Everything posted by saperry
-
Batman vs Captain America live action
I'm not even that much of a fan but Ben Affleck's Batman gives him a run for his money, and probably wins.
-
My Hot Take
Gotta agree, frankly, I never quite understood starter bashing
-
TMNT in the DCU
This alone would be worth it, Imagine the one-shot crossovers they could do like the recent Marvel/DC books. Plus, they can finally put Bebop and Rocksteady on the Suicide Squad.
-
TMNT in the DCU
The impending merger of Paramount and Warner Bros. means that, at a certain point, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles could find their way into the DC Universe in comics (and, maybe, on the big screen). What's the dynamic like when that happens? What city do they call home now? Will The Foot get taken over by the League of Assassins? So many possibilities.
-
Catching up on FOR ALL MANKIND
Season 5 of this series is coming out at the end of the month, so my wife and I have finally taken the plunge, and the series is well worth it. Anyone else watching? (or needing a reason to watch?) I promise it's great.
-
Danhausen is in WWE, and Everything Is Right With The World
Lmao love that Danhausen. I don't really keep up with wrestling but this will absolutely get me to tune in to Raw if he's just going to keep showing up and cursing people.
-
What’s your favorite movie poster?
I've thought about this one a lot, but I'm going with one of my favorite Hammer horror movies, because the poster makes it clear that this movie is A Hoot (it is)
-
Scream 7 - First Reactions?
Don't waste your time!
-
What movies are you most excited to see this March?
Project Hail Mary! Love the book and the movie looks like a stellar adaptation
-
Scream 7 - First Reactions?
It's genuinly hilarious that the big reveal of the new movie is "lady who read your book from three movies ago"
-
What did you think of the new Mortal Kombat II trailer?
It looks like a step up from the first movie, which was total dogshit imo, but at the same time it has to walk a fine line of realizing "this is all ridiculous" and knowing that a large sect of the fandom wants it to be taken deathly serious. The fact that it might be the best MK movie ever is an easy feat to accomplish, and one with little notoriety.
-
Do you think Dune: Part 3 and Avengers: Doomsday both stick to their December 18 release dates?
I think the reason Dune isn't afraid is that Marvel movies are notoriously front-loaded. They'll both keep the date, and even though Doomsday may "win" the box office, Dune will have great legs that carry on for weeks.
-
Netflix and WBD is No More, Welcome to Paramount WBD
No one buys Warner Bros. and still owns it for long. In the past thirty years they've had four corporate owners pass them around. History will repeat itself, but only after things get very, very bad
-
Scream 7 - First Reactions?
Anyone else see the new sequel? As someone that didn't care for 5 or 6, I didn't hate it, but they've genuinly run out of gas in the tank on this franchise man. It's almost sad how much they have to bend over to come up with a motive for the killers in this one.
-
What Oscar Wins Are You Rooting for This Year?
I don't think there's anything I'm actively rooting for, but I'm with you that an Amy Madigan win would be awesome. Same with Jacob Elordi for playing the Creature in Frankenstein, but supporting actor is a STACKED category this year.
-
Can Sony really reboot its live-action Spider-Man movies without the MCU?
I think it CAN work, but they need to have a stable person at the center of it all. Certain folks behind the scenes of every terrible Marvel movie out of Sony need to take a back seat and they need to find a voice that walks the line of giving audiences something they're actually interested in. Honestly, exploring the corners of the Spider-Verse like that might be the answer, but it all starts with the people calling the shots, meaning Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach have got to GO.
-
You've Suddenly Found Yourself a Character In a Comic. What Comic/Universe Are You In?
As much of a nightmare world as the HELLBOY universe would be for anyone who is a regular person, I've still got to pick that on the assumption that perhaps I will have a surprise super power or maybe come into the possession of a powerful sword.
-
What’s your favorite comic book saga that spans multiple books?
Going to go with the first one that came to mind: ROTWORLD Animal Man, Swamp Thing, and Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E. One of the better NEW 52 crossover events
-
Are you looking forward to Scream 7?
I'm dreading it, I didn't like the two most recent sequels and this one moving away from meta-commentary entirely feels like the series is about to collapse
-
Which X-Men are you most excited to see reinvented for the MCU?
BEAST! Would love to see an accurate take on him on the big screen (and maybe one that leads to his heel-turn)
-
What was the best Cartoon Network show?
Today marks the anniversary of What a Cartoon!'s premiere, which gave us so many hit shows, but what was the consensus best? My vote is Dexter's Lab.
-
It's Happening! Will You Be Playing Pokemon LeafGreen or FireRed on Switch?
It's definitely cool for fans that don't want to pay the current prices for those old cartridges, but since I have Let's Go Pikachu, I'm not sure I need to make the leap
-
Which comic character has the best villain gallery?
Batman's villains are boosted by the popularity of The Joker but once you get past the main like four they start losing steam. Spidey on the otherhand has a DEEP bench.
-
Thoughts on the House of the Dragon Season 3 trailer?
I'm pretty stoked for it to be back, but watching the trailer made me realize I should re-watch the first two seasons lmao. I definitely remember the conclusion they address in the trailer but with sprawling narratives like this (and gaps between episodes) I need a reminder haha
-
What Is Your Favorite Vertigo Comic?
I think it's Y The Last Man for me, kind of a perfect comic in that individual issues are a blast to read, but the whole thing is so engaging that you can't put it down if you have all of it in front of you.