Everything posted by ChrisA90
-
What's Going On With the Lanterns Trailer?
Jerry Seinfeld voice So what's the deal with the Lanterns trailer? First they pull it. Then they reshare it. Then right after that they make it private again. What is happening with this? So weird. Can't remember ever seeing something like this.
-
What Games Are You Excited to Play In May?
And I know it comes out tomorrow, but I'll also be playing Saros in May. Once I'm done with Pragmata, I'll move on to that one
-
What Games Are You Excited to Play In May?
007: First Light
-
If you could make one cancelled Star Wars movie a reality, what would it be?
I truly will never understand what happened here. I will never get my head around this. You'd think after years of not being able to get any new Star Wars movies off the ground, Disney would have leapt at the opportunity to green light a completed script with Steven Soderbergh attached to direct.
-
What movies and TV show releases are you most looking forward to in May?
Mando and Grogu and Spider-Noir!
-
Netflix Isn't Even Worth It Anymore
The only reason I keep my Netflix is in case I want to rewatch something like The Irishman or one of the Knives Out sequels haha. I watched Stranger Things, but I don't do any of their other shows.
-
Most Challenging Game You've Played?
This week sees the release of Saros, which naturally has me thinking about my time with Returnal, which is definitely the most challenging game I've played so far. My preference is to play games on easier difficulty settings because I play games for fun and I want to get the most out of my gaming time. I almost didn't get Returnal when I saw it didn't have difficulty settings, but I went through with it because I thought it looked really cool. My first playthrough was absolutely brutal lol. I died well over 100 times. I'm pretty sure everything killed me at least once (except the final boss, oddly enough). But I stuck with it and beat it. I've replayed Returnal a couple times since then and have died less in each subsequent playthrough. So a lot of the challenge just came lack of muscle memory. Honorable mention goes to Crash Bandicoot 4, specifically going for max completion. Those time trials made me want to pull my hair out. What are some of the most challenging games you've played?
-
Which missing MCU characters do you most want to see return in Avengers: Doomsday?
I would love a Kate Bishop/Yelena reunion. Their little conversation over mac and cheese is the best scene in Hawkeye.
-
If you could make one cancelled Star Wars movie a reality, what would it be?
Yeah, Rian's trilogy would have been great to see. I'll also pour one out for The Hunt for Ben Solo.
-
The Lanterns trailer has been taken down from the DC & HBO accounts… what does it mean?!
I'll second what Ben said. I think it's a sign they have a new trailer they're working on and will release soon. Doesn't change how strange this is.
-
How Much of a Completionist Are You?
When playing a game, do you try to do everything or are you more selective about the optional stuff? I've never been a full-blown completionist, but when I'm playing an open world game, I will seek out as many side quests as I can. I like getting the extra bits of story and character stuff since that can flesh out the world. But I stop short of trying to collect like every piece of lore or little collectible. I've never bothered to hunt down all the ravens in God of War, for instance. I don't care about getting all the trophies. I have like two Platinums lol. However, when I play a platformer, my mindset changes. I won't move on to the next level until I 100% and get everything. I think that's because platformers are built around collecting things, so I feel like I'm selling myself short if I don't go for max completion.
-
Does Star Wars have too many Order 66 survivors?
Yeah, as long as they keep the stories interesting, I'm okay with it. Like you said, there really aren't that many that we know about.
-
If You Had to Start Collecting Something Now, What Would It Be?
Lightsaber props from the Star Wars movies.
-
Do you think Lucasfilm was right to cancel The Acolyte?
Cancelling the show after that Plagueis reveal was such a tease. We waited all those years for live-action Plagueis, finally got it, and then they pulled the plug.
-
What do you think of the Clayface trailer?
I thought the trailer was great. I can't wait to see the movie. I just think it's really cool DC is taking a swing like this (mid-budget, R-rated horror movie) so early in its run.
-
Most Memorable Gaming Side Quests?
The Howard mission in Spider-Man 2 was very emotional. The ending of that hit me like a ton of bricks. Poignant way to wrap up a recurring storyline in those games. I also loved The Storm Blade in Ghost of Yotei because of all the connections to Ghost of Tsushima. That was just a really cool moment.
-
What movie or TV-related hill will you die on?
Spider-Man 3 is not as bad as its reputation suggests.
-
When will we see the Doomsday trailer?
The CinemaCon trailer in front of Mando and Grogu. Then they'll have another trailer for SDCC.
-
Would you rather The Mandalorian Season 4 was happening instead of a movie?
I'm looking forward to the movie, but part of me wonders if it would have been better to keep Mando as the Disney+ franchise and use Starfighter as the big relaunch of the Star Wars film franchise.
-
Avengers: Endgame Re-Release With Doomsday Footage: Yay or Nay?
So, Joe Russo shared that the Avengers: Endgame re-release this fall has new footage set within the Doomsday story that helps bridge the two together https://comicbook.com/movies/news/7-years-later-marvel-is-officially-changing-avengers-endgame-because-of-doomsday-so-you-need-to-see-it-again/ I get why they're doing this. It's an easy way to drum up interest in the Endgame re-release. But I'm hoping the extra footage is eventually added as a bonus on Disney+ or something because I'm not sure I want to plan a trip to the theater around a 3+ hour movie I can watch at home just to see some extra nuggets. Was wondering how everyone else felt on that front. This whole thing reminds me of the Big Bang Theory episode where they go to see the "extended version" of Raiders of the Lost Ark with 21 seconds of additional footage.
-
Where Is the Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes Sequel?
They said the next Apes movie was in the works in 2024 and it's been radio silence since. Maybe I missed something, but I don't think it was addressed at CinemaCon. I read the plan was a 2027 release, but that seems unlikely now. I love the Andy Serkis trilogy and I thought Kingdom was a nice continuation of that franchise. Hoping to see more soon.
-
Can you believe the Doomsday trailer DIDN’T drop 🥲
I think they'll attach it to Mando and Grogu next month. If they released it last night, it would have sucked all the air out of Mando's sails.
-
What do you think of The Mandalorian and Grogu's final trailer?
I agree. I really liked the trailer. I wish the two most recent trailers were the first two things they showed. Convo would be a bit different. I want this film to do well at the box office. Hope they give it the push it deserves over this last month.
-
Pragmata Hype Check
I remember seeing the reveal trailer for this game during the PS5 event in June 2020. Wild that it's finally here.
-
For Video Games, Are You Mostly Digital or Mostly Physical Releases?
When I got back into gaming in 2020, the first few games I got were physical. I had no idea digital was even an option. When I realized that, I went digital and didn't look back. I find it to be more convenient. The PlayStation Store is right there on the console. Plus I can swap between games without having to change discs. I hardly have enough room for my Blu-rays (the only physical media I still collect), so I don't need to try to find storage space for a bunch of video games too.