling that it's not going to work. It'll connect some just because of the stars involved, but you're right, the build-up to this just isn't the same
-
I think the MCU peaked with Thanos
After Thanos in the Infinity Saga, I just don't see how Marvel can compete with themselves in the future. Kang went nowhere and Doom is getting one movie with no set-up. Maybe Magneto can match Thanos when they reboot the X-Men, but seriously, they set their own bar too high
-
What cult classic movie do you just not like?
Honestly, the original Blade Runner. I get its place in film history, i get the importance of it all, but it's just really not for me
-
Switch 2 games
Feels like a century since a new Mario game, where is that one
-
What are your favorite thought-provoking sci-fi movies?
I think The Matrix is my answer, but the sequels even more so. I feel like they get a bad wrap anyway, but the ways they expanded the lore and present new questions are so fascinating
-
PROJECT HAIL MARY - What Did You Think?!
Who's headed out to see Project Hail Mary this weekend? Curious what everyone thinks given the tidal wave of hype around it . Personally, I really enjoyed it. I previously listened to the excellent audiobook (highly recommend) so I was a little predisposed to liking it. About my only criticism is that they have to condense so much from the book that some of the flashbacks to Earth aren't as substantive as they are in the novel.
-
Who is Sadie Sink playing in Spider-Man: Brand New Day?
Yeah, the Jean Grey scuttlebutt is looking more and more likely, and this trailer contributed more to it than the December leak. I think they're trying to hide her, too, just to keep it under wraps, even though they know it's out there. I feel like if she was playing someone else, any kind of other villain, they would just say it. That's circumstantial evidence, but when it comes to movies like this, it has some weight.
-
Best movie so far in 2026
28 Years Later: The Bone Temple gets my vote. I loved Project Hail Mary quite a bit too, but Bone Temple was unlike anything I've seen in ages.
-
What are your thoughts on the Buffy cancellation drama?
I'm not surprised to hear that Zhao made something that didn't work, her sensibilities are not exactly mainstream, but on the flipside it's sad to see SMG in such heavy damage control over its failure. It's all gotten so messy at this point, almost makes you wish they'd never even tried.
-
Hardest You've Ever Laughed in the Theater?
I think it might be in Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping when he's signing the guy's penis inside the limousine. I was doubled over laughing in the ear of the guy sitting in front of me, who was sitting there totally stonefaced, which only made it better.