Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ChrisA90

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ChrisA90

  1. Everyone's excited for Dunesday, but did you know there's a new Jumanji movie coming out this December too? Not sure what Sony's thought process is here. I know the past two held their own against Star Wars movies, but it still seems crazy to me to put this out against Avengers and Dune. If it was or the other it would probably work, but I don't see how three major tentpoles can coexist in the same window. I'm sure Sony wants that holiday season box office money, but I think they should really move Jumanji out of December completely. Whether it opens a week before Dunesday or a week after, I think it's gonna get crushed.
  2. Lord of the Rings (I'm counting the full trilogy as one movie) The Social Network One Battle After Another Ask me tomorrow and I could have three completely different answers.
  3. I don't have any live service games in my rotation. I'm 100% a single player gamer. I just don't have the time to dedicate to a live service game to make it worthwhile. I'd rather use my pockets of gaming time for my story-driven games and platformers.
  4. I'm not sure there's much coming out this month that I'm all that interested in, honestly. I know it's technically a March release, but I'm planning on checking out Mike and Nick and Nick and Alice soon. That looks like fun.
  5. It might depend on if there are any games I'm interested in that are PS6 exclusives at launch. If, say, Spider-Man 3 is cross gen and has a PS5 version, I might stick with my PS5 for a while.
  6. Can't wait for Pragmata and Saros!
  7. I recently started another playthrough of Alan Wake. I'm hoping to do replays of the two Alan Wake games and Control before Control 2 comes out.
  8. My GOTG 3 trauma just came flooding back (Krypto is Rocket). If the Krypto stuff in the trailer can make me tear up, I can only imagine what the full movie is gonna do. I've already accepted that I will not be emotionally prepared for this. I was already sold on Supergirl, and this trailer just reaffirmed that. Can't wait for it. What a strong emotional hook. Let Kara go full John Wick on these villains.
  9. I've never been into MOTU, but I agree it looks fun, so I'll probably see it. Mostly so I have context if I have to write any articles about it afterwards lol. Very curious to see how this does in theaters. June is STACKED with Disclosure Day, Toy Story 5, and Supergirl. Plus you'll have holdover business from Mando and Grogu. Wonder if MOTU will get overshadowed a bit. I could see it becoming this year's Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves
  10. I'm not talking about movies that came out before you were born. This is for movies that you very easily could have gone to see in theaters and didn't, only to regret that choice when you finally watched it on home media. For example, I didn't see Sicario in theaters even though I loved Prisoners a couple years prior. Don't know what I was thinking there. I skipped Silence in theaters even though Scorsese is one of my favorite directors. Again, what was I thinking? There are plenty from that 2020-2021 period I would have loved to have seen in theaters, but I don't necessarily regret those because pandemic.
  11. La La Land would be a great choice. Any Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. Sam Raimi's Spider-Man so I can hear the opening title theme played live. Inception or Dark Knight.
  12. I would have to pick movies. It would pain me to say goodbye to gaming, but I can't live without movies haha.
  13. I rewatched the first RDJ Sherlock Holmes movie for the first time in years recently. I didn't like it as much as I did when I first saw it, but it was still a pretty fun time. If they brought the band back together for a third one of these (I can't believe it's been 15 years since the sequel), I'd go see it. RDJ and Jude Law are great together. But I'm also not clamoring for it the way I might have been years ago. Anyone here hoping Sherlock Holmes 3 ever gets made?
  14. Yeah, as soon as he was cast in Starfighter, my anticipation for that movie went way up. It's Star Wars, so I was always gonna be interested in it, but the fact that it got Gosling to break his no franchises rule makes it really exciting. And now he's gonna be in a Daniels movie? I love that he's interested in working with creative directors. Chazelle, Gerwig, Villeneuve, Lord and Miller. Now The Daniels. A little DiCaprio-esque.
  15. For those of you who have seen Project Hail Mary, do you want a sequel? As much as I love the movie, I would be perfectly fine with it staying a standalone. It told its story and the ending is perfect. Don't ruin it. The good news is that reports are saying "Weir is in the driver's seat" when it comes to a sequel, so hopefully it won't happen unless he has a strong enough idea.
  16. He's become one of my favorite actors too. My favorite movie of his would have to be La La Land, which is one of my favorite movies of all time. Looking over that list ... man he has some bangers. Fingers crossed Starfighter can join those ranks!
  17. Robbie Coltrane's Hagrid is so engraved in my mind that it's hard for me to shake the "wrong sounding Muppets" vibe Nick Frost is giving me. I thought the trailer was fine overall. If this was the first ever adaptation of the books, I'd probably be more excited about this. But as someone who grew up with the movies, it's hard for me to get all that enthused here. There's still a feeling of "been there, done that." The fact that I'm not much of a Potter fan these days probably contributes to that. I was much more into this franchise when I was younger. The ending of the last book never sat right with me (possible hot take alert).
  18. First thing that comes to mind is Hangover 2. I don't think I've ever rewatched the original Hangover since. And I never saw the third.
  19. April is all about Pragmata and Saros for me.
  20. I remember one time we watched Napoleon Dynamite in school and I just did not get it.
  21. Seconded. Sometimes it's okay to just let stories end.
  22. I think where Marvel really dropped the ball post Endgame is not establishing a new core group of characters to follow through the next saga. Think about how many times we saw the Original Six in the Infinity Saga before we got to Infinity War. One of the main reasons why Endgame works as well as it does it it's the last hurrah for this team we had been following for the better part of a decade. I think I'd be more excited for Doomsday/Secret Wars if there had been a new core team anchoring this franchise for the past handful of years. Phase 4 should have been like "New Avengers Assemble" or something and then flesh those characters out in Phases 5 and 6.
  23. PS5 is the only console I have, so all my gaming is done there.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.