Everything posted by saperry
-
Who is the most famous superhero from your state?
In Captain Marvel, Nick Fury said that he was born in Huntsville, Alabama and I yelped in surprise 😂
-
Overwatch's FIVE New Heroes
I got the chance last week to not only learn about these new additions to the game but also PLAY THEM! Any fellow OW players here? And what's everyone think? Any of these going to bring you back to the game if you've left?
-
What’s your Scream movie ranking?
Mine's basically the same as yours (I might swap 2022 and 3), but there's an EXTREME gulf between Scream 4 and the ones after that 😂
-
January had some very fun movies!
This is why I'm convinced that September is the new dumping ground. January was actually great in 2026
-
What Do You Want to See in the Mando and Grogu Super Bowl Trailer?
Stakes is definitely something they need to make clear. If we've spent three years watching this at home, audiences NEED a reason to get out of the house and go. Think about any other TV show that has made the transition to a movie, there's always been a clear thing (for the successful ones) that showed how they were using that format to tell either a bigger story or do something they couldn't do before. Ironically, they dug themselves into a hole with the series by making it as cinematic as they could on TV, because now the movie just "looks like TV."
-
What are the must-read Batman books?
I think these are pretty good starting points for modern Bat-reading (Eternal in my view wasn't that great, but YMMV). Hush, White Knight and Gotham by Gaslight are a couple of others worth getting too.
-
If deadpool isnt in doomsday we boycott
Or maybe they just want to keep a few surprises for the audience
-
What are the must-read Batman books?
The two support beams for Batman still are Frank Miller's Year One and The Dark Knight Returns, which are basically mandatory. The Killing Joke has a similar place in the canon, but I would argue that it's been sullied by everything after it trying to pick up the baton and run with it. I think Grant Morrison's Batman run, starting with Batman into Batman and Robin and then Batman Incorporated, is the most singularly influential modern run on the character.
-
What do you think of the Stranger Things: Tales from '85 trailer?
The voices being different is a decision I understand practically, but man, it was weird hearing some of those come out of character we know as sounding a certain way 😂
-
Michael trailer is all glow,and no controversy
I'm not going to assume that they're just withholding that from the marketing; this is a spot that will almost certainly be on at the Super Bowl after all, but you're right, it does seem to be selling a glitzy storybook idea of Jackson. As an aside, I have a bit where I try to count how many times a movie says the title of the movie out loud, and this one might break me.
-
What comic character do you think works better outside their own solo series?
Honestly, I think it's Iron Man. His dynamic with other heroes is always super interesting, and I find him not that compelling on his own, at least in the comics .
-
Should there be more horror film versions of classic kids stuff?
That should be the title too, Scary Muppets
-
Should there be more horror film versions of classic kids stuff?
I think this is something that presents an exciting opportunity for storytellers and genre fans, but the trouble with them is how often they stick to just the same ideas. It's one thing to do a horror movie take on a known kids property, it's another to just do "What if X was a slasher movie," which is the formula almost all of them have taken. Horror Candyland seems like the right idea, that would have to be at least SOMETHING different. In fact, horror-takes on board games seems perfect see: Hungry Hungry Hippos and Operation.
- Villain
-
February 2026 Nintendo Direct Predictions/Hopes Thread
Yeah, a new Mario game, especially with the new movie coming out, would SEEM like an easy win, but this is also Nintendo we're talking about.
-
When Should PS6 Come Out?
The only reason I want a PS6 is so Jurassic World Evolution 3 can actually run properly 😂
-
Which Spider-man video game is the best?
Yeah I'm with Logan, that game was special
-
Can the MCU offer a faithful adaptation of the Hand?
They're best bet is to ignore how The Hand were handled in the Netflix show and start over. I think, given the tone of Born Agai,n they could do something close to Miller's original vision, but I also don't know how they'll be able to go from the current plot to something with The Hand so quickly
-
What comic character do you think is consistently miswritten?
For sure, it also doesnt help that we have decades of comics at our fingertips these days so we can find the holes immediately.
-
What comic character do you think is consistently miswritten?
Iron Man seems like one that flies under that radar. Given the character's arc of an arms dealer who gives it up but also becomes his greatest living weapon, I feel like there's a lot of repetition that comes with him.
-
Do you still want to see Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4?
The big problem is Sam barely makes movies anymore. He's made three in the last sixteen years. I know he's still got the juice, but considering the way the MCU has moved, I feel like it would be a sad swan song
-
What does the Terminator series need to get on track?
That's good too! At the very least it just needs to twist the formula more than "And this time....the bad guy can split himself in two?"
-
Blizzard's Big Tease
Blizzard has just launched this video looking back at their last 35 years and teasing what's next. What's everyone hoping to see? I'm the resident Overwatch person at ComicBook so I'm stoked to see what updates are coming for that, but furthermore I hope StarCraft finally gets something going (though probably not til BlizzCon)
-
Do you think Lucasfilm was right to cancel The Acolyte?
We can talk business semantics all day, but as someone who doesn't care if the Walt Disney Corporation makes money or not, I would have preferred it to keep going. It was different from the other shows and it didn't feel bogged down by lore from cartoons, plus it was more compelling to me than Skeleton Crew.
-
What did you think of Guillermo del Toro’s Frankenstein?
I loved it. I don't think it's in my top 5 for GDT, but what was clear is that it was a full accumulation of his entire career to get to this movie, and that there's always room for reinterpretation of something that seems like it's been done to death. Elordi was the real wildcard for me, I've liked him in stuff before but I thought he was incredible as the creature. (As an aside, before I saw the film, I had just re-watched Young Frankenstein, which meant two movies in the movie got a laugh out of me when they should not have)